Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nisfu Shaban aka Shab e Baraat

Yeah its tonight Oct 31 2001
    As far as I know its the middle of shaban and nothing more.
    Why do people make it a holy night?
    Is there any significance to it?

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

AoA, take a look at
    http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/003831.html

and also islam-qa.com/fatwa-online.com

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

Comment

To Saadia and others inquiring about this topic,

I found another source stating otherwise. Kindly refer to IMAGE GALLERY and read what I have taken a picture of from a book.

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

AoA, yea i did read a or two frm Trimidhee, but i thikn it said, its a weak (da'eef) hadith. So not so sure about it . Last night, I did look for ahadith related to 15th Shaban in Bukhari, Muslim but i couldn't find anything on the 15th except for the reward one gets for fasting in Shaban.

Comment

From the aayahs, ahaadeeth and scholarly opinions quoted above, it is clear to the seeker of truth that celebrating the middle of Sha’baan by praying on that night or in any other way, or by singling out that day for fasting, is a bid’ah which is denounced by most of the scholars. It has no basis in the pure sharee’ah; rather it is one of the things that was innovated in Islam after the time of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them). It is sufficient for the seeker of truth, in this case and in others, to know the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you…”[al-Maa’idah 5:3]

Posting this not for argument sake, but this is one take on it. This is what I follow as well.
          "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Working...
          X