• Show
Clear All

Will Smith ,Actor Embraces Islam -Subhan Allah

Assalam alaikum,

>- Muslim Leaders Salute Will Smith -<

Muslim leaders across America are saluting 'Will Smith' [The Fresh
    Prince] for embracing their religion after completing the Muhammad
    Ali biopic. Smith was introduced to the religion while learning about
    the legendary boxer's life - Islam is Ali's religion of choice.
    Friends close to Smith claim the megastar is now embracing the
    religion in his own life and is eager to learn more about it.

About conversion: http://us.imdb.com/WN?20011109#9

About his tv/music/movie career: http://us.imdb.com/Name?Smith,+Will

May Allah have mercy and continue to guide us all, ameen.

------------------
    Mausam Ke Tarah Tum Bhi Tou Badal To Najao Ge

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:12:01 +1100
    Reply-To: [email protected]

Subject: FW: [MuslimMediaWatch] The Verdict: Will Smith A Muslim? NO - It appears to be another hoax

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh

Another hoax to make us look stupid. Will we ever learn to verify thing?

Even if Mr Will Smith became a Muslim - So what. It would have been for his own self not for us.

What difference should it make to us. The important thing is what YOU are doing or not DOING as a Muslim and how close it is to the REAL teachings of ISLAM.

The important thing is ARE WE ON THE PATH TO JANNAH and NOT if someone else is on the path to Jannah.

Many have become Muslim locally in Australia only to find that they get VERY LITTLE REAL SUPPORT AND BROTHERHOOD / SISTERHOOD from the local Muslims, beyond the initial cheers or support. What does that say about us as
    compared with the teachings of Islam?

I think we need to start the examination of our own claims to be following Islam. It is one thing to talk about Islam and teach it by words, but the success is only if we LIVE IT.

Let us not be cheer squads or spectators, but real players with compassion and caring for the rights and ills of others be they Muslim or non-Muslim. Care, compassion and understanding that leads us to take appropiate action, not just word, to deal with the issues as we should. This what Islam
    teaches. This is what we need to do. Get on with it.

I advise myself first and I do not mean to put anyone down here but only to point out and help to treat a perceived character illness in our Muslim Ummah that need to be treated. I know we have many. Let us stop from to often playing the victim by accusing others of mistreating us and not looking at our own ills with a view to better our own selves.

Do not Allah say:

"For him are angels ranged before him and behind him who guard him by Allah's command. Lo! Allah changeth not the condition of a folk until they (first) change that which is in their hearts; and if Allah willeth misfortune for a folk there is none that can repel it, nor have they a defender beside Him.

(Quran Translation of the meaning by Pickthal Surah 13: Verses 11)

Comments and constructive critisim and analysis of the issues are welcome
    and encouraged. Thank you and forgive me if anyone is hurt. I am sorry.

Wa Alaikum Assalamu Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh

Comment

Working...
    X