Eating the habits ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eating the habits ...

One of the reason I have often heard about not eating Pork is that humans acquire the habits or rather impressions of habits ... of the food they eat.

Is it true?

Scientifically?

And then what about eating plants then?
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

I believe its a myth.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Muslims don't eat pig as it is made Haram by Allah (swt) and not because it is dirty or people would become like him. Even if there is scientific proof that we won't become like pig, it will remain Haram.

Comment

Khan Sahib,

Indeed Pig stays haram ... no question about it. And I think I believe in the theory that we might get some characteristics of the food that we eat.

I will have to look into it and post it here. Just thought maybe someone else already has some info.
        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I've heard similar stuff:

Pig--bey hayaii, careless about surroundings.

I'm not sure of the islamic back-up for this tho.

Comment

I know about these bey hayaii and all that but these are myths. This is one of the reason I don't agree with some of the Tableeghi nisaab and Tableeghi jamaat. They make stories and sometime even relate it with prophet (saw) saying that there intention is good. It might be good to convince people and might be right for one culture but once they are spread in different culture they don't make any sense making look Islam bad.

Comment

What is bey-hayaii?
              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

KS--I said I heard, not I believe. Myths or not, it's still haraam.

Ahamdjee-bey-haya-ee. Bey-sharam?!

Comment

ahmadjee, woh hee wali bay-hayii jis ko kehtay heiN kay woh to "aghiyar meiN gharq hoee"

X-communist, I didn't intend to target you and sorry if u support TJs.

Comment

Hum ... :~$ They sure are bay-hayaa!
                    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Nah, not a supporter.

I have a question tho:

If something is declared 'haraam', should we, as humans, be questioning the why's and who's of it? I mean, if it's haraam, it's haraam. Why scrutinize the factors that come along as we evolve?

Sorry if that's not clear but what I mean is, should we really question these myths (or beliefs in some cases) when we know that no matter what, pork is haraam?

Comment

I always question.

Not because of my rebellious nature (ok, so maybe somewhat) but because, Allah has said that everything prohibited or encouraged has its reasons.

Then why not look for those reasons & benefit from them!
                        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I heard the following. Perhaps someone else has more knowledge about this subject:

In ancient times, say the time of Hazrat Musa, with no form of refrigeration, it was very often that people that ate pork would get very sick from it. Particularly with tape worms. Jewish law and Jewish tradition made eating pig meat "haram." Pig meat can spoil fast and must always be cooked completely to kill pathogens. The Arabic tradition followed the ancient tradition and like many other Jewish concepts, this law also became part of Islamic tradition and Islamic law.

When I started my undergraduate education in the United States, like all good Muslims, I was deathly concerned about consuming pig meat products in the college cafeteria or elsewhere. I was not sure what would happen to me if I ate it.

One day in the cafeteria, a Bangladeshi friend asked me with great surprise why I was eating pork sausage for breakfast if I was a Muslim. It dawned on me then that I had been consuming the pork sausage daily for breakfast for over a year, thinking that it was beef.

Comment

How can anyone eat the meat of an animal that eats it's own feces? I have been out to the slaughter houses in Chino, California and seen them (from a distance) They are vile and vulgor animals. ewwwwww!!!

And scientifically speaking~ undercooked pork does lead to tapeworms. Amazing how we have had this knowledge for centuries, yet people ignore it.

------------------
                            Share your experiences - they cost you nothing but will make us all richer.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                              I always question.
                              Not because of my rebellious nature (ok, so maybe somewhat)
                              Ibrahim says; Ahmadjee…….But why are you unable to accept the answers when you have been advised of it? When does this rebellious nature seize and will be willing to accept what is clearly evident?

but because, Allah has said that everything prohibited or encouraged has its reasons. Then why not look for those reasons & benefit from them!
                              Ibrahim says; Good to know you are only trying to learn, but people who are rebellious end up twisting them according to their fancies ( rebellious intent within their hearts and minds) . And indeed Allah (swt) revealed as to why it was forbidden in the Qur’an itself ( just as it was revealed in earlier times in earlier scriptures) but people lack the wisdom in comprehending such matters . Going any further would have led them into disbelieve , thus some matters are kept vague and those who have wisdom will comprehend them whilst those who lack it may not.

Let me make this simple for you, the evil characteristics that Allah (swt) did not want, as being part of human nature, were given life in the form of some animals ( dogs , pigs, apes) for man to observe and redirect themselves.

They are created as an example for us to avoid and they being originally humans gone astray are forbidden to be looked at (mentioned in earlier scripture), touched ( recorded in the Bible as well) or eaten.

2: 65 And well ye knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath; We said to them: "Be ye apes despised and rejected."

5: 60 Say: "Shall I point out to you something much worse than this (as judged) by the treatment it received from Allah? Those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath those of whom some He transformed into apes and swine those who worshipped Evil; these are (many times) worse in rank and far more astray from the even Path!

7: 166 When in their insolence they transgressed (all) prohibition We said to them: "Be ye apes despised and rejected."

When Allah (swt) revealed this kind of information to earlier generations , they took this to mean, that there was “reincarnation for mankind” (karma theory believed by Hindus) and that is how Hindus invented their reincarnation theories from verses which revealed what Allah (swt) had done to some folks who exhibited such characteristics as that of the pig or dog.

Wisdom is an essence, it is not an idea, not even a thought

Comment

Working...
                              X