Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Ambedkars book "Why Conversion"

DR. AMBEDKAR ON CONVERSION
    In his book "Why Conversion", Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar says that untouchability is a permanent feature of the Hindu society. In order to attain freedom from this evil practice, he urges the victims to establish close relations with other societies to embrace another religion. He concludes that conversion is the only way to achieve eternal bliss, for, by becoming a Muslim, Christian, Buddhist or Sikh, a convert will get the political safeguards of the religion of his choice. Doesn’t this sound very strange, seeing how the overwhelming majority of people in India are Hindu?
    Is there a Christian, Sikh or Muslim who has willingly embraced Hinduism? Even if a person should decide to become a Hindu, which caste will he choose? He cannot - for sure - become a Brahmin for according to Veda, he has to die three more deaths. But would any Brahmin object to his becoming a Shudra? The answer to that question is no, because history proves that conversion to Hinduism was forced upon people, mainly by the sword. It should be noted that in today's 1990's society, the Indian government is currently trying to sway people into Hinduism via monetary coercion.

My My. I see that your heart is bleeding for Hindus Abdali. I suggest you go to the nearest place of pilgrimage and pray on behalf of oppressed Hindus. If you are short of funds, I suggest disposing off a month's supply of your dope on open Market!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
      My My. I see that your heart is bleeding for Hindus Abdali. I suggest you go to the nearest place of pilgrimage and pray on behalf of oppressed Hindus. If you are short of funds, I suggest disposing off a month's supply of your dope on open Market!!
      wah! wah! As usual what a rebuttal
      keep em comming we do need luffs

Comment

"Even if a person should decide to become a Hindu, which caste will he choose? He cannot - for sure "

you should be born as hindu,if u want to be a hindu,according to it conversion is big sin
        which has no excuses,it does not say as other religions like allah is the only god or jesus is the only god
        it does not have any rules to pray or to life
        it says you live as you like happily,peacefully without doing any harm to other people

Comment

you could also post ambedkar's passage on why he did not convert to islam.

Comment

Why does the caste system that prevails mainly among the Hindus,
            also exists in a subconscious manner amongst Christians and
            Muslims in India (Pakistan and Bangla Desh)?

Despite Islam, Pakistani Muslims refer to themselves as Jats, Gujjars,
            Rajputs, etc. For instance, Benazir Bhutto says in her book
            'Daughter of the East', "In my veins runs the blood of a Wadhera".
            Wadheras are a Rajput clan from Punjab and Sindh.

Caste also exists among Bangla-Deshi Muslims.

Indian Christians also are not free of caste. Goans and East
            Indian Christains, still refer to
            themselves as Bamons (Brahmins), Bhandaris, Kolis, Prabhus, etc.

Why is Caste so indelible that it can remain among communities who
            now profess religions that decry caste distinctions.

Why is it that among Hindus caste is such a sticky factor that it refuses
            to die despite the Constitution of India's ban of the system. Why do we
            still have a Mandalization of Indian Politics and why many
            centuries after the convsersion to Islam and Christianity do Muslims
            and Christians are still observe a system they inherited from their
            Hindu ancestors?

Comment

Well, Caste is like rascism. It's roots are based on a sense of one's own superiroty and other's inferiority. That sense always existed I guess even before Chimpanzees decided to walk and become Human.
              Also Caste gives a strong sense of community.
              Islam does give a sense of solidarity. Have you ever been to a mosque or a church?
              For those few minutes everybody is one and equal beofre their GOd.
              Ofcourse once they come out of that Mosque or Church they are back to square one.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:
                you could also post ambedkar's passage on why he did not convert to islam.
                thats not the point boy who cares if he goes back to hinduism in which case he will have to have his head examined. The bottom line is all hindus who converted to Christianity, Islam, Sikhism were at gun point.. right...

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                  thats not the point boy who cares if he goes back to hinduism in which case he will have to have his head examined. The bottom line is all hindus who converted to Christianity, Islam, Sikhism were at gun point.. right...
                  nope.. the conversion by sword is claim mainly about islam. why bungle in christinity, sikhism and other enlightened religions with ur religion.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:
                    nope.. the conversion by sword is claim mainly about islam. why bungle in christinity, sikhism and other enlightened religions with ur religion.
                    Oh really so Dr. Sahib has been BSing and I wonder why Christian babies were incenerated is there a historical link.

You right I personally converted Mohammed Ali with a gun and other million in ameerika.

Perhaps you can cover the rest 1.2B how did they convert.

Comment

abdali do you think of those who did not convert to islam are anti-muslims?

Comment

Churches have a definite mission to convert to Christinity.

Yesterday i received a free copy of a 'Jesus' video; these guys have funds to their disposal..

anyway the point to note was the languages their literature was in included Hindi.

I guess they are after the huge Hindu population in South East Asia and see them as potential converts.
                        JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

>>I guess they are after the huge Hindu population in South East Asia and see them as potential converts.<<
                          They have been trying for a while now, you know. Like more than 200 years
                          Anyway they can convert how many ever they want.
                          Qualitiy matters more than quantity.
                          After all how many Israelis are there in Middle East?

Comment

Stick to the topic.

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited December 07, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                              >>I guess they are after the huge Hindu population in South East Asia and see them as potential converts.<<
                              They have been trying for a while now, you know. Like more than 200 years
                              Anyway they can convert how many ever they want.
                              Qualitiy matters more than quantity.
                              After all how many Israelis are there in Middle East?
                              hahaha andhera this time you've really out done yourself. You can only compete with yourself!!!! in moronic logic that is. 800+ million hindus in one hell hole is the highest concentration of quality. hahaha

please please stop torturing us my tummy hurts.

Comment

Working...
                              X