Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~ Time for Repentance (Tawbah) ~

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once said:

"Allah extends His Hand at night so that He can forgive the sinner of the day; He extends His Hand in the day so that He can forgive the sinner of the night. He will continue to do so until the sun rises from the West (the Day of Judgment)"

[Related by Imam Muslim]

Lessons to Think about:

In another Hadith the Prophet (pbuh) said, "Allah accepts the Repentance (Tawbah) of His servant as long as he does not croak (on his death bed)" [Tirmidhi], i.e. until just before his last moment, when he knows that he has to repent any way.
    Once he advised his Companions: "People! Repent towards Allah and ask Him to forgive you. For I repent a hundred times a day!" [Muslim]
    Imam Raghib al-Isfihani mentions the following three benefits of a sincere Tawbah (repentance) in Adh-Dhari'ah:

It patches up your faults and identifies the devil's points of entry to the human heart. This makes the repenting person more aware of evil around him or her.
    You, the repenting person, become embarrassed and are thus overcome with fear. You approach the door of your Merciful Lord with humbleness and apprehension.
    Since you have experienced both the good and bad aspects of this life, and have tasted its sweet and bitter fruits, you become more sympathetic towards other sinners, and do not look down upon them.
    Last ten nights of Ramadan, also described as the days of 'Freedom from Hellfire', offer a perfect opportunity to turn to Allah in Tawbah

[compiled from "Sincere Repentance", by Imam Ghazali, Imam Ibn Qayyim, and Imam Rajab (May Allah bless their souls)]

------------------
    O ye who believe! if ye fear Allah, He will grant you a criterion (to judge
    between right and wrong), remove from you (all) evil (that may afflict) you, and forgive you: for Allah is the Lord of grace unbounded. al-Qur'an 8:29
    22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Jazakallah khair

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

Comment

Salaam,
      We all know that allh (swt) is the most forgiving. But what if you constantly commit the same sin over and over again? does allah (swt) forgive you each time? When does he stop forgiving?

Comment

I think Allah swt only knows that.

------------------
        "Allah extends His Hand at night so that He can forgive the sinner of the day; He extends His Hand in the day so that He can forgive the sinner of the night. He will continue to do so until the sun rises from the West (the Day of Judgment)"

[Related by Imam Muslim]

22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

All we need to know about repentance, right there in the Qur'an.

[an-Nisa' 4:17] Repentance with Allah is only for those who do evil in ignorance, then turn soon, so these it is to whom Allah turns, and Allah is ever Knowing, Wise.

[an-Nahl 16:119] Yet surely your Lord, with respect to those who do an evil in ignorance, then turn after that and make amends, most surely your Lord after that is Forgiving, Merciful

[al-A`raf 7:153] And those who do evil deeds, then repent after that and believe, your Lord after that is most surely Forgiving, Merciful.

[al-Furqan 25:71] And whosoever repenteth and doeth good, he verily repenteth toward Allah with true repentance

[an-Nisa' 4:18] Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil, until death faces one of them, and he says, "Now have I repented indeed;" nor of those who die rejecting Faith: for them have We prepared a punishment most grievous.

May Allah forgive us for anything evil done in ignorance for which we haven't repented yet, for surely repentance is of no effect when it's already too late.

------------------
          This Space For Rent
          JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by Truth:
            Salaam, We all know that allh (swt) is the most forgiving. But what if you constantly commit the same sin over and over again? does allah (swt) forgive you each time? When does he stop forgiving?

Ibrahim says: salaams to all

In addition to what PA had already quoted from the Qur’an concerning repentance .

Let us read.

3: 135 And those who having done something to be ashamed of or wronged their own souls earnestly bring Allah to mind and ask for forgiveness for their sins and who can forgive sins except Allah? And are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done

As an admonition for those who sway from belief to unbelief again and again, it had been already conveyed to us……………

4: 137 Those who believe then reject faith then believe (again) and (again) reject faith and go on increasing in unbelief Allah will not forgive them nor guide them on the way.

Allah (swt) further conveys as to why some details have been kept hidden from us.

5: 101 O ye who believe! ask not questions about things which if made plain to you may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur'an is being revealed they will be made plain to you: Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Forbearing.

102 Some people before you did ask such questions and on that account lost their faith.

Allah (swt) knows best

Comment

"There is no God else beside me; a jut God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look untome, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."
              Isaiah 45:21-22

Comment

Originally posted by kimmy:
                "There is no God else beside me; a jut God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look untome, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."
                Isaiah 45:21-22
                Ibrahim says : Greetings of Peace to one and all

Dear Kimmy, I assume you are trying to convey that

a) there is no god other than the Creator

( let us use the word “Creator” since that is what is actually being conveyed in that passage that you have quoted and the word God NEVER existed in the Torah and neither did Prophet Isaiah ever knew such a word called “God” )

b) He alone is the savior of mankind.

and to support those claims you spliced Isaiah 45:21-22 as above.

