whats ur oopinion abt hinduism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats ur oopinion abt hinduism?

Being a hindu i am curious to know other peoples opinion abt my religion...whether it is good or bad,i would like to get u peoples opinion abt this religion.i know in pakistan there many hindus living and i have always tried to know abt their livings.....

i respect islam and christianity and i believe islam has nothing to do with the audacious and ruthless attacks by the hijackers to W.T.C in u.s.....

the reports which i received from pakistan show that there is a growing bitter hatred fuming up against religious minorities especially against hindus and christians.....

oin this critical juncture of our time i would like to know what u people think abt my religion hinduism......

so comments are welcome.....

hinduism good-----followers bad
    christianty good-----followers bad
    judism good-----followers bad
    ISLAM good-----followers bad

The only religion that i know that have good followers and is a good religion, Buddish.

Comment

[This message has been edited by Yemeen (edited October 29, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Yemeen:

The only religion that i know that have good followers and is a good religion, Buddish.
        ohhhh......may be u r true...but do not forget not all the religiuons are free from some sort of malices......even in budhism there are two distinctions...hEENAYANA AND Mahayana and often the differences between these two groups resulted in to fights with each other..........

BUDHAM SARANAM GACHAMI....DHARMAM SARANAM GACHAMI.....SANGHAM SARANAM GACHAMI.......

Comment

Originally posted by Yemeen:

I have almost same feelings. Some Hindu fellows here on this forum have said that Hinduism is a 'social practice' and is not a 'religion'. May be their definition of RELIGION is different from what is a dominant one and found in today's dictionaries.

Mr.Great:
          "the reports which i received from pakistan show that there is a growing bitter hatred fuming up against religious minorities especially against hindus and christians....."

Everytime a community in a neighboring country are targeted, 'victim' community tend to attack the representing community in their country. Same is true for so called Muslim community in Pakistan. Everytime Muslims are targetting in India by Hindus, they attack Hindus in Pakistan (a pathetic show, simply idiotic), now when Muslims are under attack by US (a Christian dominant country) Chrisitian are attacked in Pakistan (again, idioti mentality). These days its only Christian under pressure, not Hindus, I beleive.

------------------
          We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited October 29, 2001).]

Comment

mr.great,

I honestly don't know much about Hinduism as a religion as I tend to get Hindu friends who avoid this question altogether. Mostly, we tend to hear bad things about Hinduism like "satee", caste system promoted in religion, a lot of gods with three main gods and one head god and similar things like that. I am sure there would be good things in Hinduism as well which are not communicated very well to muslims.

At this particular time, my assumption is that only traditional people follow the hindu religion.

Tell us some things which you think we ought to know. Also, tell us the basic belief of an average Hindu.

Comment

It might come as a surprise! But I condiser Hazrat Krishna (as) as any other prophet of the Abrahimic religion. Who came to the people of 'hind' from God.

Hinduism being an old religion is not in the e present days, what was preached by Hazrat Krishna or other 'Avatars' but still holds some divinity. Just like any other religion in this world, its followers come in many faces & ideas!
              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                It might come as a surprise! But I condiser Hazrat Krishna (as) as any other prophet of the Abrahimic religion. Who came to the people of 'hind' from God.
                what makes you say that "Krishna" was a Prophet from GOD and was of Abrahimic religion? Any source / reference (web especially) would be nice.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mr.great:

Being a hindu i am curious to know other peoples opinion abt my religion...whether it is good or bad,i would like to get u peoples opinion abt this religion.i know in pakistan there many hindus living and i have always tried to know abt their livings.....

i respect islam and christianity and i believe islam has nothing to do with the audacious and ruthless attacks by the hijackers to W.T.C in u.s.....

the reports which i received from pakistan show that there is a growing bitter hatred fuming up against religious minorities especially against hindus and christians.....

oin this critical juncture of our time i would like to know what u people think abt my religion hinduism......

so comments are welcome.....
                  It is the base of all religions,
                  human life started from hinduism

one example:when great swami vivekanada went to newyork he was called in meeting and one person who is christian piled up all religious books keeping hindu holy book at bottom and said look where is ur hinduism it is at bottom and our bible on top
                  then suddenly vivekanada removed the bottom hindu book and all fell down and now he asked that person where is your bible now

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:
                    mr.great,

I honestly don't know much about Hinduism as a religion as I tend to get Hindu friends who avoid this question altogether. Mostly, we tend to hear bad things about Hinduism like "satee", caste system promoted in religion, a lot of gods with three main gods and one head god and similar things like that. I am sure there would be good things in Hinduism as well which are not communicated very well to muslims.

