Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we need Religion

can anyone explain why we need religion

What we really need, is to investigate and find out, our purpose in life and for what reason we have been created.

And ultimately it is religion (Islaam) which answers these queries and helps us to understand our role, while guiding us through life.

---------------------
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

And ultimately it is religion (Islaam) which answers these queries and helps us to understand our role, while guiding us through life.
      ================================================== ========================================
      What is Religion???
      Belief, Truth, Faith, constitution.
      If Belief in the Creator is the criteria then there are Other religions as well. I think all the religions do address all the questions.
      I think religion is the system of belief and a complex social group created by man.
      Religion is something concerned to the mental state of the human. To live you do not require religion, like all the animals do not have any religion.
      Which is the best religion? That's the most controversial question. The answer is today's blood bath.

Comment

We need religion so that the people can be divided into two groups, from each religion's perspective: the believers and non-believers. And then there can be some halla-gulla like some people killing people from other religions and hating them and making their lives miserable. So, in the end, some people can go to paradise and others to hell.

The point is I have no idea why we need religion.

Why were we created? Did we ask to be created? I might be wrong but I have heard/read somewhere that all the souls of would-be human beings were in existance at the time that world was created? Is this true? What does it mean?

And then why is a sin, a sin? So many of the sins mentioned in Islam are those which are the natural inclinations of human beings and only bring pleasure to them. So whats the point?

------------------
        Poisoned Hearts, Poisoned Minds// Join In Hate
        We're Like Machines// Dead, Do Not Create
        Sitting Docile// While All around is Rot
        We Point Fingers// But Destruction Never Stops
        I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
        I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Originally posted by Humanity:
          can anyone explain why we need religion
          May be few miniscule % do not need any one religion to lead a civilized,crime free,socially acceptable ,productive ,kind,charitable ,kind,empathetic sympathetic,caring individual of society.Just as few talented ppl. dont need TRAINING /EDUCATION to become writer,singer,actor,musician,poet, etc

But such born talent is in less than1% of us.

The rest of us need some sort of program to take the anology of software computers.Now to true believers it would be a wrong anology but for the doubtfull like humanity ,just to make it simple i gave this crude example.

Essentially among the major religions ,there is no differencess as far as cardinal sins are concerned & only vary in rituals being different.

------------------

Chin-o-arab hamaara
          hindostaan hamaara
          muslim hai hum, vatan hai saara jahaan hamaara

Comment

Originally posted by Victory:
            ================================================== ========================================
            What is Religion???
            Belief, Truth, Faith, constitution.
            If Belief in the Creator is the criteria then there are Other religions as well. I think all the religions do address all the questions.
            I think religion is the system of belief and a complex social group created by man.
            Religion is something concerned to the mental state of the human. To live you do not require religion, like all the animals do not have any religion.
            Which is the best religion? That's the most controversial question. The answer is today's blood bath.
            Victory ,

You are a true aethist ,no matter what you call yourself.You dont believe in any religion b/c if it is man made it isnt religion according to believers.

I would also not agree that religion has caused blood bath.Yes there are so many religions but it is the ADHERENTS OF RELIGION THAT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BLOOD BATH NOT RELIGION.

In any subdivision & not only b/c of religion but due to nationality ,language ,rascial differenceses there is BLOOD BATH
            ww1 ww2,was fought not due to religuionbut nationalism ,another form of identity.

Ideological ,NOT religious Vietnam ,Korean,Panama,Granada,Haiti,these were not religious.Even mid east palestenian & israeli is not religous & neither is India Pakistan .THEY ARE FARMORE POLITICAL THAN RELIGIOUS ,think about it & it will be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch:
              We need religion so that the people can be divided into two groups, from each religion's perspective: the believers and non-believers. And then there can be some halla-gulla like some people killing people from other religions and hating them and making their lives miserable. So, in the end, some people can go to paradise and others to hell.

The point is I have no idea why we need religion.

Why were we created? Did we ask to be created? I might be wrong but I have heard/read somewhere that all the souls of would-be human beings were in existance at the time that world was created? Is this true? What does it mean?

And then why is a sin, a sin? So many of the sins mentioned in Islam are those which are the natural inclinations of human beings and only bring pleasure to them. So whats the point?

So many things mentioned SIN in islam bring pleasure humans"........SCARATCH

SCRATCH,

As i said in previus two post,you need religion to steer you away from trappings & pitfalls.B/c ultimately the good of society ,is what religion has as its END.

