Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beliefs of shias

Assalam o Alaikum!

In one of the posts a brother has asked a very relevant question. He wants to know why the shias are against the Taliban, even though the Taliban are introducing Shariah.

Can we have a serious discussion, with everybody keeping his cool and using only parliamentary language.

Wassalam

talibans are nothing but bunch of thugs..they have killed thousands of shias living in afghanistan..raped thousand of shia women..look what they have done to the afghani women..women cant study..which religion says that women cant study or work?? even Prophet married a business woman..talibans are makin their own religion..but khair acha hi hai ..khas kam jahan paak

Comment

Where is the answer to the quetsion raised. You have just come up with a rhetoric of stereotyped attacks on the Taliban. Are they imposing the Shariah of the Prophet (sallallaho alaihe wasallam) or aren't they?

If not, give evidence not wild accusations.

------------------
      Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:
        Assalam o Alaikum!

In one of the posts a brother has asked a very relevant question. He wants to know why the shias are against the Taliban, even though the Taliban are introducing Shariah.

Can we have a serious discussion, with everybody keeping his cool and using only parliamentary language.

Wassalam
        Teleban preaches wahhbaism which Is not recognised by neither sunni or shia ulema. Teleban was created by America with the help from CIA in Pakistan . one of the main objective was to isolate iran and attach shias.

Its funny how Pakistan goes on supporting USA to attack teleban which they have created just like they did similar game with saddam Hussain. Yet Iran refused to corporate with west with its ‘war coalitions’ even went as far as saying they will shot down if any USA military plane flies over Iran to attack Afghanistan.

And as for shariah, where in sharia made women education is banned? Where in sharia allows to flourish drug trade? there were recent interview with hamza yusuf in radio and tv. And he mention for instance cutting the hand of thief, its all depends on situation and afgansitan is a poor country and government doesn’t provide food for all or most of its citizen. At the time of second caliph omar, he banned the punishment of cutting the hand of thief due to the fact that it was faming at that time.

Comment

factfinder i suppose u treat ur women like taleban treats theirs..enough said

iqra nice job

Comment

FF,

First, you have to prove that what the Taliban is implementing is actually the true shariah.

Could the shias be against the Taliban because in their opinion, the Talibanic so called shariah is not the shariah of our holy prophet (pbuh) ?

Comment

Shias are against Taleban cause Taleban kicked Hisb-e-wahdat out of the scene from Afghaistan.

Comment

Originally posted by iqra_786:
                Teleban preaches wahhbaism which Is not recognised by neither sunni or shia ulema.
                What is Wahabiism according to your understanding? And why do you say that it is not recognised by the ulema?
                Teleban was created by America with the help from CIA in Pakistan . one of the main objective was to isolate iran and attach shias.

Its funny how Pakistan goes on supporting USA to attack teleban which they have created just like they did similar game with saddam Hussain. Yet Iran refused to corporate with west with its ‘war coalitions’ even went as far as saying they will shot down if any USA military plane flies over Iran to attack Afghanistan.
                This is political and out of context here.

And as for shariah, where in sharia made women education is banned? Where in sharia allows to flourish drug trade? there were recent interview with hamza yusuf in radio and tv. And he mention for instance cutting the hand of thief, its all depends on situation and afgansitan is a poor country and government doesn’t provide food for all or most of its citizen. At the time of second caliph omar, he banned the punishment of cutting the hand of thief due to the fact that it was faming at that time.
                The question assumes that shariah is being implemented. We are not discussing whether Taliban are correct or not.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Sheraz CT:
                  factfinder i suppose u treat ur women like taleban treats theirs..enough said

iqra nice job
                  I try to treat them as the Shariah reqquires. The Taliban also treats them the same, apparently. Is there anything wrong with the Shariah?

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by a1shah:
                    FF,

First, you have to prove that what the Taliban is implementing is actually the true shariah.

Could the shias be against the Taliban because in their opinion, the Talibanic so called shariah is not the shariah of our holy prophet (pbuh) ?
                    The question assumes that Taliban is implementing Shariah. Taliban's correctness is not the issue here.

------------------

Comment

I dont some of the extreme measures taken by Talibans during their rule.. that were not Islamic but the so called Northern Alliance human rights record is sadly more worse..they killed more than 50,000 people in their rule before Talibans..and are still kiiling people just because they have another faith .. worse part is they even cross immunity sanctioned by UN Charter and Islam too; to ambassoders.. remember what they did to Pakistan's embassy.. its so shameful how they are butchering innocent people and Talibans alike these days..
                      Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

salam
                        originally posted by fact finder[ b]What is Wahabiism according to your understanding? And why do you say that it is not recognised by the ulema?[/b]
                        My understandign comes form sunni sources. Wahhabism has certain belief, which are contrary to the belief of islam (both shais and sunni). They gave Allah a physical form, limits Him in space and they have a bad history of massacring Muslims in the name of ‘bida’ ‘shirk; etc in the holy palces (mecca and medina) and they have conquered saudi arabia and spreading their bida to the rest of the world. Ibn Abdul wahhabs has been rejected by sunni ulema. Wahhabis get their ideas form ibn taymiya who was put in death by sunnis ulema.

” It is stripped-down Islam, calling for simple, short prayers, undecorated mosques, and the uprooting of gravestones (since decorated mosques and graveyards lend themselves to veneration, which is idolatry in the Wahhabi mind). Wahhabis do not even permit the name of the Prophet Mohammed to be inscribed in mosques, nor do they allow his birthday to be celebrated. Above all, they hate ostentatious spirituality, much as Protestants detest the veneration of miracles and saints in the Roman Church.

