Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any doctors with knowledge of Islam??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any doctors with knowledge of Islam??????

Assalam o Alaikum!

I am in a discussion with an atheist who is very well read in Islam and secular topics.

I raised the issue of Professor Keith Moore's agreement with the Qur'an and Sunnah regarding Human Development.

The response was an article by a Dr. Lactantius. I have been through the article and find certain flaws, but need support by somebody in the medical field. The main theme of the article is to prove that the Greeks also believed in what the Qur'an says, and hence, the knowldege was not new. This I am not able to confirm.

Allah Hafiz

as far as i remember. the doctor that u have mentioned is the one who worked on the child birth....
    he was amazed at the findings of the Quran and the exact descriptions of the different phases....
    he however did not accept islam....

i have not read the whole thing but i dont recall any issue about the greeks....
    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Assalam o Alaikum!

Are you refering to Professor Keith Moore or Dr. Lactantius. The former was called to Saudi Arabia and shown ayahs in the Qur'an and ahdeeth. He was so overwhelmed that in his next edition of the book he has added pages explaining each ayah or hadeeth where it corroborates his assertions.

Dr. Lactantius I wish to challenge with the help of someone who is familiar with embryology.

Allah Hafiz

PS. I was introduced to the forum couple of days ago. Masha Allah, some of the contriburors have very good knowledge. I frequent Islam.com

Comment

you can refer to dr zakir naik who is the indian version of shaikh ahmad deedat www.irf.net

Comment

I know Dr. Zakir Naik and have had the pleasure of meeting him in person. He is an excelent orator and his knowledge is such that Shaikh Ahmad Deedat called him Deedat plus. But he is pushed for time. I wrote to him once about a similar discussion I was having, and did not even get a reply from the organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal:
            he however did not accept islam....
            Whomsoever Allah guides can never be misguided and whomsoever Allah lets go astray can never be guided except by His will.
            Allah SWT says in the Holy Quran :

002.018 Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).
            =============
            002.171 The parable of those who reject Faith is as if one were to shout Like a
            goat- herd, to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries: Deaf, dumb, and
            blind, they are void of wisdom.

There will be many ppl (non Muslims) you will meet that find some things interesting about this beautiful deen..but they still will not come to the Truth b/c they cannot see it, that Islam is the truth.
            and there are many ppl..(thousands) who will see this Light of truth and will turn to it.
            Allah swt has guided them.
            SubhanAllah!

Comment

Allah SWT is:

An-Nur
              * The One Who Guides.
              * The Light.

Al-Hadi
              * The One with Whose Guidance His belivers were guided, and with His Guidance the living beings have been guided to what is beneficial for them and protected from what is harmful to them.
              * The Guide.

Ar-Rashid
              * The One who guides.
              * The Rightly Guided, The Concious, The Guide.

As-Sabur
              * The One Who does not quickly punish the sinners.
              * The Most Patient, The Enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:
                I know Dr. Zakir Naik and have had the pleasure of meeting him in person. He is an excelent orator and his knowledge is such that Shaikh Ahmad Deedat called him Deedat plus. But he is pushed for time. I wrote to him once about a similar discussion I was having, and did not even get a reply from the organisation.
                yes indeed dr zakir naik is indeed very busy man and most of his time is spend abroad giving lectures
                if you live in bombay you can visit irf at dongri

Comment

Originally posted by kabir:
                  yes indeed dr zakir naik is indeed very busy man and most of his time is spend abroad giving lectures
                  if you live in bombay you can visit irf at dongri
                  No I do not live in India.

Comment

Dr. Zakir Naik is great....
                    have met him many times....
                    he visits Bahrain almos every year and has 4 - 5 lectures here....
                    i try never to miss any....
                    he is a great orator and very well knowledged....
                    and has excellent examples to make matters clear....
                    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Working...
                    X