Volume 3, Book 31, Number 202:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:

My friend (the Prophet ) advised me to observe three things:

(1) to fast three days a month;

(2) to pray two Rakat of Duha prayer (fore-noon prayer); and

(3) to pray Witr before sleeping.

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 205:
    Narrated Muhammad bin 'Abbas:

I asked Jabir "Did the Prophet forbid fasting on Fridays?" He replied, "Yes." (Other narrators added, "If he intends to fast only that day.")

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 212:
    Narrated Abu Sa'id:

The Prophet forbade the fasting of 'Id-ul-Fitr and 'Id-ul-Adha (two feast days) and also the wearing of As-Samma' (a single garment covering the whole body), and sitting with one's leg drawn up while being wrapped in one garment. He also forbade the prayers after the Fajr (morning) and the 'Asr (afternoon) prayers.

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 213:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:

Two fasts and two kinds of sale are forbidden: fasting on the day of 'Id ul Fitr and 'Id-ul-Adha and the kinds of sale called Mulamasa and Munabadha. (These two kinds of sale used to be practiced in the days of Pre-lslamic period of ignorance; Mulamasa means when you touch something displayed for sale you have to buy it; Munabadha means when the seller throws something to you, you have to buy it.)

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)
Working...
X