If we all just indulged in pleasures ,which did happen several times in prehistoric & more recent tmes the consequenceses to the society have been devastating.If adulterous sex was not sin in ALL reigion (AND DONT THINK ONLY IN ISLAM) in the past has lead to epidemic of venereal diseases sexualy transmitted diseases ,*******s born out of wed lock ,women abused not given proper place as wife b/c sanctity & COMPULSION of religion to first marry provided by all religion was not there.

If you think free sex & all that gives you momentary pleasure should be unrestricted then you havent thaught of the chaos,mayheim,anarchy,lawlessness that would result.May be you might not be as senseless thnk of 75% or even 50% of irresponsible ,unruly animalistic ppl. let loose without any chain of moral moorings .

------------------

Chin-o-arab hamaara
              hindostaan hamaara
              muslim hai hum, vatan hai saara jahaan hamaara

Comment

I think the religions came about to answer the fundamental questions that humans have been asking ever since consciousness evolved. Questions like what happens to me when I die, why things happen the way they do and who created me and the universe. To answer these questions, various wise men and their followers developed religions. This is the beginning of all religions. Religions have evolved over time to include different concepts and rituals, including issues related to behavior and morality. Islam seems to have taken the religions a step further by trying to establish a blueprint for a perfect society rooted in the Arabic culture.

There is no direct link between morality and organized religions and cults. All religions, including Islam, teach good morality. Good morality can exist independent of any belief in a supernatural power. However, good morality can't exist without proper education.

Modern objective study of life and our physical universe has not shown any evidence of a supernatural consciousness in the universe. To many Muslims, this concept is beyond one's ability to swallow.

What science leads us to is a truth that is not acceptable to most humans. Life on planet earth came about through a series of probabilistic combinations. Life has and continues to evolve. As far as we know, through the humans, the universe has become aware of its own existence. There are many planets in the universe and it is probable that life is evolving on other planets also.

For the most part, these ancient explanations of life and existence have attached themselves to mankind and like a terrible skin infection, one can't get rid of these ideas. A Muslim child is taught to believe that his or her very existence and prosperity is attached to a belief in a supernatural entity and its so called teachings. The child makes an emotional bond with the supernatural entity.

Christianity and Islam have been particularly successful as religions. Christianity grew thanks to the Roman Empire. Islam, thanks to its warring and conquering founders and followers.

Comment

You either Believe or you Don't Believe.

It's as simple as that.

No big arguments justifying why you should or why you shouldn't.

Every Civilisation as followed some form of Religious System from the beginning of Creation. Whether its' Worshipping Sun, Sea, Sand, Moon, Money, Women or whatever!, people have always followed something.

Even Atheists of today, they don't acknowledge a God, but still follow their own Belief System. Because they BELIEVE that their is NO Creator, this in itself becomes a Religion!

It's a very simple logic.

Comment

A believer's belief system is rooted in a BLIND FAITH. You have a BLIND FAITH in the truthfulness of everything written in a holy book. You already have the answers and they are FIXED! After that, you try to prove them with some "mumbo jumbo" science and logic. The scientific process doesn't work that way! You jump on any small shred of news that helps you prove what is written in the book. Believing in something blindly is completely illogical.

Comment

Religion is programming of mind.

Somewhere it is liberal, somewhere conservative and in many cases it is satanic.

Whynot to reject any programming and better not harm anyone?

Comment

Anand

Are you a Hindu.

Yes or No.

Comment

yeah thats wati think so.
                          or he must be a programming creek guy

------------------
                          Love is like Heaven but it may hurt you like hell.

Comment

I don't know much, but I do know that Islam brings about an immense feeling of brotherhood in the world.

Though this not always practiced in rality, but when it does happen, its an immense and amazing feeling.

Being Muslim is like having a second nationality that comprises pretty much the entire world.

Comment

Originally posted by Taj2001:
                              I don't know much, but I do know that Islam brings about an immense feeling of brotherhood in the world.

Though this not always practiced in rality, but when it does happen, its an immense and amazing feeling.

Being Muslim is like having a second nationality that comprises pretty much the entire world.
                              Once again the same thing. Its brotherhood among Muslims and feelings of no brotherhood for those who are non-muslims but are incidentlly humans. Why cant we have humanity as our religion?

Someone said in some other thread: Did God want us to fight?
                              Well, if you see all the elements are there for fighting. Would humans be involved in sins if shaitan was not there? But he is here and was created by God. Wasn't he?

So the point is, religion is needed because God wants it. Its His world. Its His plan. And we have to follow it. Thats it.
                              I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
                              I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Working...
                              X