Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramadaan Mubarak !!

Salaam.

For those who missed the announcement in the 'General' forum, it's been confirmed from Madeenah, Saudi Arabia, that Ramadaan starts tonight Insha'Allaah, thus the first fast shall be tomorrow Friday 16th November.

I would like to wish everyone Ramadaan Mubarak, and may Allaah make this a prosperous and beneficial month for us all. And may He - the Most High - increase us in piety and eemaan by helping us to fully benefit from the next 30 days and beyond.

Please don't forget those suffering and less fortunate than us around the world, in your supplications and while you fast - those who have far less than us to eat, wear and shelter themselves from the wet and cold.

May Allaah - subhaan wa ta'aala - guide us all.

WasSalaam

Sentinel.

Ramadan Mubarak to all my Pakistani friends out there (now you guys know I am not a Pakistani). I'd like to wish you guys and all the Muslim ummah out there a wonderful Ramadan. May this month be a blissfully month for all the Muslims in the world Ramadan is the month that all the duas will be answered, may Allah (swt) fulfill all his servants duas this Ramadan.

The Intention of fasting and Prayer is to transform the earthly qualities into the higher qualities of human being and to discover and purify the essence of humanity which is the meaning and reason of religion. And continuing on to the result of knowing the self and thus knowing God. "Whoever knows one's self, knows one's God." And Whoever purifies one's self for forty days, the word of Allah will flow from his/her heart into his/her tongue.
    ---Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)

We wish the Help of Allah (swt) for our success during Ramadan.

Wa Salam
    I LOVE IT WHEN PAKIS HATE ME!

Comment

Ramadan Mubarak everyone !!!

ps. ramadan msut be starting in Saudi from tomorrow, but not in the rest of the world ??? ie. toronto, CA ???

Comment

Barakallahu feekum

Ramadan Mubarak To All of the Brothers and Sisters in Islam around the world, Wishing from Allah to the Muslim nation peace and settlement.

Ramadan Mubarak to you, your family, your relatives, your friends.
        Ahmad G
        Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

Ramadan Mubarak Everyone!!

I jus' read this(below) on ISNA's site...
          ===================================
          "Let it be known that for this Ramadan, ISNA’s decision may not come until late night on Thursday, November 15. In light of available scientific information, first day of fasting of Ramadan in North America is expected to be on Saturday, November 17, 2001, insha'Allah after completing 30 days of Sha’ban."
          =========================================

SO I guess the first Ramadan is on the 17th in canada...?

------------------
          "... When you ask God for a gift, Be thankful if he sends,Not diamonds, pearls or riches,
          but the love of real true friends."
          ~Helen Steiner Rice

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrain:
            Ramadan Mubarak Everyone!!

I jus' read this(below) on ISNA's site...
            ===================================
            "Let it be known that for this Ramadan, ISNA’s decision may not come until late night on Thursday, November 15. In light of available scientific information, first day of fasting of Ramadan in North America is expected to be on Saturday, November 17, 2001, insha'Allah after completing 30 days of Sha’ban."
            =========================================

SO I guess the first Ramadan is on the 17th in canada...?

inshAllah

Comment

From www.sbia.net

Moon Sighting Possibility for Ramadan

The new moon birth on November 15, 2001 is at 6:41UT. As you can see from the visibility curves, on Nov 15, although the age of the moon is 14-18 hours at sunset in North America, the moon cannot be seen in North America even with telescopes. Naked eye sighting is impossible on Nov 15 in North America. However, on Nov 16, most of the world would see the moon. It will be a big moon in North America because its age will be 38-42 hours. So the first day of fasting (of Ramadan) for most of the world is expected to be Saturday, November 17, except Hawaii, where it could be November 16.

Comment

But it has been sighted, and according to the hadeeth, it takes just one person to announce it and the whole Muslim world should follow suit.

is this not so?

Comment

Sentinel.. u tell me.
                  http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/003948.html

Plus, how can someone sight a moon before its born? Scientifically, the Ramadhan moon will be "born" at November 15, 2001 is at 6:41UT (Universal Time or UK time).. and the moon has to be a minimum of 18 hours old before it can be seen by a naked eye or by a telescope. You do your math, and tell me, with time difference and all, what is the earliest the moon be sighted in Saudi Arabia?

[This message has been edited by Pristine (edited November 15, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Sentinel:
                    But it has been sighted, and according to the hadeeth, it takes just one person to announce it and the whole Muslim world should follow suit.

is this not so?
                    no its not like that...every township has to sight the moon...here is the hadith..
                    Sahih Muslim Book 006, Number 2391:
                    Kuraib reported that Umm Fadl, daughter of Harith, sent him (Fadl, i. e. her son) to Mu'awiya in Syria. I (Fadl) arrived in Syria, and did the needful for her. It was there in Syria that the month of Ramadan commenced. I saw the new moon (of Ramadan) on Friday. I then came back to Medina at the end of the month. Abdullah b. 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) asked me (about the new moon of Ramadan) and said: When did you see it? I said.: We saw it on the night of Friday. He said: (Did) you see it yourself? -I said: Yes, and the people also saw it and they observed fast and Mu'awiya also observed fast, whereupon he said: But we saw it on Saturday night. So we would continue to observe fast till we complete thirty (lasts) or we see it (the new moon of Shawwal). I said: Is the sightidg of the moon by Mu'awiya not valid for you? He said: No; this is how the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) has commanded us. Yahya b. Yahya was in doubt (whether the word used in the narration by Kuraib) was Naktafi or Taktafi.
                    and i think the ramzan starts sturday for north america...the paper says the new moon will rise on 7:45 am on friday...so it means friday cant be the first day of ramzan...saturday is...inshallah.. looking farward for ramzan, with this struggle for islam going on and stuff, it has a whole new meaning now...
                    allah bless u all..

