The Quran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Quran?

Ok I have been told that the only "truth" that I can find is the arabic version of the Quran. hmmm. what does that mean. Does that mean that I can only find the truth( that is if you believe the quran is the final word from god) if I speak Arabic? sounds fishy to me.

Does Islam consider the other scriptures irrelevant.

If they are irrelevant then why did god even bother to write them. why didn't he just start with the quran? why the jews then the gentiles(christians) then, narrowing it back down, the muslim. Does god make mistakes? or is it just man? hmmm and if it is man then god is just mans interpretation of life and good and evil.

Originally posted by ThePriest:
    Ok I have been told that the only "truth" that I can find is the arabic version of the Quran. hmmm. what does that mean. Does that mean that I can only find the truth( that is if you believe the quran is the final word from god) if I speak Arabic? sounds fishy to me.

Arabic being a very complex language when translated looses most of its essence into any other language because of a meaning a word witholds in arabic contains many interpretations while other languages cease to completely decipher the code. It is also said that Arabic is the dearest language to Allah since it is the lingo of the Quran.

Does Islam consider the other scriptures irrelevant.
    Yes, it does. Judaism and Christian are the roots of Islam except that they are not prevelant anymore in their original scriptures which have been changed to man's desires and societal changes. i.e. the open indulgence in homosexuality which is forbidden in all books of Allah

If they are irrelevant then why did god even bother to write them.
    God bothered to write them as a guideline for man. Each book with it came a messenger and trials with tribulations for the people to follow.

Why didn't he just start with the quran? why the jews then the gentiles(christians) then, narrowing it back down, the muslim.
    Each book came with trials which man failed to succeed to keep in the original format till the Quran came along and was memorized verbally and on paper till the day of Judgement.

Does god make mistakes? or is it just man? hmmm and if it is man then god is just mans interpretation of life and good and evil.

God never makes mistakes, he does everything for a reason. God knows evil and good. Man is there to follow the divine. We are not his interpretation but his subjects.

Hope this covers it for you, Short and sweet without any copy pasting

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Thanks COCO much appreciated

Comment

The Priest,

Hi!

If Shakespear were translated into Arabic, would the translator be able to do justice? And, the Qqur'an is richer in language and content.

Comment

Originally posted by FactFinder:
          If Shakespear were translated into Arabic, would the translator be able to do justice? And, the Qqur'an is richer in language and content.
          Sure you will lose some estetic poetic value, but all the hard facts will be true and as the Quran is in essence a religious book and about a way of life (unlike Shakespear who wrote solely for the estetic and poetic value), any good translation will do justice.

[This message has been edited by The Old Man (edited November 10, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
          X