X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone answer these questions?

SALAAM
    i've been thinking of asking some questions lately but i wasn't too sure
    still i have decided to ask and if anyone can help please do so.

firstly is it wrong to remove unwanted hair?some say yes others say no. i heard it's not wrong as long as you dont use anything metal like shave, or pluck[tweasers]

secondly is it wrong to grow nails?

any suggestions will be helpful
    thank you

I don't see how you can avoid metal. Even if you use Scissors instead of a razor you are still using metal though you are not 'scrapping'.
    Personally I don't think God will mind if you shaved your hair,beard,crotch and armpits with metal or not.
    Still if you insist I advise using FlintStones

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
      I don't see how you can avoid metal. Even if you use Scissors instead of a razor you are still using metal though you are not 'scrapping'.
      Personally I don't think God will mind if you shaved your hair,beard,crotch and armpits with metal or not.
      Still if you insist I advise using FlintStones
      Andhra he is asking to those people who have knowledge about Islam. If u don't have any idea simply don't reply. and for ur kind information we can remove hair without using metal, for example, we can use thread or wax.

Comment

Andhra!

Get a life. Do you have nothing to do other than be a nuisance.

If you wish to acquire knowledge, you are more than welcome. But if you are going to answer questions like these, based on total ignorance, I would strongly recommend to the administration to ban you from the religious forum.

Comment

It's Unfortunate to see one, disrespectful when mentioning the Name of Allah.

Answereing the question of the brother or sister, this Ilamic issue is not based on thought or assumptions. Faqeehs had clarified this issue, and there are different cases for men and women.

For men, It's lawful to remove the hair, with metal objects or not, it's lawful EVEN the beard according to the majority of scholars. Yet Some hanafiy scholars from the hanafiy school reported that it's "Wajib" Requisit on one to grw his beard, becuase it's strongly recommended. Yet one can ease on himself if he wished, and use the sayings of other schools such as Shafi^y, Where it is Sunnah to grow beard with the right intention. It is sunnah, to pull out armpit hair, and pubic hair rather than cutting.

For women, It's recommended for women to remove unwanted hair, such as, if one had hair on her face, it is recomended to remove that with any object. It is haram to pull out the hair of eyebrows. Yet, according to other scholars, it's permitted to do so by shaving (eyebrow sides), not pulling. Prophet Muhammad cursed who make tatoos or pull out the eyebrow hair.

For growing nails, it is lawful. However, if one is using Nail Polish, she must make sure she removes the polish, because it prevents water from reachin the nail. So, it must be taken off to have the Wudu' (Abolution) valid, otherwise it's not valid, thus Salat would not be valid.

Allah knows best.

------------------
          <<>> Learning the Obligatory Knowledge of the Religion puts the Muslim on the road for excellence and self-betterment. Acquire The Islamic Knowledge Before You Discuss Religion!!

Ahmad/Islamic Studies

[This message has been edited by Ahmad G (edited December 04, 2001).]
          Ahmad G
          Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

It is ONLY up to Allah to declare anything Halaal or Haraam.

After a study of his Final Testament, it's clear that he has chosen for us a religion in which there are no difficulties for us.

I cannot find in the verses of the Qur'an I have studied so far any prohibition to the length and grooming of unwanted body hair.

For women, it's a thing of beauty to get rid of unwanted hair.

Similarly, there is no such prohibition about nails, although you yourself should understand that it's difficult to maintain cleanliness with large nails.

Enjoy Life and Praise Allah.
            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

its shameful that people like Andhra try to be over-clever trying to be-little other faiths and hurting others .. one should have adequate knowledge bout other faiths before saying anything..likewise there r many things which semms amusing in other religions including hinduism to outsiders but may be having sense to u.. I have many hindu friends and thank God not one like u ..
              Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

>>its shameful that people like Andhra try to be over-clever trying to be-little other faiths and hurting others .. one should have adequate knowledge bout other faiths before saying anything..<<
                Sorry, I thought we were talking about shaving. I could not see how you could avoid metal. I was not thinking of waxing and stuff. See, I am not a lady!!

