• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reward of praying in congregation

Sahih al-Bukhari
    Volume # 1
    Hadith # 621
    Narrated by: Abu Salama bin Abdur Rahman (RA)

Abu Huraira (RA) said, "I heard Allah's Apostle (SAW) saying, 'The
    reward of a prayer in congregation is twenty five times greater than
    that of a prayer offered by a person alone. The angels of the night
    and the angels of the day gather at the time of Fajr prayer.' " Abu
    Huraira (RA) then added, "Recite the Holy Book if you wish, for
    indeed, the recitation of the Qur'an in the early dawn (Fajr prayer)
    is ever witnessed.' " (17.18).
    Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (RA): The reward of the congregational
    prayer is twenty seven times greater (than that of the prayer offered
    by a person alone).

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

Thank you sis....

------------------
    • na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!
    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

I do not understand why people quote baseless Hadiths, while forgetting the only source of truth, The Holy Quran. You guys bring peoples opinion over God's, and what has no proof of authenticity. God says in Quran "which Hadith other than God and His revelations, do they uphld? (45:6)
      "The Quran is not a fabricated Hadith;..it details everything. (12:111)
      Some people uphold vain Hadith to divert others from the path of God.(31:6)
      The only Sunnah to follow is God's Sunnah.(17:77, 33:62, 48:23, 6:114)

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited October 15, 2001).]

Comment

huh !!!

Sunnah (pl. Sunan) way, mode, manner. Correctly referred to as the words, actions and tacit approvals of the Prophet Muhammad (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) which serve as an explanation of the meaning of the Noble Qur.aan.

Niazi: i hope this helps

Comment

Saadiaa .. thanks for the info. Niazi .. may be you misunderstood something.

Aatif

------------------
          "Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because Oct31 == Dec25" -Andrew Rutherford

Comment

my dear Niazi,

Allaah Subhaan wa'ta'aala has stated in the Qur'aan, that the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) has been sent as an example to mankind, and also it is stated in the Book of Allaah, that the Messenger(salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) does not speak of his own accord, but verily he is inspired through revelation from Allaah.

This alone should confirm the importance of the Sunnah in our Deen.

Then there is the famous argument, that as Muslims, if we did not refer to the Sunnah, how else were we to learn the explicits of worship in Islaam, for example, Wadhu, Salah, Hajj etc etc?

A final adress. The verses you have mentioned above, with reference to 'hadeeth' do not imply the Sunnah of the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), but rather 'hadeeth' in Arabic means to 'speak/talk/speech'. And the aformentioned verses are reffering to the speech/words of the Mushriks and the disbelievers of the time. And indeed Muhammad (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was upon Allaah's Sunnah and Guidance.

.... and Allaah knows best.

Jazaakillaah khair sister Sadiaa

Wassalaam

-----------------
            "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that he has willed it."

Comment

Thanx for sharin' sadiaa sis...

JazakAllah...

------------------
              Life without Islam is like a pencil without a point...pointless.

Comment

24. An-Nr
                V.63

Make not the calling of the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) among you as your calling of one another. Allh knows those of you who slip away under shelter (of some excuse without taking the permission to leave, from the Messenger SAW). And let those who oppose the Messenger's (Muhammad SAW) commandment (i.e. his Sunnah legal ways, orders, acts of worship, statements, etc.) (among the sects) beware, lest some Fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, earthquakes, killing, overpowered by a tyrant, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.

------------------
                "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
                (11:55-56)

Comment

Working...
                X