more questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more questions?

What is the muslim belief about the creation of man? Adam and Eve? Garden of Eden?

Originally posted by ThePriest:
    What is the muslim belief about the creation of man? Adam and Eve? Garden of Eden?

Adam was created from clay, Eve was made from Adam's rib hence men have one rib less than females. Adam and Eve ate the fruit. There was no influence by the serpent but it was devil in a disguised voice.
    Hows that? Want anything further. Just ask

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Preist,

If your'e serious there are countless books written in english that cover these subjects from the sublime to a more pedestrian pace for all people seeking knowledge on all aspects of Islam.

Let me know and I'll suggest some titles.

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:

Adam was created from clay, Eve was made from Adam's rib...

Salaams,

I do not beleive this to be correct.
        Consider the following:
        YUSUFALI: O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.
        PICKTHAL: O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bare you). Lo! Allah hath been a watcher over you.
        SHAKIR: O people! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord, Who created you from a single being and created its mate of the same (kind) and spread from these two, many men and women; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, by Whom you demand one of another (your rights), and (to) the ties of relationship; surely Allah ever watches over you.
        KHALIFA: O people, observe your Lord; the One who created you from one being, and created from it its mate, then spread from the two many men and women. You shall regard GOD, by whom you swear, and regard the parents. GOD is watching over you.

So God created man from a single soul, and from it (the same soul) also its mate. I do not know from where you have derived your opinion. The hadith stating that "women are like a rib" gives no basis to say that women are created from the mans rib. I learnt this at a lecture recently. Correct me if Im wrong.

Allah Knows Best.

Ws

Comment

Originally posted by Thap:

Preist,

If your'e serious there are countless books written in english that cover these subjects from the sublime to a more pedestrian pace for all people seeking knowledge on all aspects of Islam.

I would greatly appreciate some Titles. Thank you Thap

Comment

I would greatly appreciate some Titles.
            One book I can recommend is called "Fundamentals of Islam" by Abul Ala Maududi.

If you are in search of knowledge another book I would strongly recommend is "Even Angels Ask" by Jeffrey Lang. This gentleman was a Christian, with a lot of questions about Christian teachings, so he became an atheist. He then became a Professor of Mathematics at a University in the States, where he met a Muslim family who introduced him to Islam. All his questions were answered and he became a Muslim. The book contains all the questions and answers he encountered.

Comment

Originally posted by aMiGo:
              Salaams,

I do not beleive this to be correct.
              Your assertion is correct, but I would refer you to a response by Adil Salahi in Arab News which is on the web at:
              http://www.islamicity.com/City/searc...ndHilite=%3C%2 Fstrong%3E&CiUserParam3=/City/search/queryhit.asp&CiHiliteType=Full

The text is worth reading.

Comment

Preist,

I would greatly appreciate some Titles. Thank you Thap

I was born a muslim, read the Quran in Arabic from an early age. It was then that I learned that much of the text cannot be taken literally and requires some lateral thinking if your are not familiar with classical Arabic.

Three fundamental texts that helped me gain further insight into my faith are as follows;

1. The Meaning of the Quran. Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Amana publications.

(The absolute source of knowledge): The why

2. The Hadith. Selected and revised by Abdul Rahim Alfahim.

(Sayings and doings of the Prophet Muhammad (May Peace Be Upon Him)): The example

3. Islamic Way of Worship. By M. I. H. Pirzada. Al-Karam publications.

(Practical aspects of being a muslim) The how

Hope this helps.

------------------
                "lets all step back and try and see the big picture"

Comment

[B] I was born a muslim, read the Quran in Arabic from an early age. It was then that I learned that much of the text cannot be taken literally and requires some lateral thinking if your are not familiar with classical Arabic.

Three fundamental texts that helped me gain further insight into my faith are as follows;

(Sayings and doings of the Prophet Muhammad (May Peace Be Upon Him)): The example

Hope this helps.

PS: If you get cought up in semantics, you have missed the point of the beautiful simplicity of Islam.

Comment

[b]Originally posted by Thap:
                    I was born a muslim, read the Quran in Arabic from an early age. It was then that I learned that much of the text cannot be taken literally and requires some lateral thinking if your are not familiar with classical Arabic.

Hope this helps.

PS: If you get cought up in semantics, you have missed the point of the beautiful simplicity of Islam.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X