Fulfilment of Promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fulfilment of Promise

I am looking for some verses, hadiths and other stories related to fulfilment of promise.

Could you please help me in that regard.

Thanks in advance.

------------------
    A loving heart is the truest wisdom.- Charles Dickens

"Surely Allah commands justice and the doing of good (to others), and giving to the kindred, and He forbids indecency and evil and rebellion. He admonishes you that you may be mindful. And fulfill the covenant of Allah, when you have made a covenant, and break not your oaths after confirming them; and you have indeed made Allah your surety. Surely Allah knows what you do." Holy Qur'an (16:90-91)

Prophet(s) said: "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should keep their promise when they make it."

Prophet Muhammad (s) promised a man that he would remain sitting in a certain place until the man returned. That man went away and the sun rose. Soon it became very hot but the Prophet never changed his place. One his companions said: "O Prophet of Allah! What difference does it make if you come and sit in the shade?" The Prophet replied: "I promised to meet him here and not to change a place till he comes, in order to fulfil my promise to him. If he does not come, then it will be he who is breaking the promise."

I hope this will help.

Comment

Thanks Verstehen,

Actually, I am looking for more.

------------------
      A loving heart is the truest wisdom.- Charles Dickens

Comment

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.403 Narrated byAbdullah bin Amr

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever has (the following) four characteristics will be a pure hypocrite: "If he speaks, he tells a lie; if he gives a promise, he breaks it, if he makes a covenant he proves treacherous; and if he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent evil insulting manner (unjust). And whoever has one of these characteristics, has one characteristic of a hypocrite, unless he gives it up."

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 3.846 Narrated byAbdullah bin Abbas

Abu Sufyan told me that Heraclius said to him, "When I inquired you what he (i.e. Muhammad) ordered you, you replied that he ordered you to establish the prayer, to speak the truth, to be chaste, to keep promises and to pay back trusts." Then Heraclius added, "These are really the qualities of a prophet."

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 4870 Narrated byUbadah ibn as-Samit

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "If you guarantee me six things on your part I shall guarantee you Paradise. Speak the truth when you talk, keep a promise when you make it, when you are trusted with something fulfil your trust, avoid sexual immorality, lower your eyes, and restrain your hands from injustice."

Ahmad and Bayhaqi, in Shu'ab al-Iman transmitted it.

Comment

Working...
        X