Clear All

The Scorpion

Innal-Hamdalillah was-Salaatu was-Salaamu 'Alaa Rasoolillah

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmathullahi wa Barakaathuhu

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

,,`,,`,,`,,` ,, `,,`,,`,,`,, `,,

The Scorpion

This is a parable about an old man who used to meditate each day by the river near his home.

One morning he saw a scorpion floating on the water.

When the scorpion drifted near the old man he reached to rescue it but was stung by the scorpion.

A bit later he tried again and was stung again, the bite swelling his hand painfully and giving him much pain.

A man passing by saw what was happening and yelled at him,

"Hey, stupid old man, what's wrong with you?
    Only a fool would risk his life for sake of an ugly, evil creature.

Don't you know you could kill yourself trying to save that ungrateful scorpion?"

The old man calmly replied,

"My friend, just because it is in the scorpion's nature to sting, does not change my nature to save."

Surah Al Mumtaninah (That Which Examines)
    60:7-8

It may be that Allah Will grant love (and friendship)Between you and those whom
    Ye (now) hold as enemies. For Allah has power
    (Over all things); And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Allah forbids you not, With regards to those who Fight you not for (your) Faith
    Nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly With them: For Allah loveth Those who are just.

Even with Unbelievers or our enemies, unless they are rampant and out to destroy us and our Faith, we should deal kindly and equitably, as is shown by the Prophet Muhammed Salallaahu 'aliahi wa'sallam's own example. Do good to them, and lend a helping hand to help without expecting to get anything back.

JazaakumAllaah khair brother Ibrahim for sharing this with us, and its benefits we can capture Insha'Allaah.

-------------
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Good Ibrahim

Comment

Jazakallah khair, thanks for sharing

------------------
        "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
        (11:55-56)

Comment

Wonderful, great thanks Ibrahim

------------------
          • na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!
          Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

jazzakallah

Comment

thanks

Comment

And Jesus says:

Jesus demands, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous (Mathew 5:44-45).

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. . . . Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. . . . Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord. But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink (Romans 12:14-20).

When we live this way we magnify the glory of Gods mercy and the all-satisfying Treasure that he is to our souls. We show that because of his supreme value to us, we do not need the feeling of personal vengeance in order to be content.

I think Jesus was a little bit like Mohammad. And as I was raised in the catholic religion.

I believe that god the father = Allah, and Jesus was his son/profit.

[This message has been edited by AvgAmericanGirl (edited November 25, 2001).]

Comment

Dear AvgAmericanGirl,

I think Jesus was a little bit like Mohammad. And as I was raised in the catholic religion.
                  The Jesus you have in mind, is not the Jesus (peace be upon him) we as Muslims know and respect. Niether do we believe that Muhammad (peace be upon him) was anything like the Jesus the Christians portray. But rather, Muhammad (peace be upon him) was in many respects like Jesus whom Allaah sent to the people as a Messenger the messageto: worship God alone and not to ascribe/associate any partners with Him.

I believe that god the father = Allah, and Jesus was his son/profit.
                  This is highly incorrect. Allaah is not a father nor does He have a son. Allaah/God is far beyond the human in every aspect. Jesus was only a prophet and messenger:

"The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food." [Qur'an 5:75]
                  They were in need of sustenance, proving that they were creations of Allaah, not divine beings.

regards
                  -----------
                  "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Jazak Allah!

But I have been pondering over this question for years. Forgiveness is a virtue that we all must try to inculcate, but there comes a time when the other party may consider this a weakness.

Islam teaches us that forgiveness is best. But it also teaches us to respond to aggression in might equal to or less than the aggressor. It also taeches that teh prayers of the oppressed will never go to waste.

Allah o aalam.

------------------
                    Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasnain:
                      Dear AvgAmericanGirl,

This is highly incorrect. Allaah is not a father nor does He have a son. Allaah/God is far beyond the human in every aspect. Jesus was only a prophet and messenger:

"The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food." [Qur'an 5:75]
                      They were in need of sustenance, proving that they were creations of Allaah, not divine beings.

regards
                      -----------

Hasnain,
                      Incorrect in your religion. Correct in mine.

Jesus as son (not physically) of God, but son of God in the sense that we are all children of God. God is our creator and in this sense aren't we all children (sons and daughters) of God?

I also feel that many of Jesus teachings are similar to what Mohammad teaches.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by AvgAmericanGirl and Hasnain:

AvgAmericanGirl: Incorrect in your religion. Correct in mine.

Hasnain: This is highly incorrect.
                        I suggest both of you should refrain from this kind of conversation. If you simply disagree you can just say, this is what my religion preaches rather than biting each others head off like little kids saying "my religion is better than yours". Bare in mind its a religion forum and not an ISLAM FORUM; so any religion preached/discussed goes here. Read the description of the forum if you are unclear.

Discussions on Islamic and other religious matters - especially in Pakistan and generally all over the world.

It would be appreciated if you two stopped this nonsensical argument about whose religion is better and start saying what you believe in and what you have been taught rather than stating whats wrong in another religion.

Thank You in advance

------------------
                        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
                        Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Dear CocoNut

Originally posted by CocoNut:

I suggest both of you should refrain from this kind of conversation. If you simply disagree you can just say, this is what my religion preaches rather than biting each others head off like little kids saying "my religion is better than yours". Bare in mind its a religion forum and not an ISLAM FORUM; so any religion preached/discussed goes here. Read the description of the forum if you are unclear.

Discussions on Islamic and other religious matters - especially in Pakistan and generally all over the world.

It would be appreciated if you two stopped this nonsensical argument about whose religion is better and start saying what you believe in and what you have been taught rather than stating whats wrong in another religion.

Thank You in advance
                          With all due respect CocoNut, i think you have exagerated the situation way beyond its scope.

We're not at each others throats, and neither are we arguing. Everyone, if not most, know that i'm coming from an Islamic angle and AvgAmericanGirl is looking at it from a Christian perspective. At the very least, the two of us acknowledge one anothers background. We do not need to say, that "accoding to Islaam ...", or "according to Christianity ..." as the approach is very clear.

It's merely a discussion, which i'm sure both of us - myself and 'Girl' - can maintain in a respectful manner as mature adults.

What do you think we've been trying to do mate? We've barely kicked off and the final whistle has been blown!

We weren't told there was another moderator in town!

regards,

&peace

Comment

I didn't want this thread getting closed cuz its story is really nice or turning ugly so I just had to step in. I didn't mean to step on any toes but just in case the point had to be made if any other would step in and cause something.

In other words whistle had to be blow not by a moderator but a simple mediator.

------------------
                            Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
                            Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Great story Thx for sharing Br. Ibrahim

Comment

Working...
                              X