Comment

Ramadhaan mubarak.

Yes, let's also remind ourselves of our Muslim brothers and sisters in the world, many of whom do not have a crust to begin their fast nor a date to break it.

May Allaah (SWT) give them patience and take them out of this missery, making all their affairs easy. aameen.

-----------------
                      "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

[This message has been edited by Hasnain (edited November 17, 2001).]

Comment

I personally go according to Saudia Arabia, however, ISNA and ICNA, and the Islamic Shura Council of North America said Ramadan starts on Friday, November 16,2001 as well. Please check their website, if you follow them, at www.isna.net. Ramadan Mubarak!

------------------
                        Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
                        "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Pristine,

Plus, how can someone sight a moon before its born?
                          This i cannot argue with.

However, with regards to the above hadeeth, then the understanding behind this hadeeth are many. The ulema (scholars) have a lot of different sayings about when to fast and whether the sighting in one land is the same for all muslims or not.

There are mroe than 7 sayings in this matter. The best of the them is the saying that one sighting by one trustworthy muslim is enough for all muslims in the world in
                          all the lands. The proof for this is that rasulullah said: "suumuu li ru'yatihi wa aftiruu li ru'yatihi.." (fast if you see it and break your fast if you see it" - so this hadeeth is for all muslims. So if one sees it everyone fasts.

Also it is known that the hukum (command) with Allaah is one and does not change. With Allaah either a particular day for example friday is 1st of Ramadhaan or it is not.

So if we understand this, that with Allaah there can't be 2 differents days for the start of Ramadhaan because the truth is
                          one, then we know therefore that it is not possible for Saudi for example to say
                          that friday is Ramadhaan and US to say that no Saturday is Ramadhaan or for Australia to say that no Sunday is Ramadhaan. This is all false. Rather Ramadhaan is either Friday or Saturday or Sunday (in our example
                          above).

So therefore anyone who sights the moon in any of the lands of the Muslims, then this will mean that all muslims must fast. This is the most correct opinion. Compare this to Hajj time and the day of Arafat. The day of
                          Arafat is the day that 9th day of Dhil-Hijjah, lets say for example, on a particular
                          year falls on Tuesday. No on in the Muslim Ummah will say that: no in my country the 9th of dhil-hijjah or day of Arafat is on Wednesday etc. etc...
                          This is without doubt incorrect.

Similarly Ramadhaan is either on a particular day in all of the Earth or it is not in all of the earth. This is the most clearest and simplest of opinions.

As for what Ibn Abbas said in the hadeeth mentioned, then that is ijtihaad from him upon the correct sayings on the ulema. When he said: "this is what the Prophet commanded us" - meaning that this is what he understood from the hadeeth or command of the Prophet - salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam -when he had said: "fast when you (all) see
                          it and break your fast when you (all) see it."

Incidently, as for breaking the fast i.e. end of Ramadhaan then there must be 2 witnesses. As for establishing the beginning of Ramadhaan then 1 is enough.

This is an important principle of Islaam that the '[i]wajibaat[\i]' (the compulsory things) and acts of compulsion in the Religion are established by the least number
                          of witnesses (1 in this case of establishing the compulsion of having to fast Ramadhaan) and it is lifted by 2 witness and above (2 in the case of establishing the end of the compulsion of having to fast Ramadhaan).

... and Allaah - subhaan wa ta'aala knows best.

Hope this is helpful.

kind regards,

Sentinel.

Comment

islam.ca

Muslims Begins Fast Of Ramadan
                            Friday, November 16, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Islamic Shura Council of North America and the Fiqh Council of North America agreed that there was a confirmed moon sighting in Arizona on Thursday evening, November 15th. Therefore, according these two Councils, Friday, November 16th will be the first day of Ramadan.

According to the National Coordinator for Astronomical Information of Islamic Society of North America, the Hilal for Ramadan 1422 AH was sighted in Tucson, Arizona on the evening of Thursday, November 15, 2001. The height of the Hilal was from 3 to 4 finger widths above the mountains. The Hilal was to the left of the Sun. The Orientation of the Hilal was from around 2:30 O'clock to 5:00 O'clock to 7:00 O'clock positions.

ISNA Canada will start fasting on November 16, 2001.

However, the Hilal Committee of Toronto has announced Saturday, November 17, 2001 will be the first day of Ramadan. Some mosques like TARIC and Islamic Foundation of Toronto, will starting fasting on November 17, 2001.

Please check with your local mosque for local confirmation.

This is very confusing !!! Since my local mosque said Sat. will be the first of Ramadan so I'll start fasting from Sat.

Comment

Ramzan Mubarak to all Muslims everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X