Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offensive Nick! Please change it!!! (Miss "Khairun Nisa" sahiba)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offensive Nick! Please change it!!! (Miss "Khairun Nisa" sahiba)

I am usually not bothered by such trivialities but unless your name is actually Khairun Nisa you should change your nick cos that title is reserved exclusively for Our Lady Sayyida Fatima az-Zahra salaamullah alayha, the beloved, pure, daughter or Allah's Messenger sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam. She is Khayrun-Nisa and I think it inappropriate for others to have it as a nick.

No offense is meant.

Asif Bhai,

"Ahmad" was the name given to our beloved Holy Prophet (salala ho alayhay wasalam) by Allah!

Do you want me to change it too?
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

"title is reserved exclusively "

I am having trouble understanding this concept. Pls explain. Who reserved it, and how is it exclusive?

The only restriction I know is about the names of Allah, which must be prefixed with Abdul or any other name to show that you are not claiming that adjective (sift) for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:
        [b]
        The only restriction I know is about the names of Allah, which must be prefixed with Abdul or any other name to show that you are not claiming that adjective (sift) for yourself.
        [very true & adding on] ... or a name which is not Allah's sifat being prefixed by 'Abdul'
        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Comment

me confused....

Comment

I'm sorry you feel the need to be offended Asif sahib, although I can indeed assure you that the intent was not to cause any offense.

This name has been used throughout the Indo-Pak region for centuries and I have not heard of the "exclusive" element before.

The fact is I feel greatly honoured to have named myself with one of the titles of Sayyidatun Nisaa'ul Aa'lameen.

BTW, what is the difference between being named, and having a username? And what is the difference between using the name of Fatima, Zahra, and any other title of this Great Lady (peace be upon her)? Afterall it is the Prophet's (pbuh) Sunnah to name a daughter / girl Fatima, Zahra, Batul...(any other title of Sayyida Fatima).

Lastly, I am afraid I will not be able to oblige you in your request to change my Name.

No offence taken.

------------------
              [email protected]~Kul de Khair [email protected]~

Freedom Without Responsibility is Disasterous

[This message has been edited by *Khairun Nisa* (edited November 30, 2001).]

Comment

On second thought, how would we feel if some one comes in with a nick "Rehmat-al-Lil-Aalameen"? Just wondering.

Comment

@ Asif

*walks out shakin' head hysterically laughin*

------------------
                  Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
                  Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Coco....you're laughing at him?
                    You mean he wasn't serious?

Comment

Originally posted by *Khairun Nisa*:
                      Freedom Without Responsibility is Disasterous
                      Errrr.. Kahirun Nisa bibi, in your signature, the spelling of "disastrous" are incorrect. FYI

Comment

"are" incorrect???

ROFL!

Comment

And u had to say that

ok, its "is incorrect". Typo in posts is allowed, right!

Its signatures, where it can be embarrasing. Like, look at confused's signature. Now, that LOL material.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khairun Nisa*:

The fact is I feel greatly honoured to have named myself with one of the titles of Sayyidatun Nisaa'ul Aa'lameen.

a side note, hazrat fatima is indeed a very respected personality, but she is not sayyidatun Nissa'ul Aa'Lameen...the mother of hazrat issa AS hazrat maryam is. because it is said in quran. surah alay imran ayat 42 says "o maryam! surely allah has exalted you, purified you, and prefered you for his service over all the women of the worlds" i dont want to be disrespectful of hazrat fatima RT, but just wanted to point that out...

Comment

Hazrat Fatima (RT) is the leader of all women in paradise, according to the molvi saheb.

Comment

Working...
                              X