Americans Muslims and Halal food.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americans Muslims and Halal food.....

Why is it that most American muslims tend to eat haram meat, they say as long as its not pork its halal.... they're not really bothered about it being slaughtered propperly, every time my american cousins come here to england they eat haram burgers n everyting, i think its jus' so digusting...

whats wrong with u bladdy american muslims???

no man, muslims of america are not all like that,,,i dont eat haram meat mashallah...you have good and bad ppl every where...i am sure there are some british muslmis who eat non zabih meat aswell...

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzaada:
      Why is it that most American muslims tend to eat haram meat, they say as long as its not pork its halal.... they're not really bothered about it being slaughtered propperly, every time my american cousins come here to england they eat haram burgers n everyting, i think its jus' so digusting...

whats wrong with u bladdy american muslims???
      they believe in a westernized version of islam...

God bless u all...

DerVaisH

------------------
      muhabatein theen kabhi apne dermian kitni...
      bicha gaye hai anna hum mein doorian kitni...
      abhi to toota hai dil hi teri judai mein...
      girein gi hum pe abhi aur bijlian kitni...

Comment

Originally posted by ^DerVaisH^:
        they believe in a westernized version of islam...

God bless u all...

DerVaisH
        How U know and believe that?

Comment

Shehzaada,

First of all, don't generalize. Secondly, have you ever made a sincere effort to educate yourself and those around you in regards to this issue...moreover, it may seem disgusting to you, but in my eyes pride is pretty disgusting too and people shouldn't take it upon themselves to be so judgemental. After all Allah swt has given us the freedom to decide, and the intellect with which to reason, and who are we to scorn the actions of His creation, while we are ourselves only but few of the multitude known as His creation.

Comment

GFQ, word right out of my mouth....

Comment

i have friends in america....
              some of them eat anything that comes there way and others refrain from HARAM food....
              but every person has his own deeds to llok at....

but i wud agree, not only muslims in america, but muslims in any non-muslim state do commit such mistakes and the reason is that they r away from a muslim society....

and we must have all heard "out of sigh, of mind"....
              Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Use a thinner brush Shehzada

[This message has been edited by PakistaniAbroad (edited November 01, 2001).]
                JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

I heard about a fatwa in a dallas mosque allowing Muslims to eat haram meat. I don't know there resoning, but has anyone else heard of this?

Comment

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound discussing this topic?

This is an example of the religous fanaticism that Western societies don't understand. I have absolutely no idea what Haram meat is, but don't you recognize that those beliefs were put in the Quaran centuries ago because at the time the religious scholars believed it was in the best interest of the public health? Religion, like government, is merely a tool to protect, control and provide order to the masses.

Do you honestly believe that a just and merciful God would consider eating certain things, or things that are prepared a certain way, a sin?

I don't mean to belittle your beliefs, but WAKE UP. Although many muslims seem to believe that westerners are ignorant, the truth is just the opposite. We use the brains God gave us to make up our own minds.

That's how a society progresses instead of living in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu:
                      Do you realize how ridiculous you sound discussing this topic?
                      Ibrahim says: Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you talk without knowledge?

Here find out who wrote this ?

Injunction found in the Hindu scriptures concerning meat .

"[Vali:] 'Only five among the five-clawed creatures can be eaten by Brahmans and Ksatriyas, Raghava: the hedgehog, the porcupine, the lizard, the rabbit, and fifth, the turtle.' " -- Ramayana 4:17:34.

A very similar injunction is found in the Vaisnava dharmasastra:

"If a man has (unawares) eaten meat of a five-toed animal, with the exception of the hare, the porcupine, the iguana, the rhinoceros, and the tortoise, he must fast for seven days." -- Visnusmrti 51:6.

Injunction concerning meat found in the Bible

Genesis 9

1. Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.

2. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands.

3. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

4. "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.

Ibrahim says; hence the laws given to Prophet Noah (pbuh) was very clear the slaughter must be done in such a manner that it must be “Halal” , failing which it should not be eaten.

