Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touching the Noble Quraan without Wudhu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touching the Noble Quraan without Wudhu...

I was jus' wonderin, r we allowed to read an English translation of the Quraan without wudhu and are girls allowed to read it when there on their periods...

i need to know cus one of my non-muslim freinds wants a copy.

As far as my memory goes... I remember my Islamic studies teacher saying "Boys! you can touch any religious book without making waddu as long as it has translated text more in proportion than the original arabic verses".

I don't know about that Girls wala thing.

Yes you can give a copy to non-muslims to read.

------------------
    Who are these kids and why are they calling me dad?

Comment

Assalaamu 'alaykum,

As EmptyBrain pointed out, if the book is an Arabic-English translation, then wadhoo is not required, according to the stronger opinion insha'Allaah.

In the case of a mensturating woman, then she should not touch an Arabic-English translation of the Qur'aan, as she is in a state of greater impurity that necessitates Ghusl (to purify oneself through bathing). This is in contrast to the earlier state of not maintaining wadhoo, which is the state of lesser impurity and does not require ghusl, but rather wadhoo in order to purify oneself.

With regards to giving an Arabic-English text of the Qur'aan to a non-Muslim, then again there is a difference of opinion in this. I asked this question to two Saudi scholars: Shaikh Abdur-Razaak ibn Muhsin al-'Abbaad (of Madeenah) and Shaikh Saad as-Shwairikh (of Riyadh). They both said that it was not permissible to give a non-Muslim a translation of the Qur'aan with Arabic text, simply becuase they may mistreat it and disrespect it. But they said it was okay to give them a translation with just the English text insha'Allaah.

[Also the thing is that with non-Muslims, they may not realise the state of purity that needs to be fulfilled before they touch the translated book. That is to say, if they are in a state of greater impurity].

... and Allaah knows best.

Wassalaam

----------------
      "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

[This message has been edited by Hasnain (edited October 18, 2001).]

Comment

Who cares!!

Comment

Can someone please point out the verses from Quran or a refrence from triditions of Holy Prophet (saw) what is being claimed here?

Thanks.
          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
            Can someone please point out the verses from Quran or a refrence from triditions of Holy Prophet (saw) what is being claimed here?

Thanks.
            to my knowledge these are only 'scholarly opinions', I have not read any hadith or Quranic ayat to support this notion.

Logic user: who cares for your opinion?

------------------
            We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
              Can someone please point out the verses from Quran or a refrence from triditions of Holy Prophet (saw) what is being claimed here? Thanks.

Al-Muwatta Hadith Hadith 15.1

The Order to Be In Wudu (When Touching the Qur'an)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Abdullah ibn Abi Bakr ibn Hazm that in a letter that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, sent to Amr ibn Hazm it said that no-one should touch the Qur'an unless he was pure.

Malik said, "No-one should carry the Qur'an by its strap, or on a cushion, unless he is pure. If it were permissible to do so, it would also have been permissible to carry it in its cover. This is not because there is something on the hands of the one who carries it by which the Qur'an will be soiled, but because it is disapproved of for someone to carry the Qur'an without being pure out of respect for the Qur'an, and in order to honour it."

Malik said, "The best thing that I have heard about this is the ayat 'None touch it except the purified.' (Sura 56 ayat 79) It ranks with the ayat in Surat Abasa (Sura 80), where Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, says, 'No, it is a reminder, and whoever wishes will remember it. Upon honoured pages, exalted and purified, by the hands of scribes, noble and obedient.' "

Ibrahim says; Salaams to all

There is another hadith that basically conveys that, Muslims should take cautions in the transport of the Qur’an into kufr lands (on account of the possibility it being defiled by non believers) I cannot locate that hadith , insha Allah, when I am aware of its full texts and references will let you know .

The Post made by Bro. Hasnain and the opinions given by the Saudi scholars is what I my self practice based on what Allah (swt) had enlighten me with and various references found in other scriptures and their respective ideologies , when it comes to handling sacred matters and scriptures.

Comment

...No-one should carry the Qur'an by its strap, or on a cushion, unless he is pure...
                I have doubts about this hadiths.

As at the time of AnHazoor (saw) the Quran was not compiled into a book to have a strap on. Mostly it was written on dry leaves & shells etc. And most of the Quran was in the hearts of Shabah.

I think, it was Hazrat Usman (ra) who for the first time collected & compiled the Quran in a book format during his Khilafat.

No?
                I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
                X