Imam and the Actress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imam and the Actress

Does Islam prefer ugly language for Imams?

‘Shabana Azmi fires yet another salvo at Imam Bukhari’

The Bollywood actress has been in the thick of a controversy over her remarks that Bukhari, who was critical of US air strikes on Taliban, should be "airdropped" in Kabul. The imam had responded by terming her as a "nachne gaane wali and tawaif" (prostitute).

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=4708

well she deserves worse than this....
    and after her BRILLIANT performance in THE FIRE i think she clears any doubts that wud be raised AGAINST the use of such word for her....

but we all know chor ko chor kaho to us ko bhee bura to lagta hee hai....
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Comment

I mean aside from the fact that he may have been correct these mullah type ppl need to get educated in public dealings, communication etc among other things.

I mean she is a nacchnay ganay waali and a tawaif. so technically he is not incorrect. Should he have handled himself in a more dignified and proper manner, of course.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I think Imam Bukhari was very miserly in his response. Any woman who sells her body is a prostitute. It may be in bed or on the screen - there is no difference.

To call a spoon a spoon and a fork a fork is not wrong is it?

I went to the link and found:
          "My identity is that I am a woman first followed by an actress and Parliament member. For me religion is a part of my life and not vice-versa," Azmi said.
          She said "India is a country whose secular ethos has had historical roots and any attempts to hurt the secular fabric would not be tolerated".
          Any person who claims that being a Muslim is secondary to her being a woman (body)(sic), actress(sic), Parliament member, is living for worldly matters only. Her fate is in the hands of Allah. He will judge her as He deems fit, but I cannot have any hopes for a person with such sentiments.

Comment

I think Imam Bukhari was very miserly in his response. Any woman who sells her body is a prostitute. It may be in bed or on the screen - there is no difference
            Do you consider anyone who appears on screen a prostitute?

What about male actors? are they prostituting their bodies too?
            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:
              I think Imam Bukhari was very miserly in his response. Any woman who sells her body is a prostitute. It may be in bed or on the screen - there is no difference.

Any person who claims that being a Muslim is secondary to her being a woman (body)(sic), actress(sic), Parliament member, is living for worldly matters only. Her fate is in the hands of Allah. He will judge her as He deems fit, but I cannot have any hopes for a person with such sentiments.
              [/QUOTE]

And they are saying that Taliban are no more!

I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
              I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Grow up friend. Or convince us that you have spent your life not looking at the screen. Otherwise there might arise some serious problems from Islamic point of view.

[This message has been edited by Scratch (edited November 19, 2001).]
                I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
                I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Originally posted by anand:
                  Does Islam prefer ugly language for Imams?

‘Shabana Azmi fires yet another salvo at Imam Bukhari’

The Bollywood actress has been in the thick of a controversy over her remarks that Bukhari, who was critical of US air strikes on Taliban, should be "airdropped" in Kabul. The imam had responded by terming her as a "nachne gaane wali and tawaif" (prostitute).

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=4708

salam

a person jsut not does become an imama by the dress and beard. they should have characteristic such as piety, virtue, patience etc.and we r asked to aruge with patience and intelectual not by ratonality adn temper and madness.

jsut cos soemone has swered at a muslim does it mean muslim has to swear back and use similiar filty language?

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch:
                    Grow up friend. Or convince us that you have spent your life not looking at the screen. Otherwise there might arise some serious problems from Islamic point of view.

Sorry, I miss the point, what does my having seen the screen have to do with what I have said. I have not claimed that I have not seen the screen have I? But seeing and going and acting the way Indian actresses have to act are two different things.

I am sure you must be watching the screen today. But would you allow your sister to go and act in Hollywood or Bollywood? Don't get offended by the question, but it is simply to shake you up to realise what the difference is. Then we shall see who needs to wake up.

Comment

FactFinder,

i dont think you have watched any movies of Shabana Azmi. Fact is, you have no right to pass judgements on anyone and call them a prostitute, especially when you dont know them.

IMO, Shabana Azmi is a wonderful human being. She has done, and continues to do, quite a bit for HIV+ve kids and slum children.

Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch:
                        And they are saying that Taliban are no more!

What is the message supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by queer:

FactFinder,

i dont think you have watched any movies of Shabana Azmi. Fact is, you have no right to pass judgements on anyone and call them a prostitute, especially when you dont know them.

IMO, Shabana Azmi is a wonderful human being. She has done, and continues to do, quite a bit for HIV+ve kids and slum children.

I have not called her anything. I have simply stated what our religion teaches about the particular case.

