Anmated movie on ur prophet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anmated movie on ur prophet

IS this allowed in Islam? Any one remembers "Dawn of islam" they never showed hazrat Ali in the move just his sword.
    http://www.thelastprophet.com/

Sorry folks I got the title wrong it should be.

Animated movie on our prophet(PBUH)

[This message has been edited by Abdali (edited December 22, 2001).]

This is sick.

This is why people lost hope in Jesus because it became like a movie, a fiction, an Art and a story.

Islam dont need this crap. Heck our negative image has done much better job then these movies will ever accomplish.

------------------
    *We are the Taleban-Resistance is Futile*

[This message has been edited by yOuNgBrAt (edited December 22, 2001).]

Comment

This is wrong........

Comment

Whats so wrong about this?
        Most of us learned about moses through animated stories and cartoons. Its informative. I don't think its bad at all.

------------------
        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
        Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

representation of any prophets is strictly forbidden, because it leads to their idolization and its shirk. and all of u so called moderate muslims, like it or not, if this movie is released, there will be couple of hostage takings to force this movie to shut down. and if u learned most of the info about MUSA AS from animations, than u r pathetic, quran has all the info we need to know....

Comment

sorry if i got tooo angry...it says that the personal image of mohammed SAW will not be shown...i can calm down now and now i actually am looking farward for its release.....again sorry about that anger...

Comment

Originally posted by ThandyMazaq:
              sorry if i got tooo angry...it says that the personal image of mohammed SAW will not be shown...i can calm down now and now i actually am looking farward for its release.....again sorry about that anger...

Thanday Payee, what about pictures of other Sahaba like Bilal (RA) and Sumayya (RA), is that OK for you?

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
                Whats so wrong about this?
                Most of us learned about moses through animated stories and cartoons. Its informative. I don't think its bad at all.

Most of the Western raised learned about Musa aalay’salaam from animated stories, not Middle-Eastern or East Asians. Just like the Jews, most of us learned about him from God’s word.

Its informative. I don't think its bad at all. Whats so wrong about this?

No its not informative, its missgudience. I did not learn or come to love Islam or our Prophet (PBUH) from movies or films then why should we want others to? If you want your friends to learn about Allah (swt) and His (swt) message, will you refer them to a movie or the Holy Quran and THE authentic sayings?

If someone wants to learn about Islam and the Prophet (PBUH) then they should read the Quran and the Hadiths. Everyone knows that reading has more impact then watching a movie. It draws a unique and original image of an understanding of both Allah (swt) and Prophet (PBUH) based on the readers experience and knowledge. Rather then ripping them off of such an opportunity by providing them an already drawn image based on what other things/thought of such and so ‘n so.

Its like canned food for ones brain, which we know most of the time suck!

Another reason is that you will have people pointing out movies in debates then looking into Quran and Hadiths for facts.

You will also have people questioning its ethnicity, like you have in Christianity. Is it a made-up story? Is it a fiction? How do they know he looked like that? Where did they get his picture? Are we following someone’s imagination?

And the rest of the yada yada questions that Shaitaan will put in people’s head.

People will be acting proud of the way he (the character) looks. Some will say he was white, some will say he was black. Creating more fithna.

An already example that you have is CHRISTIANITY! Most African American (especially the Nation of Islam) converted from it to ISLAM because they didn’t believe in a WHITE JESUS! They didn’t like the idea of following a WHITE MAN religion! How stupid can one really be for letting that happen?

Such attempts are only made when one is really desperate when they see that their beliefs are threatened by extinction. Islam don’t need such attempts and InshaAllah never will.

True religion does not need such creations of satanic minds for its propagation.

There are so many hidden benefits in Shairia that we don’t know. We shouldn’t challenge it, or else it is promised from Allah (swt) that “ye will go astray”. Many of us already have.

And last but not least, for those who are making fun of Mulvees. Don’t laugh so hard, if it hasn’t for them you would still be kneeling before a stone made god.

Salaam from the one and only who is truly a fUn-iN-dA-mEnTaL

------------------
                *We are the Taleban-Resistance is Futile*

Comment

its not alloed in Islam....
                  no way!!!!
                  Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Hmmm But its a good way to let people now about ISLAMs history. Especially for children.

------------------
                    • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
                    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Yes it's wrong, but if you browse the site, the personage of Mohammad (pbuh) is not shown, "according to Islamic law". (Like the movie) Makes me feel so much better.

Comment

As long as His personage is not shown at all and neither are the ememinent Sahabas as Hazrat Ali and Abu Bakr etc, it should be ok. The film "THE MESSENGER" is such a film too. And it is a good one. In fact we are planning to show here in collaboration with the muslim student assosiation.

For the record I am a conservative kinda guy.

Comment

Hold it you guys.

There's nothing wrong with movies or films.

Its the content, i.e. what they portray that can make them so.

And sure, the majority of movies may rightfully be considered frivolous, some immoral, etc., yet the majority doesn't include everything and one should keep that in mind, right?

Videos/films made for educational purposes are really nice, I remember many of you who are so quick to condemn the role of films were very enthusiastic about the documentary 'Islam: Empire of Faith' put forth by PBS a few months ago.

Like many have already stated, if the Prophet (saw) and eminent sahabas are not depicted, is it truly wrong?

I understand the resentment of many, you feel that such would trivialize the life of our beloved Prophet sallallaho alaihe wasallam, and thats a valid concern. But instead of taking such unforgiving attitude why not act in a manner which is proactive instead of simply condemning, get involved, or let those involved in the making of such a film aware of your concerns, give them suggestions, help them.

In my eyes, there's nothing wrong with making the story of our Messenger, our Prophet sallallaho alaihe wasallam that much more accessible as long as its in a manner which is within the boundaries of Islam.

Comment

Working...
                          X