can a muslim to pray for a non-muslim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can a muslim to pray for a non-muslim?

I mean can a muslim pray for a non-muslim?

is it allowed? somebody told me its not..

[This message has been edited by Mindless (edited November 19, 2001).]
    ** Of all the things I've lost ~~ I miss my mind the most **

Itís allowed!

Islam & its followers are Peace for the entire world! And praying for someone regardless of their religion, origin, nationality & gender comes under Islamís universal colors of peace!
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

at-Taubah 9:113

It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even though they may be near of kin (to them) after it hath become clear that they are people of hell-fire.
      "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Originally posted by aishaA:

It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even though they may be near of kin (to them) after it hath become clear that they are people of hell-fire.
        did it b4 i could ...good job keep it up
        remember hazrat abrahim AS prayed for his father, but allah told him he is idolter and it does not befit a muslim to pray for the enemy of allah....and also hazrat nooh AS also prayed for his idoltarous son and got the same reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
          Itís allowed!

Islam & its followers are Peace for the entire world! And praying for someone regardless of their religion, origin, nationality & gender comes under Islamís universal colors of peace!
          I believe the subsequent posts confirm the incorrectness of this response. This post is more in line with the defensive school that tries to project Islam as a religion that should be accepted by the west. But the fact is that the deen is not to please anybody other than Allah.

Comment

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was not allowed to pray for his Uncle Abu Talib....
            and also Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) was not allowed to pray for his father, Azar....
            the reason, they were not muslims....
            Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

DON'T use abusive language on this forum faceup.

Consider this as a warning.

Sentinel.

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited November 20, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by aishaA:

Jazakallah khair

------------------
                "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
                (11:55-56)

Comment

This might be a bit lame but, it says,

Doesnt that mean, only praying for forgiveness for non-believers in not possible? Other kinds of prayers for them are fine?

And that too, only idolaters are mentioned - so can muslims pray for non-idolators who arent muslim, and atheists?

How about stuff like saying "Allah Hafiz/ Fee Amanallah/Rab raakha" to non-muslims?
                  Simple ain't easy.

Comment

u r right queer....
                    its only this specific prayer for their forgiveness that is not allowed....
                    otherwise to pray for their well-being, for thier guidance, and all is not only allowed but is more recommended....
                    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited November 20, 2001).]
                      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Itís allowed!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        I entirely agree. My girl friend (a devout Sunni Muslim) Prays for my well being and she tells me that Allah always listens to her prayer. I too request her to Pray for me, when I am in trouble.
                        Even in India, it is very common to see Baba and Fakir's praying for Hindu followers and blessing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Victory:
                          Itís allowed!
                          its allowed?? yeah you or your girl friend got a special revelation from allah saying it is allowed and the rest of us are idiots who just happen to use quran as their proof.and also,a devout sunni girl being a girl friend is an oxymoron...either she is not a DEVOUT sunni girl or shes not ur girl friend...kapesh????

Comment

Non-muslims can pray for Muslims. I pray to god to show some mercy on some brainwashed people here...

Comment

Quote: Mazaq

its allowed?? yeah you or your girl friend got a special revelation from allah saying it is allowed and the rest of us are idiots who just happen to use quran as their proof.and also,a devout sunni girl being a girl friend is an oxymoron...either she is not a DEVOUT sunni girl or shes not ur girl friend...kapesh????
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Hey U. I have had good Muslim friends. your comments only shows up your narrow mullah mentality. Yeah! my GF has definitely helped me out many times and I have benefitted with her prayers and advice. I know how devout,pure and calm she is, you may never be able to see that sincerity and love in other peoples eyes as you have hatred. By the by, I believe her and I feel she is correct, that's my view. You are entitled for your views.

Comment

Working...
                              X