Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please add your comments... What actually Islam is ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

salam everyone...
    Can you guys define what Islam is ???
    What actually it means.. so far i only write this that "Islam" is an Arabic word meaning submission, surrender, and obedience. In Islam, the fundamental duty of each member is to submit to Allah and whatever Allah wants of them. A person who follows Islam is called a Muslim, and this means "one who surrenders to God."
    Islam is closely related to the Arabic word for peace. Muslims believe that true peace can only be achieved through true obedience to the will of Allah.
    actually i have my paper due about Islam on 14th dec so i atleast wanna write 15 16 pages on islam.... so can you guys add your comments in here so that my paper will look absoulety perfect n strong.. and if anyone can Quotate any Quranic ayaat or hadith whr the meaning of Islam is decribed it will look more effective...cuz many non muslims are gonna read it though so plzz help me...
    i am gonna need your help many times before 14 dec..

------------------
    Friendship is a very precious gift from ALLAH, only lucky ppl got this gift.. and thanks God, I am among on those ppl who got that pricious gift..

Hi PP,

Please remember to stress the importance that there is only ONE religion acceptable to God and it has ALWAYS been Islam.

Nations have corrupted their teachings and developed different practices, but it's essentially the same Religion and the same message and not to be taken as a new cult or religion.

You may make use of the following quotes from different scriptures to show the similarity between the messages of the religions and to arrive at the point that these religions are but ONE.

Let us meditate on God, His glorious attributes, who is the basis of everything in this universe as its Creator,
    who is fit to be worshiped as Omnipresent,
    Omnipotent, Omniscient and self existent concious being, who removes all ignorance and impurities from the mind
    and purifies and sharpens the intellect.

[Gayatri Mantra, Yajur Veda]

This is the gist of the message these verses convey, not the exact translations:

Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is One God!
    Therefore you shall adore the Lord your God
    with all your heart,
    with all your soul,
    with all your mind,
    and with all your strength.

[Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Luke 12:29-30, Quran 3:18]

Also quote some Qur'anic Verses.

[Al-Imran 3:19] The Religion before God is Islam (submission to His Will): Nor did the People of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of God, God is swift in calling to account

[Al-Imran 3:85] If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).

Good Luck

The link you posted addresses a web site with derogatory remarks concerning the Mothers of the Believers. I suggest in future you check your sources before you make them public.

Sentinel.

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited December 05, 2001).]
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

PA!

The link you gave is to a shia site. It is a fitna. Are you shia or have you given it for the sake of the first sub-page only.

A better link is: http://www.islamawareness.org/
      and the title to look for is:
      What Islam Stands For

------------------
      Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

[This message has been edited by FactFinder (edited December 05, 2001).]

Comment

The link you gave is to a shia site. It is a fitna. Are you shia or have you given it for the sake of the first sub-page only.
        I thought my title to the link was clear that I found the information in the Beginner's Introduction to be precise and factual.

PP can choose to use it or parts of it.

As I've pointed out before, I do not belong to any sect, and vehemently reject sectarianism.

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
          I thought my title to the link was clear that I found the information in the Beginner's Introduction to be precise and factual.

PP can choose to use it or parts of it.
          When we post a link, we must ensure it is not incorrect Islam as we become responsible for its promotion. Apparently, PP is still in school and does not have the knowledge to differentiate between good and bad. The site has pages that are incorrectly maligning Ummul Momeneen and the beloved saaba. I believe you should delete the link.

As I've pointed out before, I do not belong to any sect, and vehemently reject sectarianism.
          So do I. And, I stand up for what I believe is correct Islam - Following the shariah.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FactFinder (edited December 05, 2001).]

Comment

A Sahih Bukhari hadith.This Hadith is also known as Mother of all Hadith.It's one of the most important.

Narrated Abu Huraira:
            One day while the Prophet was sitting in the company of some people, (The angel) Gabriel came and asked, "What is faith?" Allah's Apostle replied, 'Faith is to believe in Allah, His angels, (the) meeting with Him, His Apostles, and to believe in Resurrection." Then he further asked, "What is Islam?" Allah's Apostle replied, "To worship Allah Alone and none else, to offer prayers perfectly to pay the compulsory charity (Zakat) and to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan." Then he further asked, "What is Ihsan (perfection)?" Allah's Apostle replied, "To worship Allah as if you see Him, and if you cannot achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is looking at you." Then he further asked, "When will the Hour be established?" Allah's Apostle replied, "The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will inform you about its portents.

