If a woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a woman?

Doesn't wana live with her husband and her husband force her to live with him,,I mean really force her,,,if she file for divorce
    in court,,,but wat I wana know is does American court divorce is enough for them to be divorced or does He have to divorce her
    the Islamic way ?

And if he refuse to give her Islamic divorce
    does that mean they are still married and
    he have the rite to claim her as his wife,
    and force himself onto her.

And he refuse to listen to anybody who so ever,, wat should one do in this case,,,

BTW,,its not for me its for some1 else who asked me this Q and i thought i might get some answers or oppinions here,,,,

No funny remarks please ,,,

S_P

If they got married under American law, then the divorce has to come through in the Amerian court.

They can however separate.
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

that doesn't answer my question,,but thx anyway,,,

S_P

Comment

Originally posted by sweety_pie:
        Doesn't wana live with her husband and her husband force her to live with him,,I mean really force her,,,if she file for divorce
        in court,,,but wat I wana know is does American court divorce is enough for them to be divorced or does He have to divorce her
        the Islamic way ?
        Yes, a civil divorce from a court is sufficient.

And if he refuse to give her Islamic divorce does that mean they are still married and he have the rite to claim her as his wife, and force himself onto her.
        Once she has a civil divorce in the States and she is still resident there, the laws of the country protect her and he cannot impose himself on her. In fact, if she wants, she can also claim her rights under the American law, which entitles her to 50% of his property. But, this she should do only if she is the agrieved party as it would be unfair to him if she is not.

And he refuse to listen to anybody who so ever,, wat should one do in this case,,,
        She should contact the local Islamic Center. ISNA or similar organisation would also help.

------------------
        Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Working...
        X