HATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HATE

Following story ran on MSNBC on November 16, 2001. When can t/ Muslims expect George Bush and his administration to denouce this clown spewing his hatred amongst t/ Americans??:
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/659057.asp

Evangelist's Comments Enrage Islamic Leaders

BALTIMORE, 8:43 p.m. EST November 16, 2001 - The son of America's most famous evangelist is saying America's war on terrorism should be expanded to include a war on Islam.

Franklin Graham, Billy Graham's son, also said in an exclusive interview obtained by NBC News that Islam is "a very evil and wicked religion."
    "The God of Islam is not the same God of the Christian or Judeo-Christian faith. It's a different God and I believe it is a very evil and wicked religion," Graham said. Graham said his beliefs are based on what he's read in the Qur'An, the Islamic holy book, and suggests America's war on terrorism is also a war on Islam.

"I think we better take a hard look, though, at Islam. I don't believe this is this wonderful, peaceful religion," Graham said.

Islamic leaders call Graham's comments deplorable and scary.

"If he is giving out more and more hate, then you can imagine where it's going to lead us, and that's what makes me really fearful of this kind of statement," said Dr. Sayyid Mohammad Syeed of the Islamic Society of North America.

Plus, Graham's views run contrary to the message President George W. Bush has been sending. "When we think of Islam, we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world," Bush said in the days following the Sept. 11 attacks.

Graham's words also run contrary to the message of tolerance his father has preached for decades.

So far, Billy Graham has not released a statement on his son's interview or opinions on Islam.

Franklin Graham oversees Operation Christmas Child, which sends shoeboxes filled with gifts from Americans to children in war-torn countries.

Graham wants to include Afghanistan, where Islam is the only religion, to this year's list of destinations.

[This message has been edited by FunkyDesi (edited November 18, 2001).]
Working...
X