Sunna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunna

This is a real question: I have to make a choice between a new Sonicare electric toothbrush, recommended by my dentist and the Sunnah of Rasool Allah, using the wooden sticks to clean teeth. Any suggestions?

The miswak.

And while ur at it, start dieting on dates and bread--also sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Logic User:
      This is a real question: I have to make a choice between a new Sonicare electric toothbrush, recommended by my dentist and the Sunnah of Rasool Allah, using the wooden sticks to clean teeth. Any suggestions?
      Well both clean your teeth, cleanliness in itself is sunnah. So take your pick, no harm in using modern day technology versus miswak. Its the same outcome

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
      Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by Logic User:
        This is a real question:
        I believe you.

You can do both. Miswak is a sunnah and if you have the belief then you would definitely get cured coz cure comes from Allah not from things. Hence, would you prefer getting reward or not? Also, you would be recommended to use toothbrush if there is a chance that you might die because of the bad breath.

Comment

Hi

I would just like to add that a miswak, as you keep using, the strands or fibers naturally break away and the miswak keeps shortening with use ...... compared to the brush which needs to be replaced once in 3 months.... So which do u suppose is more hygenic ?? Miswak is thus better

Comment

D500S,

The literature with the machine says that it brushes several hundred times faster and better than the manual method. Do you still recommend the miswak method?

Comment

I didn't know there were Sonicare toothbrushes back in those times!

The Sunnah is "Cleaning your teeth".. not miswak.

Clean your teeth. You'll be happy to know you are following a Sunnah.. as if you really care!

------------------
              These are GOD's revelations that we recite to you truthfully. In which Hadith other than GOD and His revelations do they believe?(45:6)
              JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

nvmnd.

[This message has been edited by X_Communist (edited October 30, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                X