And, what does being a good person have to do with what I have said. She may be the best person in the world. But if she is not doing things to please Allah, it makes absolutely no difference. She does it for fame, for a position in society, or whatever, that is what she will get in this world. But on the Day of Judgement, she will be answerable for things that she did against the instructions contained in the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Comment

She does it for fame, for a position in society, or whatever, that is what she will get in this world.
                            Here we go again! Who are you to judge what she does it for? Acting is her profession. Sure, she doesnt do it for God. Neither do 99.999% of muslims who earn a living. Dont tell me you chose your profession to please God.

Anyone who calls her a prostitute for being an actress needs serious help.
                            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

SOME EXCELLENT QUALITIES OF THOSE WHO WEAR HIJAAB
                              Al-Hamdulilah, it is well known that the Muslim women is a creature of Hayaa (modesty). Allah loves for our Muslim women to be shielded by their Hijaab. It is their outer protection from the decadence of this life. Allah's Messehger (SAAWS) has said (what means):

"Verily! Allah is Hayaa (modest, bashful) & Sitteer (ie. the One who Shields - from disobedient acts). He loves Hayaa (i.e He loves for one to pratice modesty and bashfulness) and Sitter ( shielding;covering)." (Collected by Abu Dawud; An-Nissa'ee; Al - Baihaqee; Ahmad; & in Saheeh An-Nissa'ee).
                              Thus, as possessing Hayaa is a quality that is beloved by Allah, Ta'ala, our sisters must feel comfort in knowing that they have this Hayaa and not the women who show themselves to the world; hence such women will not be shielded from Allah's Wrath. Allah's Messneger (SAAWS) said (what means):

"Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's home (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her." (Collected by Abu Dawud & At-Tirmidhi).
                              Therefore, we see that the Hijaab of the Muslim woman has a quality that comprises Hayaa (modesty). Hayaa is what proceeds Imaan (belief). That is why when Allah commands the women to observe the Hijaab, He, Ta'ala, says (what means):

"And say (O Muhammad SAAWS) to the believing women... (Surah An-Nur:31) Also (what means):
                              "... And the believing women..." (Surah Al-Ahzab: 59).
                              Futhermore, Allah's Messenger (SAAWS) said (what means):

"Al Hayaa (modesty & bashfulness) is from Imaan (belief) and Imaan is in Al-Jannah (the Paradise)." (At-Tirmidhi - Saheeh).
                              Also (what means):

"Hayaa (modesty and bashfulness) and Imaan are fully associated together, if one is lifted the other follows suit." (Narrated by Abd'Allah bin Umar; related by Al Haakim in his "Mustadrak").
                              My dear sisters in Islam, know that these women who beautify themselves for the world to see possess no Hayaa; thus they are void of any Imaan. Instead of looking to the latest fashion models for guidance, you, my dear sisters, must look to the wives of the Prophet (SAAWS). Look at the extreme amount of Hayaa that our mother, Umm Al Mu'mineen, 'Aaisha bint Abi Bakr (RAA) possessed even in the presence of the the deceased:

'Aaisha (RAA) said: "I used to enter the room where the Messenger (SAAWS) and my father (Abu Bakr) were later buried without having my garment on me, saying it was only my husband and my father. But when 'Umar ibn Al-Khattab (RAA) was later buried in (the same pace), I did not enter the room except that I had my garment on being shy from 'Umar." (As-Simt Ath'ameen Fee Maniqib Ummahat Ul-Mu'mineen by ibn As-Sakir. Al-Haakim brings a similar narration which he says is "good according the conditions of Imaam Bukhari and Imaam Muslim").
                              My dear sisters in Islam, I know that it is quite difficult for you to go out wearing Hijaab in a society that mocks and torments you. I know that you, indeed, feel strange and out of place. However, if you knew the status of those who are mocked by the Kufaar as well as the status of the strangers, you will continue to wear your Hijaab (i.e to cover your entire body with a khimaar as commanded (24:31), as well as with a Jilbaab (33:59), with the exception of the hands and face; however, knowing the recommendation to cover those parts as well) with dignity. Allah, Ta'ala, says in His Book (what means):

"Verily! (during the wordly life) those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed. And whenever they passed by them, used to wink one to another (in mockery) , And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting: and when they saw them, they said: 'Verily! These have indeed gone astray!' But they (disbelievers, sinners) had not been sent as watchers over them (the believers) . But on this Day (the Day of Resurrection) those who believe will laugh at the disbelievers. On (high) thrones, looking (at all things) . Are not the disbelievers paid (fully) for what they used to do?" (Surah Al-Mutaffifin:29-36).
                              Allah's Words should serve as a support for you me dear sisters. Also, take comfort in being a stranger among these lewd and sinful women. Allah's Messenger (SAAWS) said (what means):

"Islam began as something strange, and it would revert to its (old position) of being strange, so good tidings for the strangers." (Narrated by Abu Hurairah; Sahih Muslim).

Comment

Working...
                              X