• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four parts of Ramadan

One is Mercy/Forgiveness
    What are the other 3?
    Anyone have a clue?
    Apparently according to a friend of mine s/he said that there are 4 parts to Ramadan and is stated in an Surah as well.

Do you know?
    What about you Saadia? You seem to answer all my questions

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

I have heard of three parts, not four.

The first ten days, rahmat (blessing).

The second ten days, mughfirat (forgiveness).

The third ten days, nijat (deliverance).

Comment

Yes yes!! Thats what is is! What Factfinder stated is what I've heard! Can someone find anything related to these statements?

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

AoA, i do remem. going thru Sahih Bukhari online couple of days ago, rather kinda skimmed thru it, but didn't come across this one or I could've just overlooked it. Then again, i did go thru my summarized Sahih Muslim and didn't come across this hadith. So i'm guessing.. if its really a hadith, then should either be in trimidhi or nisa'ee or COULD BE in bukhari/muslim... can someone plz look it up ????

Other than that, read some articles on Ramadan and stuff to do with it, but i didn't come across anything diving up ramadan in 3 parts....but i've heard it from parents, other relatives.

------------------
        "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
        (11:55-56)

Comment

Soo no one knows eh?

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Maybe the page would help. http://www.whyislam.org/aa/old/index.asp?article_id=7

Allah Alim.

------------------
            All is the Beloved and the lover is a veil
            The Beloved is alive and the lover is dead (RUMI)

Comment

As enticing as this article you have provided sounds there is no backbone/proof to it and the reason I wanted to find out is because if it is really mentioned 3 parts of Ramadan. Its believable yet I'm looking for the Ayats/hadiths that specify a breakdown

I'll post the article here for other readers as well, Jazak'Allah Khair

So Many Blessings, So Little Time!
              By Mohammad Ikramuddin

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, addressed his companions on the last day of Sha`ban, saying, "Oh people! A great month has come over you; a blessed month; a month in which is a night better than a thousand months; a month in which Allah has made it compulsory upon you to fast by day, and voluntary to pray by night. Whoever draws nearer (to Allah) by performing any of the (optional) good deeds in (this month) shall receive the same reward as performing an obligatory deed at any other time, and whoever discharges an obligatory deed in (this month) shall receive the reward of performing seventy obligations at any other time. It is the month of patience, and the reward of patience is Heaven. It is the month of charity, and a month in which a believer's sustenance is increased. Whoever gives food to a fasting person to break his fast, shall have his sins forgiven, and he will be saved from the Fire of Hell, and he shall have the same reward as the fasting person, without his reward being diminished at all."

The Prophet, peace be upon him, further emphasized the blessings of Ramadan, "This is a month in which you have been invited by Allah (to fast and pray). Allah has honored you in it. In every breath you take is a reward of Allah, your sleep is worship, your good deeds are accepted and your invocations are answered. Therefore you must invoke your Lord in all earnestness with hearts free from sin and evil, and pray that Allah helps you to keep fast and to recite the Holy Quran."

Month of Mercy and Charity

As the above narrations indicate, the first ten days of Ramadan are known as the period of Mercy. It is indeed the sign of His Mercy upon us that we are blessed to observe Fast during Ramadan. Accordingly, we are encouraged to be more generous and kind to fellow beings, especially the orphans. Being that it will be our first days of experiencing hunger and thirst, this act of generosity should come naturally as it becomes easy to understand the hardship of the poor and needy. Among the few things to do in this month of mercy and charity, as instructed by the Prophet, peace be upon him, are, "Give alms to the poor and needy. Pay respect to elders, have sympathy to youngsters, to be kind to your relatives and kinsmen." It is our imperative duty to inculcate the practice of guarding our tongue against unworthy words, eyes from seeing forbidden things, and ears from voices that are evil.

Month of Forgiveness

The middle ashra of Ramadan is the time for washing off our sins. Ramadan is the month to seek Forgiveness and repentance. Having witnessed the Mercy of Allah (SWT) by thanking Him for all that He has granted us, by being good to everyone and keeping ourselves at peace, we realize our relationship with our Rabb, and our role and duties towards Him. This is the time when Allah’s (SWT) Mercy is at its peak, and it is best to utilize this opportunity by imploring Allah to forgive our sins. The Prophet is reported to have said: "Do repent in this month to Allah for your sins, and supplicate with raised hands at the time of prayer as these are the best times, during which Allah Al-Mighty looks at his servants with mercy. Allah answers if they supplicate, responds if they call, grants if He is asked and accepts if they entreat. O’ People!, you have made your conscience the slave of your desires. Make it free by invoking Allah for forgiveness. Your back may break from the heavy load of your sins, so prostrate yourself before Allah, for long intervals, and make this load lighter."

We are required to reflect on these elements in these days of Repentance even more than any other days and this is the time we make amends for our mistakes, never intending to do them again. Forgive your brothers in Islam, and accept them as friends, and show no ill-treatment or disrespect to others. The Prophet continued and said: "O’ People!, anyone who during this month cultivates good manners, will walk over the Sirat (bridge to Paradise) on the day when feet will tend to slip. For anyone who during this month eases the workload of his servants, Allah will make easy his accounting, and for anyone who does not hurt others during this month, Allah will safeguard him from His wrath on the Day of Judgment."

It is also worth while to remember that on 17th day of this blessed month, the battle of Badr took place and All Praises to Allah (SWT) who bestowed upon His servants the first ever victory which in many aspects, put Islam as the religion above all religions.

The Night of Power

The last ten days of Ramadan needs no mention, for we all know the hadith of the Prophet, peace be upon him, and Quranic verses regarding Lailatul Qadr, the Night of Power. We must strive in these final days of fasting to ask Allah (SWT) to pardon us and to save us from the Hell-fire. Lailatul Qadr is to be searched for in the odd nights of the last ten days. The supplication to ask on this Night of Power was given to Aisha, may Allah (SWT) be pleased with her, "Allahuma innaka 'afuwwun karimun tuhibbul 'afya fafu anni; O Allah (SWT)! You are the Most Forgiving and Most Gracious! You love to forgive, so forgive my errors and sins" (Ibn Majah). One is strongly encouraged to perform I'tikaaf during the last ten days of Ramadan which is sunnat mu’akkadah kifayah.

Prophet further emphasized , "Oh People! the gate of paradise remains open during this month. Pray to your Lord that they may not be closed for you. While the gates of Hell are closed, pray to your Lord that they never open for you. Shaitan has been chained, invoke your Lord not to let him dominate you."

In the end, let us stress that fasting in the month of Ramadan is not to show that we can stay hungry and thirsty but rather it is a struggle to advance in our Deen. It is the month to make our bond stronger with our Rabb, to attain Taqwa, the ability to distinguish between right or wrong. May Allah help us all in retrieving the most out of this blessed month of Ramadan.

Indeed, so many blessings, so little time!

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Working...
              X