Please explain the following Verse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please explain the following Verse!

Those who believe, then disbelieve, then again believe, then disbelieve and then increase in disbelief, ALLAH will never forgive them nor will HE guide them to the right way. [4:137]

Jazakallah!

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
    Those who believe, then disbelieve, then again believe, then disbelieve and then increase in disbelief, ALLAH will never forgive them nor will HE guide them to the right way. [4:137]
    This ayat refers to the hypocrites.

These people say they believe, but when they meet disbelievers, they say that they were just pretending to be believers and take part in kufr.

Allah has warned them in this ayat that they will die as disbelievers if they continue acting this way.

Comment

This ayat could be talking about the hypocrite cos the next one sure does mention them. Though, from what I understand, the hypocrite is someone who never believes, even for a second. They have nothing to do with faith; they are just looking for their personal interest.

Seems like the people talked about in this ayat are those who actually do believe but then go astray for some reason. And then come back but then disbelieve again ...

I was hoping people could share from their tafseers what is made out of this aya'at by different ullemas.
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Assalam o Alaikum!

Brother, I read Tafsir ibn Kathir when I gave my response. The muanfiqoon (hypocrites) of the time were doing exactly this. They were changing sides all the time. I have read somewhere tha Rasool Allah (sallallaho alaihewasallam) was given the information about them by Allah (subhanaho wa Taala).

------------------
        Rabbeshrah lee sadree; wa yassirlee amree; yafqahoo qaulee.

Comment

Working...
        X