Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little question....? (Mods & Admin, anyone?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little question....? (Mods & Admin, anyone?)

Just a lil' question, where has the Mahdi thread disappeared to?

The thread was removed because certain members decided to turn it into an arena for abusive language and slanderous rhetoric against the Wife of the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - and the Mothers of the Believers. The discussion had digressed far from the inital subject.

I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience, particularly as your thread was a genuine enquiry into the topic.

However, if you do wish to acquire the relevant feedback and contributions by the members in the thread, i will be more than glad to forward them your way through the internal private messaging service.

Please let me know, and thank you for your patience and co-operation.

regards,

Sentinel.

Comment

why don't you just remove the offending parts of those posts with a warning and let the discussion continue??

M O D E R A T E don't C E N S O R

[This message has been edited by PakistaniAbroad (edited December 07, 2001).]
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by Sentinel:
        The thread was removed because certain members decided to turn it into an arena for abusive language and slanderous rhetoric against the Wife of the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - and the Mothers of the Believers. The discussion had digressed far from the inital subject.

I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience, particularly as your thread was a genuine enquiry into the topic.

However, if you do wish to acquire the relevant feedback and contributions by the members in the thread, i will be more than glad to forward them your way through the internal private messaging service.

Please let me know, and thank you for your patience and co-operation.

regards,

Sentinel.
        salam
        i cantt belvie it has disepared! i have contributed so did other br/sr nd i am deeply sad by the fact taht it has been removed. if ther was offensive bit then only taht bit should be removed not teh WHOLE bit. is the islam is fair religion with justice for INDIVIDUAL?

if this si the case that our all hard will go to astray i may as well reform form contributing!

i will be greatful if the thread could be sent to me via eamil or via private messgaing wetherver.

Allah hafez

[This message has been edited by iqra_786 (edited December 07, 2001).]

Comment

I fully agree with PA. The objectionable parts must be removed and the thread reinstated.

------------------
          Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Thank you Sentinel for the prompt reply, and I would very much like to recieve "relevent feedback", espescially as I didn't get to read much of the thread...e-mail or pm, any would do. Your efforts in this regard will be much appreciated.

Comment

I shall request the admins to return the thread Insha'Allah after the appropriate editions have been made, thus removing all unnecessary and unrelated material from it.

Thank you again for your patience.

Sentinel.

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
                M O D E R A T E don't C E N S O R
                Moderating is not always possible without censoring where required and necessary.

It is not beyond any reasonable mind to understand that censoring is sometimes essential to keep the discussion pertinent and within the boundaries of tolerance in a respectable debating environment.

We are not running a circus here, where every act can be displayed in a coliseum of dramatics.

Let us keep the forums mature and respectable. Let us keep them friendly.

regards,

Sentinel.

Comment

Sentinal,

Its not a circus but you are too strict if someone does not conform to your own personal feelings.

I really dislike the way you go on delivering warnings: "Be Warned, I dont wish to see this in future." What is this, a correctional facility or a discussion board?
                  In some way, you remind me of the Zia-ul-Haq regime.
                  I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
                  I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

What do you mean delete posts just as i nuked that one PakistaniAbroad? Oh i see. Well in future i'll keep that in mind!

Originally posted by Scratch:
                    In some way, you remind me of the Zia-ul-Haq regime.
                    I don't know whether you were trying to be derogatory toward me there, but my concerns arise when others are being targetted with abusive language and ridiculous remarks and insults.

I'll let you know now, that my attitude as a moderator and its conduct in an introduction to the policies and regulations that are to come. So i suggest you brace yourself for what is on its way, particularly as you feel uncomfortable with the present.

Oh, and incidently, i prefer Ayoub Khan.

regards,

Sentinel Khan.

Comment

Working...
                    X