Incidentally current research identifies Prophet Noah (pbuh) as the 7th Manu in Hindu scriptures , hence the Hindus had the same laws but since they had altered their scriptures they have end up deluding themselves.

The meat that was approved for consumption were (for jews and christians) :-

Leviticus 11

1. The LORD said to Moses and Aaron,
                      2. "Say to the Israelites: `Of all the animals that live on land, these are the ones you may eat:
                      3. You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud.
                      4. "`There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you.
                      5. The coney, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you.
                      6. The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you.
                      7. And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you.
                      8. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

9. "`Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fins and scales.
                      10. But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales--whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water--you are to detest.
                      11. And since you are to detest them, you must not eat their meat and you must detest their carcasses.

Do you honestly believe that a just and merciful God would consider eating certain things, or things that are prepared a certain way, a sin?
                      Ibrahim says; The blind ever keep wandering and wondering, can anyone blame them?

Discipline is a kind of order that sets you free to fly

I don't mean to belittle your beliefs, but WAKE UP. Although many muslims seem to believe that westerners are ignorant, the truth is just the opposite. We use the brains God gave us to make up our own minds. That's how a society progresses instead of living in the past.

Ibrahim says; you mean by making it up yourself and discarding what you do not like in your scriptures and ending up in hell because you decided it was alright?

True security lies not in the things that one has, but in the things that one can do without

Comment

Ibrahim says; you mean by making it up yourself and discarding what you do not like in your scriptures and ending up in hell because you decided it was alright?

No, I just recognize the foolishness of the belief that someone would go to hell for eating the meat of "a five toed animal" or anything else. I know for a fact that God would never be so fickle. Those words were written by men (not God) centuries ago to provide people with an explanation for what they did not understand, and put rules in place that would protect and soothe them, nothing more.

-Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu:
                          No, I just recognize the foolishness of the belief that someone would go to hell for eating the meat of "a five toed animal" or anything else.
                          Ibrahim says: Like I said can anyone be blamed for the blind doing what they like? On the other hand educated people can recognize that the message given to all generations have been consistent.

Meaning some foods was approved and others were disapproved . Now only the Creator would best know such things and When the Creator conveyed it to mankind and some tom, dick and Harry decided they will do what they like , should it bother the educated?

I know for a fact that God would never be so fickle.

Ibrahim says: You mean when God reveals that you obey his guidance it is ficle or you should not consume blood , it is fickle or you should not consume things that may be a hazard to your health it is fickle?

Those words were written by men (not God) centuries ago to provide people with an explanation for what they did not understand, and put rules in place that would protect and soothe them, nothing more.
                          Ibrahim says: you mean God told you so or you mean you know for sure the Qur’an was written by man and not revealed by God?

As I said do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you talk without knowledge?

wisdom we know is the knowledge of good and evil – not the strength to choose between the two

apparently you seem to lack both .

Comment

I noticed that too.

I've got cousins in LA, and they happily eat haraam burgers and pizzas with haraam meat etc.

I never did understand why they do that.

Comment

Hey ppl Salaam. Ok my experience is same also, but I must stress this does not mean ALL american muslims eat haram food. Two years ago my best friend and I did a tour of the US from NY, NJ, Washington to my mates cousins in a town called Witchita in Kansas, the family were very americanise, very nice welcoming family, and Sara auntie made a lovey supper for us, but I had to ask my mate to ask them whether it was halal! Very embarassing it was too.
                              My other point is this, it is very difficult for muslims to label something haram when it is actually halal, by this I mean if for example I saw someone eating a chicken, from say KFC I cant say its is haram, because saying this can be shirk (i.e. making chicken haram),however I can say in all probability it may be haram and will not eat it, I thnk it depends on what school of thought you're from, here in UK I've seen many arab men eat 'haram' food, but to them it is food of the people of the book, and hence halal. I hope I havent confused anyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X