Shab-e-Qadr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shab-e-Qadr

Can someone post events dated to this Holy night. I know its on the last 10 days of Ramadan and Allah (SWT) comes down from the 7th sky to the first to listen to our heart felt prayers.

Have any detail on this?

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Anyone??

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

I dont know if this was what you were looking for, but here is a portion of what I found:

“Haa-Meem. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’aan and none but Allaah (Alone) knows their meanings.]

By the manifest Book (this Qur’aan) that makes things clear.

We sent it (this Qur’aan) down on a blessed night [(i.e. the Night of Al-Qadr) in the month of Ramadaan]. Verily, We are ever warning [mankind that Our Torment will reach those who disbelieve in Our Oneness of Lordship and in Our Oneness of worship].

Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments.

As a Command (or this Qur’aan or the Decree of every matter) from Us. Verily, We are ever sending (the Messengers),

(As) a mercy from your Lord. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.” [al-Dukhaan 44:1-6]

Allaah sent down the Qur’aan on this night which the Lord of the Worlds has described as blessed. It was reported from a group of the Salaf – including Ibn ‘Abbaas, Qutaadah, Sa’eed ibn Jubayr, ‘Ikrimah, Mujaahid and others – that the night on which the Qur’aan was sent down was Laylat al-Qadr.

The phrase Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments means, on that night the destiny of all creatures for the coming year is decreed. On that night it is written who will live, who will die, who will be saved, who will be doomed, who will be destined for Paradise, who will be destined for Hell, who will be granted honour, who will be humiliated, where drought and famine will occur, and everything else that Allaah wills in that year.

What is meant by the idea that the destiny of all creatures is written on Laylat al-Qadr is – and Allaah knows best – that on Laylat al-Qadr they are transferred from al-Lawh al-Mahfooz. Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “You may see a man furnishing his home or plowing his field, and he is one of those who are going to die,” i.e., it has been decreed on Laylat al-Qadr that he is one of those who are going to die (in the coming year). And it was said that on this night, the destiny of people is shown to the angels.

If you want the link, just let me know.

------------------
      Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
      "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Here are some articles on Ramadhan. The first one is called "How to Seek Laylatul-Qadr," by Shaykh Muhammad Nasir-ud-Deen al-Albani
        Adapted from "The Night Prayers: Qiyam & Tarawih from works by Muhammad Nasir ud-Deen al-Albani
        (and other scholars)"
        Compiled by Muhammad al-Jibali, © 1997 QSS

Laylat ul-Qadr is the most blessed night. A person who misses it has indeed missed a great amount of good. If a believing person is zealous to obey his Lord and increase the good deeds in his record, he should strive to encounter this night and to pass it in worship and obedience. If this is facilitated for him, all of his previous sins will be forgiven.

Praying Qiyaam

It is recommended to make a long Qiyaam prayer during the nights on which Laylat ul-Qadr could fall. This is indicated in many hadeeths, such as the following:

Abu Tharr (radhiallahu `anhu) relates:

"We fasted with Allah's Messenger (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) in Ramadaan. He did not lead us (in qiyaam) at all until there were seven (nights of Ramadaan) left. Then he stood with us (that night - in prayer) until one third of the night had passed. He did not pray with us on the sixth. On the fifth night, he prayed with us until half of the night had passed. So we said, 'Allah's Messenger! Wouldn't you pray with us the whole night?'

He replied: 'Whoever stands in prayer with the imaam until he (the imaam) concludes the prayer, it is recorded for him that he prayed the whole night.'…" [Recorded by Ibn Abi Shaybah, Abu Dawud, at-Tirmithi (who authenticated it), an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, at-Tahawi (in Sharhu Ma`an il-Athar, Ibn Nasr, al-Faryabi, and al-Bayhaqi. Their isnad is authentic.]

[Point of benefit: Abu Dawud mentioned: "I heard Ahmad being asked, 'Do you like for a man to pray with the people or by himself during Ramadan?' He replied, 'Pray with the people' I also heard him say, 'I would prefer for one to pray (qiyaam) with the imaam and to pray witr with him as well, for the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: "When a man prays with the imaam until he concludes, it is recorded that he prayed the rest of that night." [Masaa'il]]

Abu Hurayrah (radhiallahu `anhu) narrated that the Messenger (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Whoever stands (in qiyaam) in Laylat ul-Qadr [and it is facilitated for him] out of faith and expectation (of Allah's reward), will have all of his previous sins forgiven." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim; the addition "and it is facilitated for him" is recorded by Ahmad from the report of `Ubaadah Bin as-Samit; it means that he is permitted to be among the sincere worshippers during that blessed night.]

