Voluntary fasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voluntary fasts?

Just have a few queries regarding this, would really appreciate any feedback... is the niyat/intention different for voluntary and mandatory fasts? If so, in what ways? I think I read somewhere that we are allowed to keep as many voluntary fasts as we wish provided we keep them every other day - is that accurate?

Thanks in advance for any help

Prophet used to wake up early and asked his wife if there was something to eat and when his wife said there is nothing to eat then he used to say "I am fasting". In case of fasting you don't have to say it but just make neyat in your heart that you are fasting a nafil roza (fast). It is different in case of Hajj when you have to say the neyat properly.

We are allowed to fast as many days as we can apart from Eid day. Women are spared from fasting during a certain period of month. If you are not fasting consecutive days then it is better not to fast on Friday. Prophet used to fast during middle of the month. It is also said that Angels come on Monday so if you are fasting on that day and then they visit on Thursday. Hence, if you only fast these two days you get the sawab of fasting the whole week.

Comment

Thank you, Khan Sahib, that was extremely helpful. I really appreciate it, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X