Salat Procedure in English and Roman-Arabic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salat Procedure in English and Roman-Arabic

Is there available somewhere written in English, the procedure for offering salat?

And is it available in "Roman-Arabic" so that the person can learn to recite from it?

Islamic way of Worship by M.I.H. Pirzada, Al-Karam Publications.

There are also numerous sites on the web, hopefully someone will know. Some time ago I pulled a Namaz program off the web that showed how to read namaz step by step along with the recitation. I have lost these links....new laptop.

I really hope someone can give you the info you need

Comment

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited November 21, 2001).]
      "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Thank you for your assistance! That is a great resource.

I will forward the information to him.

Comment

may Allah bless u aisha....
          i myself was looking for such a thing to help some of my newly converted muslim friend....
          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Assalam o Alaikum!
            www.islam.com has an excelent salat link on its home page. It shows actions also.

Wassalam

Comment

Has anyone had a chance to go to

While visiting this site, I was informed that the Adhzan performed by most is corrupted.

"The original Azaan used to conform with the Quran's teachings, but became corrupted with time. Originally, the call to prayer consisted of:
              (1) Allahu Akbar (God is Great), 4 times.
              (2) Laa elaaha Ellaa Allah (There is no god beside God), once.

Many years later, some people added Muhammad's name to the Azaan. This violates God's commandments in 2:136, 2:285, 3:84, 4:150 and 72:18. Later, other groups of Muslims added the names of Ali and family. Today the Azaan is severely corrupted throughout the Muslim world, and constitutes idol worship, not Submission to God ALONE. "
              Is there an original Adhzan and a modified one? I also read at this site that the Adhzan is not part of Salah and not required. If something is not required and has been changed, how can we say it is corrupted and constitutes idol worship.

The last sentence (bold) doesn't make sense. How does it make it idol worshiping if the Shahadah is added to the "Original" Adhzan?

Comment

after seeing te site and noticing some thing wrong with it, i decided to check it out further....
                and from what i found out, it has been put up and maintained by followers of some guy called Dr. Rashad Khalifa or something....
                this guy claims to be the messenger of God, infact he claims he is the real MUHAMMAD mentione in the Quran also declares some verses of the Holy Quran as FALSE....

so it is better to avoid this site, i take my words for this site back....
                this site is misleading and shud be told to all muslims, to stay away from it....

i am talking about the site FACTFINDER has also tmentioned thst saudi arabia does not allow access to this site....

Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

sorry! I should have looked at the site more carefully...
                  "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

We must be wary of such sites. Anyone wanting to learn about salat should go to the home page of www.Islam.com.

Comment

FACTFINDER has also tmentioned thst saudi arabia does not allow access to this site
                      That government will block anything challenging their despotic regime.

Forget them. Use your own eyes ears and judgement.. since when did the indolent, corrupt and lewd Princes of Saudi Government become the protectors of Islam?

One site will never have ALL the information needed. However it may have bits and pieces that may be of help.

Do your research like mature people.. don't expect 'Quaidas' of Islam. Do not be insecure in your faith. The truth is out there .. but only comes to you by entertaining and understanding all ideas, however threatening to age-old dogmas.
                      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:
                        That government will block anything challenging their despotic regime. ......since when did the indolent, corrupt and lewd Princes of Saudi Government become the protectors of Islam?
                        Which paper do you read and which channel do you watch? Pathetic is the word that describes it. We are talking about attack on Islam and you are distracting with the monotonous and stereotyped phrases taht teh American/Zionist media uses to describe Saudi Arabia which is by far the most practicing Islamic country in the world. Grow up.

One site will never have ALL the information needed. However it may have bits and pieces that may be of help.
                        A site that is designed to mislead is what we are talking about. You are either not understanding the purpose or are arguing for the sake of argument. Both indicate a childish temperament.

The truth is out there .. but only comes to you by entertaining and understanding all ideas, however threatening to age-old dogmas.
                        Which old-age dogmas are you talking about? Can we be enlightened, please?

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:
                          ....Saudi Arabia which is by far the most practicing Islamic country in the world......
                          Saudi Arabia.... an Islamic country... hmmmmmm

I hope you are talking about Saudi common people and not the government. even then the statment "the most practicing" is debatable

------------------
                          We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited November 21, 2001).]

Comment

Dear participants,

You will notice that i have edited some of your threads. This was in response to investigating a web-site which was being referred to in this thread, after two of our members brought it to my attention.

Without doubt it is a most evil site and derogatory to Islaam. I would like to thank the members who informed me of the site, JazaahumAllaah khairun.

I would also kindly request, that in future before a link to any site is posted, that it's contents be checked Insha'Allaah. Also, and very importantly, if there is any ambiguities or complaints regarding a site which is being advised upon, please bring it to either my attention or the attention of my colleague so that appropriate action can be taken following an investigation.

Thank you for your co-operation.

regards,

Sentinel.

Comment

Which paper do you read and which channel do you watch?
                              I've LIVED in one of those lands. I'm aware that you don't have access to ANYTHING that is 'unIslamic' or 'unapproved' by the Saudi Royal Family. That's how they censor information.

With time you will realize that the world is a nastier place than you think and anyone speaking Arabic is not necessarily in 'tilaavat'.

Pathetic is the word that describes it.
                              Pathetic is a state when one refuses to admit there could be something wrong with their beliefs or there could be life outside their little bubble.

We are talking about attack on Islam and you are distracting with the monotonous and stereotyped phrases taht teh American/Zionist media uses to describe Saudi Arabia which is by far the most practicing Islamic country in the world. Grow up.
                              I give up.. it's the same victim mentality that plagues our country. everything is the zionist fault. all problems are due to America. WAKE UP.. those you consider 'The most Islamic' have closets full of skeletons. One day when a revolution finally gets to them.. you'd know how they played with your sentiments for petty political gains power and religious hegemony.

A site that is designed to mislead is what we are talking about. You are either not understanding the purpose or are arguing for the sake of argument. Both indicate a childish temperament.
                              Let's see who has the childish approach to this. Does the site teach polytheism? Does it say there is another prophet after the last prophet has arrived? If not then why's everyone getting their undies in a bunch over some fresh ideas?

I have the maturity and security in my beliefs to read and tackle challenging material. The most insecure with their religion censure and banish every point of view different from theirs. So who's exhibiting a more childish temperament?

Which old-age dogmas are you talking about? Can we be enlightened, please?
                              oh sure..
                              • considering beating of women as a religious sanction
                              • considering women as second rate and inferior in memory to men hence two of them are required as a witness.
                              • considering one has been granted a religious license to go willy nilly and marry upto four women at one time.
                              • considering anything and everything Bukahri wrote is carved in stone and he couldn't have made errors or the people who reported events couldn't have made errors or outright fabricated events to please the rulers at that time, which is evident in the numerous contradictions in their own accounts and the general picture they paint of the religion and personalities which is in stark contrast with what the Qur'an states or what independent historical sources tell us.

I could go on... but that site DOES address some fundamental problems with Muslims today.. blocking or censoring it is tantamount to a pigeon that closes it's eyes when a cat approaches or a kid with problems who shuts himself out from the world by clasping his hands to his ears.

I find censorship immature, a sign of extreme insecurity, a reluctance to entertain new ideas resulting in a free thought process, and admittance of a failure to conduct a knowledgable discussion and debate to debunk the opposing point of view.

[This message has been edited by PakistaniAbroad (edited November 21, 2001).]
                              JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Working...
                              X