Making Supplications

It is also recommended to make extensive supplication on this night. `A'ishah (radhiallahu `anha) reported that she asked Allah's Messenger (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam), "O Messenger of Allah! If I knew which night is Laylat ul-Qadr, what should I say during it?" And he instructed her to say:

[/i]"Allahumma innaka `afuwwun tuh.ibbul `afwa fa`fu `annee - O Allah! You are forgiving, and you love forgiveness. So forgive me."[/i][Recorded by Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and at-Tirmithi. Verified to be authentic by Al-Albani]

Abandoning Worldly Pleasures for the Sake of Worship

It is further recommended to spend more time in worship during the nights on which Laylat ul-Qadr is likely to be. This calls for abandoning many worldly pleasures in order to secure the time and thoughts solely for worshipping Allah. `A'ishah (radhiallahu `anha) reported:

"When the (last) ten started, the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) would tighten his izaar (i.e. he stayed away from his wives in order to have more time for worship), spend the whole night awake (in prayer), and wake up his family." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

And she said:

"Allah's Messenger (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) used to exert more (in worship) on the last ten than on other nights."[Muslim]

Comment

Link me Link me Link me

Interesting stuff!!

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Here's another one, it's called "Peace Until Fajr," excerpted from Manaar As-Sabeel
            Al-Muntada Al-Islami

In each of the daily prayer we offer, we solemnly declare to Allah, Iyyaka na’budu (You alone do we worship). While the intelligent and committed believer realizes that his very lifestyle spells worship, he knows, remembering the words of our Prophet (pbuh) that Du’aa’ (supplication) is worship [Tirmidhi, Abu Daud].

Allah, the Most Merciful, has encouraged the believers to take advantage of certain times during the year to make du’aa’. Such an occasion presents itself annually during Ramadan — especially on the Lailatul Qadr, the Night of Power. On this night, the single most important event in human history unfolded as, after the Glorious Quran was preserved in the Protected Tablet, Jibril descended with the blessed book to reveal it, upon Allah’s command, to His Messenger (pbuh). Accentuating its significance, Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la says, "And how would you know (the value of the) Night of Qadr?" [97:2] So valuable is this Night of Qadr that the Quran devotes a special surah to it. "Lailatul Qadr is better than a thousand months." [97:3]. This one night surpasses the value of 30,000 nights. The most authentic account of the occurrence of the Night indicates that it can occur on any one of the last ten, odd-numbered nights of Ramadan. The fact that the exact night is unknown reflects Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la's will in keeping it hidden. Indeed, the Prophet (pbuh) was prevented from telling us its precise time. One day, he came out to tell the companions the exact night. On the way he saw two men arguing with each other. By the will of Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la, he(pbuh)forgot and subsequently remembered it. Afterwards the Prophet (pbuh) was instructed not to divulge this information. "Had I been allowed," he (pbuh) remarked once, "I would have told you (of its exact time)." [Ahmad] The Almighty in His wisdom kept this hidden from us for many reasons. Perhaps He Subhana Wa' Taa'la wants us to strive hard in our worship during the last ten days of Ramadan so that we don’t become lazy, worshipping hard on just that one night and denying ourselves the benefit of doing the same on the other nights. "Had people not left their salah except for that (one) night, I would have informed you (of its exact date)." [Al-Tabarani] The sincere believer who worries day and night about his sins and phases of neglect in his life patiently awaits the onset of Ramadan. During it he hopes to be forgiven by Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la, for past sins, knowing that the Prophet(pbuh) promised that all who bear down during the last ten days shall have all their sins forgiven. To achieve this, he remembers the Prophet's(pbuh) advice in different sayings wherein he used words like "seek", "pursue," "search", and "look hard" for Lailatul Qadr. Moreover, Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la, and His Prophet (pbuh) provided us some signs of its occurrence. Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la describes the night as "..peace until the rise of the morn." [97:5] In various sayings, the Prophet (pbuh) described the night as serene, tranquil, and peaceful. The sun at sunrise would appear reddish and without its normal blazing and sharp rays. The Prophet(pbuh) added that "the angel of earth on that night of Qadr will be more numerous than all the pebbles of the earth."