>>likewise there r many things which semms amusing in other religions including hinduism to outsiders but may be having sense to u.. I have many hindu friends and thank God not one like u <<

All the best to you and your Hindu friends.
                Hope you will be able to handle your hair without hurting your religious sentiments

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:

It is ONLY up to Allah to declare anything Halaal or Haraam.
                  -----
                  I cannot find in the verses of the Qur'an I have studied so far any prohibition to the length and grooming of unwanted body hair.
                  try reading hadeeth....
                  cuz it is MUST for muslims to consult hadeeth when someone does not find anything on a certain subject in Quran, he must go to Hadeeth....
                  and if not found in Hadeeth as well, u MUST see the fatwa of the people before u and if still no success, the ULEMAH (scholars) shall give a fatwa based on Quran and Hadeeth and their own logical thinking....
                  Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

armughal thanks for the suggestion but NO THANKS

Allah's Book is Complete. I am not one to take it lightly. Allah didn't reveal it to us to just discard it and go after Mullahs.

[Yunus 10:37] This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than GOD. It confirms all previous messages, and provides a fully detailed scripture. It is infallible, for it comes from the Lord of the universe.

What's said in the Book is the FINAL word. NONE can change it. None can abrogate it. There can be no addition.

There can be no judge other than Allah. NO Mufti can give any fatwa unless it's in the Book.

[al-An`am 6:114] Shall I seek for a judge other than ALLAH, when HE it is WHO has sent down to you the Book fully explained? And those to whom WE gave the Book know that it has been sent down from thy Lord with truth; so be thou not of those who doubt.

[al-An`am 6:115] And the word of thy Lord has been fulfilled in truth and justice. None can change HIS words, and HE is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.

How did the Prophet Judge?? Using Qur'an Alone.

[an-Nisa' 4:105] We have sent down to thee the Book in truth, that thou mightest judge between men, as guided by God: so be not (used) as an advocate by those who betray their trust;

On the Day of Judgement, Prophet will be a witness and what will Allah question us about? ONLY the Book. No Sunnah, No Hadith, No Ulema, No Fatwa. Just THE BOOK

[an-Nahl 16:87] And they shall tender submission to Allah on that day; and what they used to forge shall depart from them

(an-Nahl 16:89) And on the day when We will raise up in every people a witness against them from among themselves, and bring you as a witness against these -- and We have revealed the Book to you explaining clearly everything, and a guidance and mercy and good news for those who submit

The Book explains clearly everything and is a guidance and mercy? What part of Allah's verses do we not understand??

Only those who hold fast by their salat and Allah's Book are the righ doers

[al-A`raf 7:170] And (as for) those who hold fast by the Book and keep up prayer, surely We do not waste the reward of the right doers.

Brothers and Sister, Let's keep up the prayer and hold fast to ONLY THE BOOK

Allah Akbar

------------------
                    These are GOD's revelations that we recite to you truthfully. In which Hadith other than GOD and His revelations do they believe?(45:6)

Comment

SALAAM
                      thanx 2 every 1 who helped answer my questions. it's just that i was told it was right then i was told it was wrong to do these things so i thought i shud ask u guys for advice, thanx again especially pakistani aboad!
                      hope the comments keep coming in!

Comment

Brothers and Sister, Let's keep up the prayer and hold fast to ONLY THE BOOK
                        thats ignorance not islam....
                        if u dont consider the Prophet's sayings u r not in Islam....

see some last ten verses of Surah Al-Noor and u will know....

no one is a Muslim if he/she denies the Prophet....
                        Quran is no doubt comlpete, but we have to listen to what th eProphet has said cuz he understood the Quran better than us....

and keep ur silly suggestions to yourself, dont misguide others if u yourself r set astray
                        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Allah's Book is Complete. I am not one to take it lightly. Allah didn't reveal it to us to just discard it and go after Mullahs.
                          Brother, there is a very basic flaw in this statement. The Qur'an is undoubtedly our first source, and, if you know law, is the enactment. In order to follow the law, we are given rules of procedure which must be followed in order to meet the requirements of the law. The sunnah is precisely that.

