Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

muslims of today good representatives of islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muslims of today good representatives of islam?

It would be interesting to read the views of what individuals think wheather the muslims of today are portraying the real islam ..ie the islam practiced by the holy prophet(pboh)..or are we just following an islam taught by illiterates...the west needs any excuse to highlight our weaknesses but by our actions whose side are we really on?

Today's Islam comes in a variety of flavours, with many similarities to each other in the core but with many variations on the outside.

This only proves that there can never be one thought, or one religion or one belief that can take over the entire world at the same time.

Today's muslims come in different forms. some aremoderates, some are doves, and some others are ruthlessly fanatic. Not all of them represent the Islam of prophet mohammed or I fear if any of them represent the Islam of prophet mohammed.

The main Islamic belief that Islam cannot not change is its weakness. Islam, as do any human thought HAS to change and WILL change, as man is continuously creative. Any belief that it is god made and hence will NOT change is merely delusional.

Comment

Good remains good and Evil remains evil, no matter how time changes.

Modernistic societies keep expanding the 'circle of good' to slowly engulf everything 'mildly evil' from 'the circle of tolerance'. 'Very Evil' then moves into the 'circle of tolerance'.

Islam as a religion outlines instructions clearly and defines the circle of good and evil permanently. To me they seem to be good enough, for the 7th century and for the 21st alike.

People who interpret Allah's instructions by restricting themself to 9th century historical accounts from one region in the world will always have problems explaining or implementing it globally in the 21st century.
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
        ...This only proves that there can never be one thought, or one religion or one belief that can take over the entire world at the same time.

One reason for 'the west' to releif.

Today's muslims come in different forms. some aremoderates, some are doves, and some others are ruthlessly fanatic. Not all of them represent the Islam of prophet mohammed or I fear if any of them represent the Islam of prophet mohammed.

Yes, only few of them, and I beleive that no "group" or "nation" or "sect" in present shape can be regarded as 'true-follower'.

The main Islamic belief that Islam cannot not change is its weakness.

I think by 'weakness' you are referring to its "hijackable" being as OBL did recently, Saddam Hussain did in past... and many many more other leaders/rulers.

Islam, as do any human thought HAS to change and WILL change, as man is continuously creative. Any belief that it is god made and hence will NOT change is merely delusional.

'delusional' for you, not for the 'beleivers'. People keep referring to "Christianity" and say that it has evolved..... NO, it has not evolved but its followers have hijacked the religion just like the west wants to be done with Islam. Followers of most religions have changed a lot in their religion thus loosing the ORIGINAL shape of their religion.... it does not mean that the religion has evolved but that followers have 'evolved' and jumped out of the religion (away from its truth/teachings). Not to disappoint you, Muslims are almost doing the same, giving up one by one. But not all will give up their beleif.
        PakistaniAbroad, well said

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited November 20, 2001).]

Comment

thanx for ur thoughts kumarakn..but u have got it wrong..cos islam is the only religion that in no matter what form has the same core ( unlike any other religion)..no matter how deviated one may be from islam ..every muslim believes in the 5 pillars ( its another thing that it is not followed)...as for it having to change to progress is 'nt the right way to put it ..rather one needs to opens ones thoughts to understand islam again which is'nt being done ..what i'm trying to say is that what had to be written is written & that can't be changed..God does'nt write something down & then expect man to chnge things for him...the weakness is'nt in the script but in the interpretation & understanding..we need schlors who are definetly out there to come to the fore..rather than following individuals who have just attended madrasas & have'nt even attempted to understand the quran & hadith..& then to the detriment of islam preach their own understandings( which may suit them politically).so my dear if islam has'nt even been attempted to be understood by the majority, i think its unfair to ask it to change

Comment

1.Confusion among muslims about Islam (caused by "Scholars"(out of which most argue to only prove their point of view).

2.Confusion/ misunderstanding about Islam due to muslims..>We should tell people 'Dont judge a Religion by its People/Followers'.
            Islam can not be judged by muslims, as Christianity can not be judged by Christians.

Allah Alim.

------------------
            All is the Beloved and the lover is a veil
            The Beloved is alive and the lover is dead (RUMI)

Comment

Working...
            X