What should one do during the last ten days in pursuit of Lailatul Qadr? The devoted servant of Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la makes these nights alive with prayer, reading and reflecting on Quran. He makes du’aa’ to Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la, penitently beseeching Him(SWT) for His(SWT) forgivness. He is inspired by the Prophet’s (pbuh) words, "Our Lord, most Exalted, Most High comes down to the lowest heaven during the last third of each night and announces (reassuringly): Whoever makes du’aa’, I shall answer it. Whoever asks (for something halal) I shall grant it; and whoever seeks forgiveness, I shall forgive him." [Bukhari] The believer, conscious of Allah Suhana Wa' Taa'la, and their sins, will continue to beseech Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la, in and out of prayer, during his prostration. For a time, the only concern will be cleansing oneself of the forgetfulness that this life propagates in one’s heart, the sins that accumulate, darkening the heart, making it insensitive to disobeying Allah Suhana Wa' Taa'la. He begs Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la, to keep him away from misfortunes in this world, the punishment of the grave, and the torment of Hell. He asks Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la to make him patient and steadfast in struggling to maintain his Islam in this world and asks Him (SWT) to overlook his shortcomings, periods of laziness and neglect. Sincere devotion on that night will render the believer forgetful of the time, until he is surprised by the Adhan of Fajr. After Fajr, as the sun creeps above the horizon, reddish and weak in its appearance, without any rays, the effort at night will have been worthwhile. The believer rejoices, knowing that this was quite possibly Lailatul Qadr and "whoever stays up (in prayer and remembrance of Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la) on the Night of Qadr fully believing (in Allah’s (SWT) promise of reward for that night) and hoping to seek reward (from Allah Subhana Wa' Taa'la alone and not from people), he shall be forgiven for his past sins." [Bukhari, Muslim]

Comment

CocoNut, did you get the link I sent you in a PM? Just wondering!

------------------
              Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
              "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Munni & Mesmerizing Mystique,

JazaakumAllaah khairun to you both for posting the useful information. I'm sure everyone found it beneficial.

Wassalaam

----------------
                "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

ad-Dukhan 44:2

Pickthall
                  By the Scripture that maketh plain

Yusufali
                  By the Book that makes things clear

Shakir
                  I swear by the Book that makes manifest (the truth).

Sher Ali
                  By this perspicuous Book.

Do we agree that the 'topic' of discussion is 'The Book' which is 'QURAN'?

ad-Dukhan 44:3

Pickthall
                  Lo! We revealed it on a blessed night - Lo! We are ever warning

Yusufali
                  We sent it down during a Blessed Night: for We (ever) wish to warn (against Evil).

Shakir
                  Surely We revealed it on a blessed night surely We are ever warning

Sher Ali
                  Truly, WE revealed it in a blessed night. Truly, WE have ever been warning.

We are told 'it' (The Quran) was revealed on 'a blessed night'. Not THE blessed night as Yusufali's capitilization of 'Blessed Night' might suggest.

ad-Dukhan 44:4

Pickthall
                  Whereon every wise command is made clear

Yusufali
                  In the (Night) is made distinct every affair of wisdom,

Shakir
                  Therein every wise affair is made distinct,

Sher Ali
                  Therein are decided all matters of wisdom

Only Yusufali inserts (Night) in his translation.

What 'wise affairs' are 'made distinct' in a night?

Clearly Allah is still talking about the 'topic' which is the Quran in which all affairs of wisdom "Amr'in Hakeem" are made distinct.

Ya Sin 36:2
                  "Val Quran-il-Hakeem"

Pickthall
                  By the wise Qur'an,

Yusufali
                  By the Qur'an, full of Wisdom

Shakir
                  I swear by the Quran full of wisdom

Sher Ali
                  By the Qur'an, full of wisdom

Hence that night is blessed ONLY because Allah decided to reveal the Quran, full of wisdom, in the night.

Allah Knows Best.
                  -----------------------------------------------
                  These are GOD's revelations that we recite to you truthfully. In which Hadith other than GOD and His revelations do they believe?(45:6)

[This message has been edited by PakistaniAbroad (edited November 03, 2001).]
                  JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Can someone post events dated to this Holy night. I know its on the last 10 days of Ramadan and Allah (SWT) comes down from the 7th sky to the first to listen to our heart felt prayers.
                    Well that is interesting. People criticize Sufism of being a corruption of Islam, on the other hand people define that Allah come down from the 7th sky. How is this possible, if Allah is no medium, has no place, etc etc.

Anyone to help??

------------------
                    • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
                    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PakistaniAbroad:

Yusufali
                        In the (Night) is made distinct every affair of wisdom,

Shakir
                        Therein every wise affair is made distinct,

Only Yusufali inserts (Night) in his translation.

What 'wise affairs' are 'made distinct' in a night?

Clearly Allah is still talking about the 'topic' which is the Quran in which all affairs of wisdom "Amr'in Hakeem" are made distinct.
                        PA, are you suggesting that the word "Therein" in 44:4 refers to the Qur'an?

Iqbal

Comment

PA?

Comment

I do believe that the subject of these verses is the Qur'an and the amrin hakim were made distinct in the Qur'an.
                            JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

As i see it, according to you Yusuf Ali was incorrect for inserting "night" into the translation of verse 4, such that we get something like "Therein (in that night) every wise affair is made distinct."

If the word "Therein" is not referring to the blessed "night" mentioned in verse 3, what word in these opening lines of Surah 44 is it pointing to?

Iqbal

Comment

Working...
                              X