Salatul Tasbeeh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salatul Tasbeeh

Well, I was just going through a book about this Namaaz and I can't seem to bring the total of each rakat's tasbeeh to 75.
    Each rakat should have 75 tasbeeh in it equivalent to 300 tasbeehs overall in this namaaz.

4 rakat Salatul Tasbeeh

1st Rakat
    Surah Fatiha + Surah Zilzal (surah 99)
    Subhan'Allahi WalHamdullilahi Wa La Ilaha Ilalaho Wala HuAkbar (15 times)
    Then Ruku and after saying the ruku prayer, then Tasbeeh (10 times)
    After Rabana Walakal Hamd say Tasbeeh (10 times)
    In sajda and after saying the usual sajda prayer say Tasbeeh (10 times)
    Then in sitting between the 2 sajdas Tasbeeh (10 times)
    In sajda after saying the sajda prayer say Tasbeeh (10 times)
    After Sajda Tasbeeh (10 times)

2nd Rakat
    Surah Fatiha + Surah Aadiyat (surah 100)
    Then Ruku after sayign the ruku prayer, then Tasbeeh (10 times)
    In sajda after saying the sajda prayer then say Tasbeeh (10 times)
    After Atayat (10 times) tasbeeh

3rd Rakat
    Surah Fatiha + Surah Nasr (surah 110)
    Then Ruku and after saying the ruku prayer, then Tasbeeh (10 times)
    In sajda and after saying the usual sajda prayer say Tasbeeh (10 times)
    After Sajda Tasbeeh (10 times)

4th Rakat
    Surah Fatiha + Surah Ikhlas
    Then Ruku after sayign the ruku prayer, then Tasbeeh (10 times)
    In sajda after saying the sajda prayer then say Tasbeeh (10 times)
    After Atayat (10 times) tasbeeh
    Then durood shareef and say salaam.
    ------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

[This message has been edited by CocoNut (edited November 13, 2001).]
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
      Jazakallah khair !! This one looks much more complicated than the Salatul Hajat.. btw wats the significance of Salatul Tasbeeh ???
      To vanquish All your past sins major or minor.
      if possible.. can you get something on Itekaf ??? if its in ur book ?!
      i will look into that

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Comment

i have heard that this particular prayer has no sound basis....
          i mena it is not proved from a SAHEEH HADITH....
          and logically too it does not make sense that one prayer shud rid u of all ur sins....

i have read the hadith reported by ibn abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) but i stopped practising it after i read that it is a BID'AA and not SUNNA....
          and after looking for any good book to mention it, i never found this hadith or the mention of salaat-al-tasbeeh except in the indo-pak books....

so please do research on the topic while we r on it and help me clear my doubts too....
          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

aaaahhh, one more thing that I find difficult to beleive. Though Allah SWT can forgive what HE wants (except that HE won't forgive SHIRK), and for that one does not necessarily has to say any special prayer, it can be done only by 'tauba' and 'committment' to not do it again.

our tableeghi 'nisaab' promotes so many 'individualistic' prayers that starts to repel me from such 'jamaat'. A 'jamaat' that promotes 'individualism', whata concept. A 'jamaat' that lacks social, regional, etc teachings. You can get all your sins forgiven by doing this, by doing that, by doing this so many times, by saying this so many times after this prayer, after that prayer etc.

aahhhhhhh. where does anyone see tableeghi jamaat busy in providing solution to our society? do we see any 'organization' originating from 'tableeghi jamaat' which will solves people's problems? or at least represent people at ANY level to a government?

I don't know why I should promote such deeds which will make an individual 'successful in hereafter' while ignoring the 'social', 'regional' etc aspects....

------------------
            We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

*CONFUSED

Comment

The salaat is performed to rid of sins like any other except this is especially made out for that purpose. Is it so wrong to perform and extra prayer? After all regardless of you making a million prayers it is ultimatlely up to him as long as you try your best and excercise what method you see right.

Saadia if you are confused just read the above statement and follow what your heart does keeping in mind that there is nothing wrong in performing extra prayers to rid yourself of sins.

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

I often struggle with the same concerns that have been expressed by Changez.

Often I tell myself that many of these "traditions" are there because people of differing levels of imaan needed reassurance of some sort. And they were brought up on the premise that "sins deserve punishment and penance", that they can be absolved of their sins if they perform a certain act a certain number of times.

Allah knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna:
                    I often struggle with the same concerns that have been expressed by Changez.

Therefore I find it better to focus on 'haqooq-ul-Allah', and 'haqooq-ul-ibaad' and I think that is a better approach.... because this way I don't ignore the society and I don't skip salat (specially the mandatory ones).

Often I tell myself that many of these "traditions" are there because people of differing levels of imaan needed reassurance of some sort. And they were brought up on the premise that "sins deserve punishment and penance", that they can be absolved of their sins if they perform a certain act a certain number of times.

Allah knows best.

I am not against 'extra' efforts to please Allah SWT. Yes, Allah SWT will be happy (inshallah) with anyone who goes extra mile to please Him, whether it is by performing extra nawaafils, are 'speak the truth' under any circumstances, 'no lie' under all conditions, etc.

------------------
                    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Comment

Coconut if you dont mind
                        I have heard of this namaz during the Night of Qadr .... is it only for that night ? If not then when do we pray this ... i mean what is the timing for it ? Tahajjud ? or when ....
                        Oh and one more thing when u say tasbeeh in your quote above is that different from the "subhanallahi walhamdulilahi .... " you have mentioned above.. i just want to be sure

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by D500s:
                          Coconut if you dont mind
                          I have heard of this namaz during the Night of Qadr .... is it only for that night ? If not then when do we pray this ... i mean what is the timing for it ? Tahajjud ? or when ....
                          Oh and one more thing when u say tasbeeh in your quote above is that different from the "subhanallahi walhamdulilahi .... " you have mentioned above.. i just want to be sure

Thanks

I dont mind at all. This prayer can be said once everyday, if not then, then once a week, if not then, once a month, if not then, once a year, if not then, then atleast once in a lifetime. There is no timing for it, it is recommended that you do it on Friday or The Night of Power (Layla-tul-Qadr) only because there is a higher chance of your repentance being accepted at those times. The Tasbeeh is "subhanallahi walhamdullilah . .. "

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

REVIVED FOR OBVIOUS REASONS

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
                              i have heard that this particular prayer has no sound basis....
                              i mena it is not proved from a SAHEEH HADITH....
                              and logically too it does not make sense that one prayer shud rid u of all ur sins....

i have read the hadith reported by ibn abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) but i stopped practising it after i read that it is a BID'AA and not SUNNA....
                              and after looking for any good book to mention it, i never found this hadith or the mention of salaat-al-tasbeeh except in the indo-pak books....

so please do research on the topic while we r on it and help me clear my doubts too....
                              RE-quoted FOR OBVIOUS REASONS
                              Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Working...
                              X