1. When a slave (lady) gives birth to her master.
            2. When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. And the Hour is one of five things which nobody knows except Allah.

The Prophet then recited: "Verily, with Allah (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour--." (31. 34) Then that man (Gabriel) left and the Prophet asked his companions to call him back, but they could not see him. Then the Prophet said, "That was Gabriel who came to teach the people their religion." Abu 'Abdullah said: He (the Prophet) considered all that as a part of faith.

------------------
            All is the Beloved and the lover is a veil
            The Beloved is alive and the lover is dead (RUMI)

Comment

PP,

Please be warned that I only endorse the Beginnner's Introduction section of that site.

Thanks

Comment

PP,Please be warned that I only endorse the Beginnner's Introduction section of that site.Thanks
                Jazak Allah. Can you not delete the link to be on the safe side.

------------------

Comment

[CODE]

ISLAM is Peace
                  The best type of Peace

ISLAM is Submission
                  The best type of submission

ISLAM is a way of life
                  The best way of life

ISLAM is a religion
                  The best religion

ISLAM is truth
                  The REAL truth.

[\code]

P.S !!! Why is [code] tag not working?

[This message has been edited by asadsalm (edited December 05, 2001).]

Comment

Hi PP,

Please remember to stress the importance that there is only ONE religion acceptable to God and it has ALWAYS been Islam.
                    Correction: Please remember to stress the importance that there is only ONE religion acceptable to Islamic God and it has ALWAYS been Islam.

Please remember, Allah may be a pan-Islamic god for Islamic people. People of other religions couldn't care less.

Nations have corrupted their teachings and developed different practices, but it's essentially the same Religion and the same message and not to be taken as a new cult or religion.

...[Your Quote from Yajur Veda]
                    So, now Islam is a sect of Hinduism? This gets interesting. Stop being confused, be proud of ur religion and try to appreciate the pride of others about their religion!

As much as you care for Hindu/Christian gods, people of other faith care the same for allah. It is merely the name of a god of some guppies. nothing more!

Comment

Thanks to everyonbe who add theiur comments it really helps me alot... i will bug u guys one more time. but furst i want thanks to fact finder who tells me such a wondersite i ever founhd.. i will reply each of you later right thansk for the site fact and pakiabroad u too
                      thanks,,,,,

------------------
                      Friendship is a very precious gift from ALLAH, only lucky ppl got this gift.. and thanks God, I am among on those ppl who got that pricious gift..

Comment

Please remember, Allah may be a pan-Islamic god for Islamic people. People of other religions couldn't care less.
                        Just because you are in denial doesn't mean the religion hasn't always been the same, but corrupted by all followers.

So, now Islam is a sect of Hinduism?
                        No, if you can get it into your little mind that there has always been One God and to HIM belongs all religions. People corrupt these teachings and create sects.

It will always be the goal of these sects to distance themselves from ONE God in order to prove their idol worship is correct.

If you are not obeying one God and submitting to HIM ALONE, then you are in idol worship..

I don't care if you wish to call it Hinduism, Christianity or one of the many deviant sects of Islam.

Comment

"Innad Deena Indallaahil Islam."
                          (Verily Deen in the eyes of Allah is only Islam)

------------------
                          You (Muslims) are the best nation ever raised among the mankind: (because) you
                          advocate righteousness and FORBID EVIL, and you believe in (one) GOD (ALLAH).
                          (Sura: Aalay-Imran; Ayat:110)
                          ========================
                          ***Sitaaron Pay Jo Daltay Hain Kamand!***
                          Tu Tundi-e-Baad-e-Mukhaalif say na ghabra ay Uqaab
                          Yeh tau chaltee hai tujhay OoNcha urRaanay kay liye

Comment

Originally posted by proudpakistani007:
                            but furst i want thanks to fact finder who tells me such a wondersite i ever founhd..
                            You are welcome sister. It is avery involving site and the more you visit, the more you find. Very addictive for the knowledge-seeker.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:

Correction: Please remember to stress the importance that there is only ONE religion acceptable to Islamic God and it has ALWAYS been Islam

NO. There is only one GOD. The same GOD Hindu people refer to, Christians, Jews refer to. BUT they changed their books according to their interests, desires and they demand same for Islam.

So, now Islam is a sect of Hinduism? This gets interesting.

Another way of saying "Hinduism a deviation from Islam".

He simply quoted different religions beleif to show that these religions also beleive in ONE GOD.
                              .......[/B]
                              ------------------
                              May Allah SWT guide us all towards right and help us follow the right

Comment

Working...
                              X