Comprehensive Advice (for everyone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comprehensive Advice (for everyone)

This is advise is first and foremost to myself, and then to anyone else who reads ...

Abu Jaree ibn Saleem said: I have seen a man whose opinion is followed, he does not say anything except that they take it. I said: Who is this? They said: this is the Messenger of Allaah salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam. I said (twice): 'Alaykus-salaam (upon you be Allaah's prayers) O Messenger of Allaah. He said "Do not say 'alaykus-salaam, for that is the greeting of the dead, rather say: as-salaamu 'alayka."

I said: Are you the Messenger of Allaah? He said: "I am Allaah's Messenger, whom if an affliction touches you and you were to invoke Him, He removes it. And if a year of fammine comes upon you and you invoke Him, He causes the crops to sprout for you. And if you were in a water-less desert and your she-camel strays and you invoke Him, He returns it to you."

I said: Give me advice. He said: "Do not abuse anyone." After that i did not abuse any free man, slave, camel or sheep. He said: "Do not look down upon any good work, and when you speak to your brother then be cheerful to him by your face, and that is from goodness. Raise your 'izaar (lower garment) half way up your shin, if you are averse to this, then just above your ankle. Beware of letting the izaar hang down, for it is from pride, and Allaah does not like pride. and if a man abuses and shames you for a thing which he finds in you, then do not shame him for a thing you find in him; he will bear the evil consequences for it."
    [Related by Abu Daawood, Ahmad and al-Haakim]

regards of kindness

--------------------
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

[This message has been edited by Hasnain (edited October 18, 2001).]
Working...
X