Islam and Izlam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islam and Izlam

These days we hear western media pronouncing Islam as Izlam and Muslim as Muzlim...i m just curious if they do it to disgrace the true meanings? Like is there anything in Arabic language relating to Izlam or Muzlim???

------------------
    pumpkins forever!

Yeah I know what you mean, like when they say 'Izlamabad'. These people are dumb they cant say anything right. Another example is when I hear people like the prez say 'Mr. Bin Laden', I mean that does not make any sense whatsoever . His name is Osama Ibn Muhammed Laden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Let them suffer as how we have suffered for the 80+ years.
    --Bin Laden
    I LOVE IT WHEN PAKIS HATE ME!

Comment

Wow!!
      >>Let them suffer as how we have suffered for the 80+ years.
      --Bin Laden<<
      I don't know but thier blue eyed Bin Laden boy seemed to have made sure their suffering continues for the next 80+ years.

Comment

i guess my point was that in english there is a very well pronounciation for letter "s" (es) and it isnt (ez) as they pronounce it for Islam.

In the days of "Jahilya", Kuffar used to pronounce various muslims greeting words in different ways, so as to disgrace them...and i think my question was is their any word/term in Arabic language which is closely related to Izlam? 'cuz as we all know Islam has its roots in 'salam'.

------------------
        pumpkins forever!

Comment

i dunno they dont have problem saying"s" in osama bin laden. but they do when they call islam as izlam.and muslim as mazlim.
          hmmm they have the letter "s" in chri$tian .should we call them chriztians from now onwards.

Comment

I am sorry to say..that it is a lack of knowledge and repect for your culture from some Americans, no matter what level of education. The American culture has good and bad like anywhere. But, the majority of America is cuturally ignorant, because they are not taught about other cultures in the education system. So, in a sense they are taught to be arrogant. So..please be patient with the stupid ones..it is not all thier fault.

Comment

this is not a matter of being arrogant or being patient. what i am interested is in knowing about the root of words "izlam" and "Muzlim" in Arabic language, if any. Does these words have anything to do with "zulm" or "zalam"???

any lingo expert!

------------------
              pumpkins forever!

Comment

A lesser degree of importance but very prevalent is the loose pronunciation of our names........

Why cannot goray grasp the fact that names are important and should be pronounced correctly for e.g. Osama Bin Laden has been called anything from Yusama Bin Liydin to O'ssam beeeen Laydin????

Is it so hard to grasp the simplest of syllables???

I have to correct people as to the pronunciation of my name....but only once!

Comment

Comon guys .... r u gonna fight about something insignificant as this ....

When you speak english do you say "is" as "is" or "iz"

------------------
                  Its our Wits that make us MEN .... 'Braveheart'

Comment

Is (Iz) as in 'be' and Islam (Is) as in 'submission to Allah'...two entirely different words and pronounced quite differently.

Comment

there is nothing wrong with pronouncitaion in english...if everyone can pronoucne "Jesus" correctly and if everyone can pronounce "Mosses" correctly, then why cant ppl pronounce "Muslim" correclty?

and secondly i re-emphasis my question...i am more concerned about the importance of word pronounced as "Izlam" or "Muzlim" in Arabic language, if any.

------------------
                      pumpkins forever!

Comment

This thread is being moved to the General Forum where i'm sure it will receive a wider and more varied response.

regards,

Sentinel.

Comment

Working...
                        X