When one does not understand the law, one has to resort to lawyers who are well-versed in law. The Ulema are the lawyers. Who you go to is a matter of choice. If you do not associate with them and try to understand everything, I sincerely believe you are doing yourself injustice.

Qur'an is not an easy thing to interpret. The difference between the four schools exist mainly due to differences of interpretation. And, there are some dissents within the schools on certain topics because of difference in interpretation.

Ignoring these facts is not correct thinking. It is certainly not freedom of mind; it is deception to oneself to even consider that one understands better than Rasool Allah (by ignoring sunnah), better than the sahaba (by discarding their narrations), better than the ulema (by discarding teh ijma and ijtehad).

My sincere advice to you is to sit down and think. Are you correct on the basis of arguments I have submitted?

What's said in the Book is the FINAL word. NONE can change it. None can abrogate it. There can be no addition.

There can be no judge other than Allah. NO Mufti can give any fatwa unless it's in the Book.
                          Agree with your statements totally. Nobody disputes that. The text was complete when Allah said today I have completed your deen. No abrogation or addition can take place and all fatawas are based on ijtehad which draws on the Qur'an as the first source of Islamic Jurisprudence. Sunnah is then he second source.

On the Day of Judgement, Prophet will be a witness and what will Allah question us about? ONLY the Book. No Sunnah, No Hadith, No Ulema, No Fatwa. Just THE BOOK
                          We will be questioned on the way we lived this life. Not on what you state. The way we live this life is according to instructions contained in the Qur'an and explained in the sunnah. Fatawa and ulema are means of interpretation. They are not original sources of text. I believe you are very confused here.

The Book explains clearly everything and is a guidance and mercy? What part of Allah's verses do we not understand??
                          There are countless ayat that have been interpreted or implemented by the sunnah. There is no way you can perform salat, perform hajj, pay zakat, etc., if you just rely on the Qur'an. These things have been pointed out to you in the past by brothers and sisters, but we keep coming back to square one.

------------------
                          Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

[This message has been edited by FactFinder (edited December 05, 2001).]

Comment

Fact Finder,

As I've on numerous occasions explained, that if we do not find explicit details on practices as outlined in the Qur'an to match our current practices, it doesn't mean the Qur'an is at fault or is incomplete.

[al-Baqarah 2:2] This is a perfect Book; there is no doubt in it; it is a guidance for the righteous,

A perfect Book does not need no explanations, but only those righteous can take guidance from it.

I have to my defence quoted the verses of the qur'an clearly. Allah has told us that he's made the Book easy for us to understand. Doesn't Allah ask us to study and understand his book rather than accept existing authorities on our religion?

[an-Nisa' 4:82] Will they not then ponder on the Qur'an ? If it had been from other than Allah they would have found therein much incongruity.

[Sad 38:29] (This is) a Scripture that We have revealed unto thee, full of blessing, that they may ponder its revelations, and that men of understanding may reflect.

Only men of understanding will find and reflect on Allah's message. The rest will just seek excuses not to look.

Allah encourages curiosity, pondering, reflecting, not blindly following. Many times in the Qur'an you will find:

kazalika nufassil ul ayaty leqaumin yatafaqaroon

Thus we expound the revelations for people who reflect.

Please dust up your Qur'an and start reading, reflecting and understanding YOURSELF. You will be questioned on it. I really don't want to be a one trick pony, but I can't help show you clear warnings.

[al-Baqarah 2:78] And some of them are illiterate, they know not the Book but their own false notions, and they do nothing but conjecture

Allah Akbar

------------------
                            These are GOD's revelations that we recite to you truthfully. In which Hadith other than GOD and His revelations do they believe?(45:6)

Comment

forget the more complicated issues....
                              just tell me which of these WISE MEN of yours cud have given u any clue about the two EIDS if not told to u by the Holy Prophet (pbuh)....
                              its not mentioned in a single place in Quran and we know that we MUST pray the EID prayers....

and if u say that EID is not ISLAMIC cuz its not mentioned in Quran, then not just me, not a muslim, even a non-muslim will DEFINITELY know that u r NOT a muslim....

open ur eyes....
                              and see the truth....
                              do not take half the religion cuz u will never succeed with this half alone....

Comment

Working...
                              X