Levels of Shahadat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levels of Shahadat?

To attain the level of Shahadat you must die in the name of a just cause for your religion.

I've heard that there are other levels of shahadat. Know of any?

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Anyone?

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

AoA, shahadat as in dying in Allah's (SWT) cause or Shahadat the one testifying ur faith in Allah (SWT) and Islam ???

Comment

Both.

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

AoA, came across two ahadith. Hope these will help...

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 48:
          Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever believes in Allah and His Apostle, offer prayer perfectly and fasts the month of Ramadan, will rightfully be granted Paradise by Allah, no matter whether he fights in Allah's Cause or remains in the land where he is born." The people said, "O Allah's Apostle ! Shall we acquaint the people with the is good news?" He said, "Paradise has one-hundred grades which Allah has reserved for the Mujahidin who fight in His Cause, and the distance between each of two grades is like the distance between the Heaven and the Earth. So, when you ask Allah (for something), ask for Al-firdaus which is the best and highest part of Paradise." (i.e. The sub-narrator added, "I think the Prophet also said, 'Above it (i.e. Al-Firdaus) is the Throne of Beneficent (i.e. Allah), and from it originate the rivers of Paradise.")

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 54:
          Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is! Were it not for some men amongst the believers who dislike to be left behind me and whom I cannot provide with means of conveyance, I would certainly never remain behind any Sariya' (army-unit) setting out in Allah's Cause. By Him in Whose Hands my life is! I would love to be martyred in Al1ah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred.

------------------
          "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
          (11:55-56)

Comment

....will rightfully be granted Paradise by Allah no matter whether he fights in Allah's Cause or remains in the land where he is born."
            Let's examine who is allowed to stay back home and how Allah views both parties. AND the third party that doesn't fight in Allah's cause no matter what.

[al-Fath 48:17] No blame is there on the blind, nor is there blame on the lame, nor on one ill (if he joins not the war): But he that obeys God and his Apostle,- (God) will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow; and he who turns back, (God) will punish him with a grievous Penalty.

[an-Nisa 4:95] Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath God promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,

[an-Nisa' 4:96] Ranks specially bestowed by Him, and Forgiveness and Mercy. For God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Now for the people who would want us to believe that staying at home is the same and you still get into paradise no matter what.

(al-Hujurat 49:15)The (true) believers are those only who believe in Allah and His messenger and afterward doubt not, but strive with their wealth and their lives for the cause of Allah. Such are the sincere.

and here are some more in which ALLAH in no uncertain words tells that striving in the cause of ALLAH is NOT equal to sitting at home.

[at-Taubah 9:93] The ground (of complaint) is against such as claim exemption while they are rich. They prefer to stay with the (women) who remain behind: God hath sealed their hearts; so they know not (What they miss).

[at-Taubah 9:44]Those who believe in God and the Last Day ask thee for no exemption from fighting with their goods and persons. And God knoweth well those who do their duty.

[at-Taubah 9:86] When a Sura comes down, enjoining them to believe in God and to strive and fight along with His Apostle, those with wealth and influence among them ask thee for exemption, and say: "Leave us (behind): we would be with those who sit (at home)."

[at-Taubah 9:87] They prefer to be with (the women), who remain behind (at home): their hearts are sealed and so they understand not.

[at-Taubah 9:88] But the Apostle, and those who believe with him, strive and fight with their wealth and their persons: for them are (all) good things: and it is they who will prosper.

[at-Taubah 9:89] God hath prepared for them gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein: that is the supreme felicity.

[at-Taubah 9:90] And there were, among the desert Arabs (also), men who made excuses and came to claim exemption; and those who were false to God and His Apostle (merely) sat inactive. Soon will a grievous penalty seize the Unbelievers among them.

Be your own judge.

The Prophet would NEVER teach contrary to the teachings of the Qur'an cuz he was one of the believers.
            -------------------------------------------
            These are GOD's revelations that we recite to you truthfully. In which Hadith other than GOD and His revelations do they believe?(45:6)

[This message has been edited by PakistaniAbroad (edited November 18, 2001).]
            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

salam,
              The following page inshalah is a big help in knowing the conditions of Shahada.
              Maybe thats what you mean by Levels of Shahadat.
              Allah Alim. http://islamknowledge.faithweb.com/conditions.htm

Comment

Working...
              X