Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is jihad mentioned in gita?

following verses about war more sounds like jihad:

If you will not fight this righteous war, then you will fail in your duty, lose your reputation, and incur sin. (2.33)

People will talk about your disgrace forever. To the honored, dishonor is worse than death. (2.34)

The great warriors will think that you have retreated from the battle out of fear. Those who have greatly esteemed you will lose respect for you. (2.35)

Your enemies will speak many unmentionable words and scorn your ability. What could be more painful than this? (2.36)

You will go to heaven if killed, or you will enjoy the earth if victorious. Therefore, get up with a determination to fight, O Arjuna. (2.37)

Treating pleasure and pain, gain and loss, victory and defeat alike, engage yourself in your duty. By doing your duty this way you will not incur sin. (2.38)

rvikz,
    Your previous post was trying to proove that Kaaba and pre-Islamic idolatory was somehow linked with Hinduism.
    As a Hindu I am seriously insulted about even a hint of a connection between Arabs of whatever period and Hinduism !!
    Gita is too sophisticated to be compared with the exhortations of uneducated Mullahs.
    By the way Jihad presumes an infidel and such concepts of passing judgements on people's beliefs is alien to Hinduism.

Comment

Gita is too sophisticated to be compared with the exhortations of uneducated Mullahs.
      and then ....
      By the way Jihad presumes an infidel and such concepts of passing judgements on people's beliefs is alien to Hinduism.
      My friend, didn't you just contradict yourself?
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Not at all. For example,OBL in his public speeches not only called for Jihad, but mentioned who the infidels are as well.
        See, I am not presuming or interpreting any thing here as a Hindu.
        I am just giving an example of a typical Jihaadi call.
        Now I don't know how many Muslims agree with comments like the ones OBL makes, but going by news reports, there are no demonstartion by Muslim Clerics against him

Comment

Hinduism is a cult so you are free to do what ever you want.

Comment

You don't belong to a monotheistic religion Abdali so as far as you are concerned Hinduism could well be a cult.
            But tell me this. There are many similarities between Chrisatianity,Judaism and Islam. All children of Abraham right?
            So why does that factor never come into a play in these middle-east conflicts ?

Comment

because Jews didn't really beleive in Jesus Christ AS. those who beleived in Jesus AS converted to Christianity and are now called Christians. similarly, those Jews and Christians who beleived in Mohammed PBUH converted to Muslim. So whoever didn't beleive in prophethood of next prophet will obviously be an opponent of other religion.

------------------
              May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Man you got 3 different flavors of Hell and Heaven right there

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                  You don't belong to a monotheistic religion Abdali so as far as you are concerned Hinduism could well be a cult.
                  But tell me this. There are many similarities between Chrisatianity,Judaism and Islam. All children of Abraham right?
                  So why does that factor never come into a play in these middle-east conflicts ?

Open a thread if you want to discuss Abrahamic roots here we have hinduism on the run.. . Hindusim is a cult you agree don't you. India is a hindu country with religious killings way of life. Did you watch "shame of India" on CBS 60 minutes by Christiana Amanpor?

[This message has been edited by Abdali (edited December 03, 2001).]

Comment

Abdali you don't see to read even after you bother to cut and paste

here is what I wrote.
                    >>You don't belong to a monotheistic religion Abdali so as far as you are concerned Hinduism could well be a cult.<<
                    I said "so far as you are concerned" and so far as I am concerned all monotheistic religions are moronic, because they all calim that there is only one God and they are the ones who worship that God.
                    SO who are you to believe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                      Abdali you don't see to read even after you bother to cut and paste

here is what I wrote.
                      >>You don't belong to a monotheistic religion Abdali so as far as you are concerned Hinduism could well be a cult.<<
                      I said "so far as you are concerned" and so far as I am concerned all monotheistic religions are moronic, because they all calim that there is only one God and they are the ones who worship that God.
                      SO who are you to believe ?
                      haha this is getting real funny, your world revolves around Islam and Pakistan.. Oh well obsession has its limitations excluding you and ur cronies. Any way one more time would you leave Islam out and letís discuss Hindu cult or will I have to post kumba mela pics. . just for your sake coz I've noticed its been hard for even the most successful guppies to penetrate your skull.

Here is the summary:- Hinduism is a cult with deep hatred embedded in its roots based upon caste. Do you know where Hitler got his idea of superior race?

Comment

, Hindus believe that BY WORSHIPING GOD BY ANY NAME, YOU ARE ACTUALLY WORSHIPING ONE AND ONLY GOD BRAHMAN and that is why they have no problem even worshiping Buddha or Jesus Christ.---So a Hindu believes by worshiping any form of God, you are indeed worshiping the ALMIGHTY.
                        In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna said: CALL HIM BY WHATEVER NAME YOU LIKE, WORSHIP HIM IN ANY FORM YOU LIKE, IT ALL GOES TO THAT ONE ULTIMATE, INFINITE, SUPREME REALITY.

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
                          , So a Hindu believes by worshiping any form of God, you are indeed worshiping the ALMIGHTY.
                          I can think of few

[This message has been edited by Abdali (edited December 04, 2001).]

Comment

Slightly off track, but very relevant.

Islam tells us that there were 124000 prophets/messengers sent to this world, but Qur'an names only a few. Who are the rest?

It is quite possible that some of the people in Hindu religion were actually prophets/messengers. It is also possible that the Hindu scripture could have been from God (this is conjecture as there is no evidence). During the period, teh Hindus changed their religion so drastically, that it ceased to be considered by the Authoas His own.

Keeping this in mind, we should pay respect to the Hindu personalities, who may have been Muslims and may have taught tawheed.

What the Hindus of today do and believe in is their concern. We need to give them the Message, but understanding it and trying to follow it is their own. Only Allah can guide them.

------------------
                            Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Well, FactFinder the submission to God, basically saying that Allah alone knows the best and how to guide people, is what seems to be lacking here.
                              Also in my opinion, what is essentially a political problem i.e. the Middle East is given religious dimensions.
                              After all if you look back the last 200 years no outsiders have agitated for the rights of Indian Muslims.
                              Indians on the other hand started Khilafat movement, agitating for Turks. Hindus as well as Muslims joined it.
                              Though everybody looked foolish when Ataturk abolished the Khalifate!!

Comment

Working...
                              X