Mind you , splicing verses may not always reveal what is being conveyed, so let me quote more details as from Isaiah 45:18-22

Read!

Isaiah 45: 18. For this is what the LORD says— he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited— he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other.

19. I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, `Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.

20. "Gather together and come; assemble, you fugitives from the nations. Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood, who pray to gods that cannot save.

21. Declare what is to be, present it-- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.

22. "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

Now based on the above passage, those who call themselves Christians will have no room to stand upon, since they believe Christ is their savior and amongst them who call themselves Catholics have numerous idols, crosses and icons of their saints.( which amounts to carrying idols around)

Anyway leaving that aside , let me show you what Islam teaches

Qur'an 2:255 Allah! there is no Allah but He the living the Self-subsisting Eternal. No slumber can seize him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to his creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of his knowledge except as He willeth. His throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. For He is the Most High the Supreme (in glory).

Ibrahim says; hence if you had noted both your points are also clearly conveyed in the above verse found in the Qur’an too with much more clarity since we now know that the Creator does not sleep or tire . whereas the Bible conveys that He rested on the seven day.

Genesis 2: 2. By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

3. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Which brings the Creator down the level of man, lets pass this by for now.

So now the question is who is Allah? And who is God? The best way I can answer you is to refer you to the Christian Bible in the Arabic tongue…let me give you the transliteration for some verses from the Arabic Bible.

Exhibit No 1:

[Genesis 1:1 - English Bible - King James Version]
                "In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth . . . "

[Genesis 1:1 - Arabic transliteration - Arabic Bible]

"Fee al-badi' khalaqa Allahu as-Samaawaat wa al-Ard . . . "

Exhibit no 2:

[John 3:16 - English Bible - King James Version]
                "For God so loved the world, that He gave . . . "

[John 3:16 - Arabic transliteration - Arabic Bible]

"Li-annhu haakadha ahabba Allahu al-'Aalama hataa badhala . . . "

Exhibit No 3:

[Luke 3:38 - English Bible - New King James Version]
                " . . . the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God."

[Luke 3:38 - Arabic transliteration - Arabic Bible]

" . . . bini Anoosha, bini Sheeti, bini Aaadama, abni Allahi."

Ibrahim says; hence Arabic Christians worship “Allah” and believe they are worshipping God in the English context

How about you who do you worship when even according to the verse you quoted …let me give you the Hebrew transliteration , there is no such word called “God” mentioned therein.

Isaiah 45:21 hagiyduu whagiyshuu 'ap yiuuaa`atsuu yaxdaaw miy hishmiy`a zo't miqedem mee'aaz higiydaah halow' 'aniy Yahweh w'eeyn-`owd 'Elohiym mibal`aaday 'Eel -tsadiyq uumowshiy`a 'ayin zuulaatiy.

English : 21. Declare what is to be, present it-- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the LORD ? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous
                God [/b] and a Savior; there is none but me.

Isaiah 45:22 pnuu-'eelay whiwaash`uu kaal-'apceey-'aarets kiy 'aniy- 'Eel w'eeyn `owd.

22. "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

Hence I leave it to you to decide , as per above verse you quoted

Yahweh means Lord
                Elohiym means God
                Eel means God

It is known that the word “Elah” pronounced as Alah (as the letter “E” is pronounced as “A” in Hebrew) and Elohiym was written 2500 times in the Old testament but today they have all been changed to God in the bible that you have put your faith in.

Do you know what the bible says about those who change the words in scriptures?

Proverbs 30: 5. "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Proverbs 30:5 ( Hebrew) kaal-'imrat 'Elowha tsruupaah maageen huu' laxociym bow.

6. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Ibrahim says: since the Jews and Christian altered the flawless words according to their desires, the Creator abrogated the earlier scripture ( just like He had abrogated earlier scriptures given to the Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) [ pbuh] followers due to their messing around with those flawless words and revealed the intact scripture once again in the Arabic tongue for mankind to follow .

That is the essence of Islamic understanding

The choice is yours , do the research for yourself .

Comment

Jazak Allah, brother Ibrahim!

Indeed repentence and asking for forgiveness (tawba) is a prerequisite for Allah's Forgiveness. The thought that a person can be saved by another's sacrifice is not free from doubt.

------------------
                  Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Working...
                  X