Muslim men have to cover up too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim men have to cover up too

In a newspaper called the public asian published by asian american students association it advertises islamic awareness conferences in letters to the editor. The first sentence in this segment is Did you know that in Islam men have to cover too? This true and cover up how much? Also my muslim friend god mad at the sexism when men tell women to cover up and they wont do it themselves.

Which paper is there a url?

Where ?

without further info its hard to understand exactly whats u r q.

Comment

what sexism is there in this ????
      women have to cover up for good reasons....
      tomorrow u wud call it sexism, men get women pregnant and dont get pregnant themselves....
      non-muslims just want to always raise baseless issues about Islam, wonder why....
      Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
        what sexism is there in this ????
        women have to cover up for good reasons....
        tomorrow u wud call it sexism, men get women pregnant and dont get pregnant themselves....
        non-muslims just want to always raise baseless issues about Islam, wonder why....

Actually the girl who was saying this was muslim. She wasn't saying girls shouldn't. She was saying that men have too yet they don't and tell women to which is hypocritical. I doubt mrn have to cover as much but they have too not show their legs she said.

Comment

Originally posted by vivek:
          In a newspaper called the public asian published by asian american students association it advertises islamic awareness conferences in letters to the editor. The first sentence in this segment is Did you know that in Islam men have to cover too? This true and cover up how much? Also my muslim friend god mad at the sexism when men tell women to cover up and they wont do it themselves.
          If you are surprised then you shouldn't be coz it is true that men have to cover up too. If you are interested and let us know the findings.

Comment

Maybe you are confused because you haven't seen most Muslim men following the 'covering up' which is basically cultural.

Though, please do define the term 'cover up' as you understand it, for the benefit of others participating in this discussion.
            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Comment

Sarah

who says women have to wear yards and yards of clothes? if u are wearing trousers and a long sleevs shirt and a scarf you are fine.

Men have to follow rules to, even though they must cover from navel to below kees minimum that is the minimum and set mostly so men who work in fields and stuff can work that way, or who fish. men are supposed to wear dignified clothes as well.

men cant wear gold and silk, cant wear bright colours and cant wear tight clothes.

as far as saying that men and women should have the exact same dress code, sure..lets take the bikini tops off, thats hypocritical too
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Now now as long as the jock straps are tasteful. None of this sequined crap.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thap:
                      Now now as long as the jock straps are tasteful. None of this sequined crap.
                      Men in sequins, now that's something I'd never like to see.

------------------
                      im broken

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarah Splendor:
                          Women have to wear long sleeved shirts and men can bare ther legs for all to see, as well as their heads, arms, and whatever takes their fancy because they FISH and WORK IN FARMS? I though women did that too.

The type of labour was and is different

No, wait, I thought that that was what women should do too so they can be equal. Either men should start wearing scarves, trousers, and long-sleeved shirts, or either women can roll up their pant legs and discard their scarves. Your call.

men are supposed to wear decent clothes that cover them. I have never seen a guy in a masjid with just a "tehmed" on.

My call is you do what you want to do. and I will do what I want to do, hows that for freedom?

if you want to start a movement to have women take off their tops, I'm in

Good now first action make a poster of yourself like that..write "freedom from bikini tops" on it and post 1000 copies all over town.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Splendor:
                            Men in sequins, now that's something I'd never like to see.

Aha so when sequins come in equality goes out of the window....I hope you never get in a position of power....Hijrah would be horrified!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Splendor:
                              One last thing and then I'm off to convince some Muslim guys standing in front of me to don hijabs, what's so special about women's arms and legs that men lack?
                              yeah even with women's breasts. There are tons of guys who can use a bra themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X