and a teacher in times of confusion.

We are the deepest wisdom
    and the highest truth,
    the greatest peace
    and the grandest love.

We choose now to know ourselves
    as these things always....

-----------------------------------------

I am a 47 year old American father with 4 kids and this prayer is what we live by each and every day.
    My kids say it every night before bed and have it memorized and we want to share it with you.

------------------
    Namaste

Rusty

thanks for sharing. It reminds me of a prayer in the form of a poem we used to recite as children.

I will post it for you after I translate it,

Anyone else who reads it and has a good translation of Lab peh aati hai duaa ban keh tamanna meri, please post it
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I would love to read it.

Comment

Interesting post.

We are goodness and mercy
        and compassion and understanding.
        We are peace and joy and light.
        We are forgiveness and patience,
        strength and courage,
        a helper in time of need,
        a comforter in time of sorrow
        a healer in time of injury
        and a teacher in times of confusion.

and the highest truth,
        the greatest peace
        and the grandest love.
        Some would even say that Mr Bin Laden fits this bill.

However, we are in fact far from what you have written above. You just have to look at the human oppression and suffering on the global scale around the world and realise we are no saints. By nature man in general is defficient and weak from these characteristics. For many of these attributes are only for Allaah/God in their entirity and in their completeness. And we have no right to compare ourselves with the Creator, for verily he is Most Supreme.

kind regards

---------------------
        "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Hasnain,

I hate repeating myself, but don't be so critical.

I've never known it to be wrong to look up to an ideal, or to model one's character and actions after an ideal.

I mean isn't the essential aspect of Islam to strive, to struggle in the way of Allah swt. And what is that striving after all, but a means of nearing oneself to light of Allah swt, a quest which is seemingly unattainable, yet, most noble, and its not so much the achievement that matters however little we do achieve in this fragile life we lead..but the journey towards that achievement that matters.

Comment

Mister Fraudia, please do hurry I really want to read it

*An Impatient Nut*

Comment

Salaam sister GFQ,

Although occasionally it is neccesary to be critical, i acknowledge your point. Perhaps some of the remarks i made above were not fair or well expressed.

However ...

I mean isn't the essential aspect of Islam to strive, to struggle in the way of Allah swt.
              yes it is.

And what is that striving after all, but a means of nearing oneself to light of Allah swt
              Of course! But nearing onself to light of Allaah through righteous actions, and not through obtaining Godly Attributes.

...a quest which is seemingly unattainable ...
              yes most unattainable, if it is by trying to reach such Godly Attributes, but not if it is through righteous actions. Allaah (SWT) does not burden a soul more than it can bear. So lets try and be realistic about what man is capable of achieving.

kind regards,
              Wassalaam

----------------
              "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Of course! But nearing onself to light of Allaah through righteous actions, and not through obtaining Godly Attributes.
                Is it just me, or is that statement a little oxymoronic?

Mister, I'd like you to go over the ninety nine attributes of Allah swt, and tell me whats wrong with us mortals in trying to achieve them? That is our purpose in this world, to be merciful to those that surround us, to show compassion, to show strength, to be patient. Allah swt is beyond anything human, and I am in no way implying that mere mortals, insignificant humans such as us should aspire to ...uff i don't even want to say it, la hawla wala quwata illah billahil aleeyul azeem.

yes most unattainable, if it is by trying to reach such Godly Attributes, but not if it is through righteous actions. Allaah (SWT) does not burden a soul more than it can bear. So lets try and be realistic about what man is capable of achieving.
                You know, making up arguments for the sake of avoiding acknowledgement that you may have been wrong, isn't particularly appealing to me, and it does not impress me at all.

I don't think there's anything wrong with believing in an ideal, nor for that matter is there anything wrong with going after that ideal. No matter how unattainable it may be, its the quest itself that matters, its the journey not the destination. Now perhaps I'm to quixotic for your sensibilities, but I believe that this the essence of our faith, to believe in those ideals, and to strive for those ideals as a means of better ourselves and nearing ourselves to the noor of Allah swt; whether it be through our 'righteous actions' or our genuine desires, sincere words, and good intentions.

Comment

Dear sister,

Sure, we too can try and aqcuire such Attributes, and inded can acquire them, but on a far lower level.

I was refering to statements such as:

and the highest truth
                  Anyway ... i'm sorry for having uncapped my pen.

salaam

Comment

Thank you for your kindness Girl from Quraysh.

Does anyone have the english translation of
                    Lab peh aati hai duaa ban keh tamanna meri, that Fraudz was refering too. I sure would like to read it.

Here's our 5 simple Rules to be happy.

1. Free our heart from hatred
                    2. Free our mind from worries
                    3. Live simply
                    4. Give more
                    5. Expect less

by the way I love eastern music, it touches my soul, I have a craving to hear more. what are some good artist and recordings.

Comment

Working...
                    X