Ibn Abdul Wahhab (1703-92), the founder of this totalitarian Islamism, was born in Uyaynah, in the part of Arabia known as Nejd, where Riyadh is today, and which the Prophet himself notably warned would be a source of corruption and confusion. (Anti-Wahhabi Muslims refer to Wahhabism as fitna an Najdiyyah or 'the trouble out of Nejd'.) From the beginning of Wahhab's dispensation, in the late 18th century, his cult was associated with the mass murder of all who opposed it. For example, the Wahhabis fell upon the city of Qarbala in 1801 and killed 2,000 ordinary citizens in the streets and markets.

(http://www.sunnah.org/publication/fajr/fajr.htm)
                        (http://www.chretiens-et-juifs.org/Te...connection.htm)

originally possted by fact finderThis is political and out of context here.
                        this is very in the context and we need to know the history before we judge any groups. Before we justly any action by certain so called Islamic groups/sects we need to know how and why they been set up and why. It’s a today’s knows fact that qadyanni was created by British but if we don’t investigate the history then we might end up believing qadyani is an Islamic sect.

originally possted by fact finderThe question assumes that shariah is being implemented. We are not discussing whether Taliban are correct or not.
                        we are talking about reality and not abt indian movie, we donot need to use our imagination rather truth is clear. So are you suggestion then I can go on killing people for no reason and say I am trying to implement ‘sharia’, will u justify my action by saying u r assuming I am implementing shariah?
                        The worst thing any groups can do is that use Islam and give a bad name to it, and that is the one of the way west trying to attack Islam by creating so called ‘Islamic’ groups and funding them.

It may be out of context but I wanna mention it, when teleban blew up buddah status, the CIA in usa said this expression ‘ we have created a monster’.

Btw I want to mention this that I donot support so called military action by usa/uk towards afgasnitan and killing innocent people. I dont want to see American in Afghanistan. At the end of the day I rather see teleban there then Americans. And this is the view hold by iran as well.

[This message has been edited by iqra_786 (edited November 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by iqra_786 (edited November 23, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:

I try to treat them as the Shariah reqquires. The Taliban also treats them the same, apparently. Is there anything wrong with the Shariah?

where in shariah says u you have to bann women from education? where in shairah said u need ot chopp finger off for having nailpolsih? where in shairah require women to cover their face?

well all this can only be found on wahhabi sharia. if that what u follow. lakum di nukum laya deen.

Comment

Originally posted by iqra_786:
                            My understandign comes form sunni sources. Wahhabism has certain belief, which are contrary to the belief of islam (both shais and sunni). They gave Allah a physical form, limits Him in space and they have a bad history of massacring Muslims in the name of ‘bida’ ‘shirk; etc in the holy palces (mecca and medina) and they have conquered saudi arabia and spreading their bida to the rest of the world. Ibn Abdul wahhabs has been rejected by sunni ulema. Wahhabis get their ideas form ibn taymiya who was put in death by sunnis ulema.

” It is stripped-down Islam, calling for simple, short prayers, undecorated mosques, and the uprooting of gravestones (since decorated mosques and graveyards lend themselves to veneration, which is idolatry in the Wahhabi mind). Wahhabis do not even permit the name of the Prophet Mohammed to be inscribed in mosques, nor do they allow his birthday to be celebrated. Above all, they hate ostentatious spirituality, much as Protestants detest the veneration of miracles and saints in the Roman Church.
                            The worst thing that a person can do is to believe in heresy. A lot of stuff that you hav written is nonsense. It just goes to show ignorance on the part of whoever wrote it.

The ulema who oppose the Shaikh ibn Taymiah and Shaikh Abdul Wahab teachings are those who believe in halwa manda.

Both these Shaikhs totally prohibited symbolic forms of remembrance. Which is excelent, as it removes any possibilities of shirk and bida.

They also removed the concept of Imams and different schools of thought. Before the time of Shaikh Abdul Wahab there were four different camps around the Ka'aba and, apparently, there were four adhans and jam'at for each prayer as the timings were different. This he dispensed with, for which Allah will give him ajr.

There is one sunni (so-called) aalim who used to come to Makkah and would not pray at the time of salat as he did not believe that the Islam that was being practiced in Makkah was correct. Astaghfir Allah. Is he the kind of man we should listen to? When Adhan and iqamah are announced, it becomes obligatory on all Muslims present to join. (Uqeemas Salat, Urkaoo ma ar Rakayeen, etc. are very clear indications)

Comment

just having a general read of this discussion as I am at work...

Unfortunately i do not yet know how to use the quote feature!!! but i quote FACT FINDER

.....the worst thing a person can do is beleive in heresy....

to good degree i agree with you but in your earlier post u also say

....The question assumes that shariah is being implemented. We are not discussing whether Taliban are correct or not....

????LOL!!!! what do u mean "ASSUMING" that TALIBAN are implementing shariah correctly!!! now that my friend is heresy!!!

Your whole question is based on "assuming that the taliban are correct". If you assume that the Taliban are correct then any one that condones them will be in the wrong.....HOWEVER if you assume that satan is correct then batil is haq...and haq is batil according to your thoery of assumption!

The point is if you want to know why Shia's dislike the Taliban...if you want to know why IRAN will not help the Taliban...its simple....religeon teached us to differntiate between Haq and Batil...in this case both are batil!!..we are neither with america nor with the terrorists!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X