Tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tattoos

Are tattoos permissible in Islam? What about piercings?

------------------
    I hurt myself today
    To see if I still feel
    I focus on the pain
    The only thing that's real
    - NIN

Anything harmful or that is disfiguring your god give body is not permissable.

Permanent Tatoos what good are they? can you tell me? they hurt like hell when you get em, you bleed, you get swollen and that mark you just got cost money and lasts a lifetime. Personal opinion would be to rather get a hennah stained tatoo which would stay for a while at a minimal cost and no pain at all.

Piercings depends on where you get em eh? These days people are getting them ANYWHERE. Again i'd rather just keep it to earrings and thats that. No navel no nose ring no brow ring, no tongue stud.

You know what the saying is "your body is your temple" treat it right.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Splendor:
        How about the people who get a kick out of pain (self-scarring etc)? ANd how about childbirth, that's disfiguring and painful.

Self-scarring is self mutilation. Its a psychological disease. There are a lot of symptoms before one does that to their body and varies in levels.

Child-Birth, its natural am i right? Its god given correct? Then how can you even ask that question when its a stated fact that child birth is a natural process of the life cycle and not something that man goes out of his way to do.

------------------
        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
        Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

sarah dear do stick to important questions....
          and dont pose such questions that make no sense....
          tattoos r not allowed in Islam....
          and i am 100% sure u know that very well....
          now dont ask me how i know it, cuz i wont answer u on that....

childbirth and tattoos - how in the world can u compare the two

Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Comment

what about rings other than the ear or nose,
              are they allowed?

(stick to facts and not personal opinions)

Comment

Comment

Given the number of things that are not permitted in Islam, you can always be sure that whatever you are thinking, theres a good chance that it might be haram.

------------------
                  Poisoned Hearts, Poisoned Minds// Join In Hate
                  We're Like Machines// Dead, Do Not Create
                  Sitting Docile// While All around is Rot
                  We Point Fingers// But Destruction Never Stops
                  I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
                  I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Ok, if a woman has her belly button pierced or a tattoo on her butt, but she is a Muslim & so covers herself up 'modestly' or in the 'islamic way' ... do you think anyone would notice those other than her 'mahram'? And what's wrong with that?

It all depends of intention or 'niyat'

Woman are allowed and encouraged to look good & be a woman! But not to show off in public, but for their own self! And the same is stated for men.

Tattoos are such a taboo in 'Islamic world' because of their perception. As in the west having a tattoo is considered show off your rebellious nature, your uniqueness, and being seditious. On the other hand in Pakistan, woman having their nose or ear pierced is considered (or used to anyway)traditional. Symbolic of keeping the traditions & not being rebellious.

So you will see more 'modern' or rather 'western' Pakistani girls/women not piercing their noses or ears or other parts ... until the 90s. And now itís 'in' again to pierce nose/ears/eyebrows, just cos its 'in' in the west.

p.s: yes y'all are allowed to throw your tamatar & anday at me!

[This message has been edited by ahmadjee (edited October 29, 2001).]
                    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Weldone saraha, yet another interesting post thats going to get a good response, on the subject of tatoo/peircings, I have 5 tatoos 2 down my arm, 1 on my neck, 1 on my hand, and one the most expensive,painful and recent 1 is on my shoulder blade. I know loads of muslim guys who have them. Moon & Star on the forehead is a popualar one amongst pakistanis, oh by the way I had eyebrow pierced, however because it was still not healed proply, I had an X-ray to my jaw and was in hospital it had to come out, on pain issue tatoos depending on size and amount of color, hurt more on bony parts of body, fleshier parts like arm, leg hurt far less,

------------------
                      if you cant beat the system. then go with the flow

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                          Ok, if a woman has her belly button pierced or a tattoo on her butt, but she is a Muslim & so covers herself up 'modestly' or in the 'islamic way' ... do you think anyone would notice those other than her 'mahram'? And what's wrong with that?

It all depends of intention or 'niyat'

Woman are allowed and encouraged to look good & be a woman! But not to show off in public, but for their own self! And the same is stated for men.

Tattoos are such a taboo in 'Islamic world' because of their perception. As in the west having a tattoo is considered show off your rebellious nature, your uniqueness, and being seditious. On the other hand in Pakistan, woman having their nose or ear pierced is considered (or used to anyway)traditional. Symbolic of keeping the traditions & not being rebellious.

So you will see more 'modern' or rather 'western' Pakistani girls/women not piercing their noses or ears or other parts ... until the 90s. And now itís 'in' again to pierce nose/ears/eyebrows, just cos its 'in' in the west.

p.s: yes y'all are allowed to throw your tamatar & anday at me!

[This message has been edited by ahmadjee (edited October 29, 2001).]

Thats what I thought

Comment

Working...
                          X