Virtues of Patience & Perseverance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtues of Patience & Perseverance

Narrated Abu Sa'eed Khudri (radhiya 'llaahu 'anhu) that some people from among the Ansar requested from among the Noble Prophet (salla'llaahu'alayhi wa sallam) to give them something, which he gave them. They asked again and he gave them.

They asked again and he gave them till he was finished with all that he had. Then he said to them: "As long I have anything with me, I do not hesitate to give you. Remember: One who wants chastity, Allah makes him chaste; one who wants contentment, Allah makes his contented; and the person who aspires for steadfastness, Allah bestows steadfastness on him. No one has been granted a better bounty than patience and submission." [Bukhari and Muslim]

Narrated Suhaib bin Sinan (radhiya 'llaahu 'anhu) that the Noble Prophet (salla'llaahu'alayhi wa sallam) said: "The case of a believer is wonderful; there is good for him in everything, and this privilege is exclusively something pleasant, he is grateful to Allah and that is good for him; and if he comes across some adversity, he is patient and submissive and that too is good for him." [Muslim]

Narrated Anas bin Malik (radhiya 'llaahu 'anhu) that he heard the Noble Prophet (salla'llaahu'alayhi wa sallam) saying that Allah, the exalted, says: "When I afflict a servant of Mine in respect of two of his most beneficial and precious organs (meaning his eyes) and he displays patience in the face of the affliction, I grant his Paradise in lieu of them. [Bukhari]

Narrated Abdullah bin Mas'ud (radhiya 'llaahu 'anhu) that he recollects as if he was looking at the Noble Prophet (salla'llaahu'alayhi wa sallam) when he narrated an incident from the life of a Prophet who was beaten and injured so severely by his people that he was bleeding profusely and had to wipe away the blood gushing from his face, while supplicating thus: 'Allah', forgive my people for they know not.' [Bukhari and Muslim]

Narrated abu Sa'eed (radhiya 'llaahu 'anhu) that the Noble Prophet (salla'llaahu'alayhi wa sallam) said: "For any trouble, illness, worry, grief, hurt or sorrow which afflicts a Muslim, even the pricking of a thorn, Allah removes in its stead some of his (minor) sins." [Bukhari and Muslim]

Narrated Abu Hurairah (radhiya 'llaahu 'anhu) that the Noble Prophet (salla'llaahu'alayhi wa sallam) said: "The strong one is not he who knocks out his adversary; the strong one is he who keeps control over his temper." [Bukhari and Muslim]

from www.alsalafyoon.com

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

Salaams and Ramadan Mubarak to all those who submit to Allah

153 O ye who believe! seek help with patient perseverance and prayer: for Allah is with those who patiently persevere.

154 And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay they are living though ye perceive (it) not.

155 Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil) but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.

156 Who say when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah we belong and to Him is our return."

157 They are those on whom (descend) blessings from Allah and Mercy and they are the ones that receive guidance.

Comment

Working...
    X