At this particular time, my assumption is that only traditional people follow the hindu religion.

Tell us some things which you think we ought to know. Also, tell us the basic belief of an average Hindu.
                    thank you khan sahib...brother, i carefully read through your post and i am happy that you have given me a chance to say you a few things abt hinduism....

sure khan.....first i will start with sati......although it was banned in the late 19th centuary by William Bentikk,the then viceroy of british india,it is practised by hindus in Rajasthan ..(very rarely....among illiterate people....)....sadly.......

hinduism believes in 33 crore gods with three main godsBrahma ,Vishnu and Siva....hinduism find god in all the createures and the main idea behind it is treating every thig with equal status and give every thing a `god'nature.......more precisely hinduism worship the nature which gives us everything.the food,shelter and even our life....

hinduism is way of life rather than religion and great hindu epics and scrips have done a great impact on the life of the people of the sub continent to a great extentone of the hindu books `Bhagavath Geetha' which was written thousands of years back (during B.C era) touch every -abt life and modern science...it has even referred abt Nuclear Science....worlds ever greatest scientist Albert Einstein said `for all his inventions ,the enlightment was Bhagavath Geetha'...and remember what Oppen heimer did just after seeinfg the first nuclear test by u.s in Arizona deserts in 1945...he chanted a slogan from Bhagavath Githa..!!!..it starts with bhivi surya sahasrasyya.......(it is a sanskrit slogan)..

that was the influence great hinduism has among the scientists and every year many people ,especially scientists in u.s embrace hinduism......

what ur assumption abt the practise of hinduism is not right.Now ,in this modern era the number of believers is increasing and when i discussed with some of my elders regarding the new generations involment in the religious related matters ,they said they are amazed with the kind of response from the youths and in india especially in my state kerala number of believers are getting increase every year .....(i was pro -communist and now i have changed my beliefs and the amazing and interesting thing i noticed here is even communist leaders too started going to temples and those communists with christian names have started going to churches too!!!)

so i foresee a great future for hinduism but in my view it has to bring in some considerable changes and it has to be free from the grips of caste sysyetm fully......

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
                      what makes you say that "Krishna" was a Prophet from GOD and was of Abrahimic religion? Any source / reference (web especially) would be nice.

changez...i too have heared abt it...infact read abt it...and i will try to come back with reference.....

Comment

Originally posted by Humanity:

one example:when great swami vivekanada went to newyork he was called in meeting and one person who is christian piled up all religious books keeping hindu holy book at bottom and said look where is ur hinduism it is at bottom and our bible on top
                        then suddenly vivekanada removed the bottom hindu book and all fell down and now he asked that person where is your bible now

thank you humanity.........for a nice reference....ofcourse great Swami Vivekandan is considered as one of the reformers of hinduism...........

Comment

Originally posted by Humanity:

you guys are funny. you use an incident to prove that you are right.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
                            you guys are funny. you use an incident to prove that you are right.

it was not merely an incident but he was trying to make others realize where is hinduism and whats its place.

Comment

Ok here it goes! Hinduism.I have many friends who are,at least claim to be Hindus, but they dont discuss Hinduism. Most of them feel it is very confusing, the idea of gods fighting other gods, and not to eat meat incase you end up eating a god..and so on.Please I know it sounds really bad,but this is what I have heard. In Islam,I am a muslim, associating other partners to God is the biggest crime you can ever do, I mean Muhammad estabished Islam after destroying a form of hinuism which were praticed by the qurashi tribes of Makkah. Hiniduism is probably the most confusing religon ever created by man! That is what I have to say in the matter. No offence intended.

Comment

Working...
                              X