FEAR OF ALLAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEAR OF ALLAH

In one of his sermons calculated to instill the fear of Allah and the day of reckoning in the hearts of men, he said,

"O people of Quraish be prepared for the hereafter, I cannot save you from the punishment of Allah; O Bani Abd Manaf, I cannot save you from Allah; O Abbas, son of Abdul Mutalib, I cannot protect you either; O Fatima, daughter of Muhammad, even you I cannot save." (Sahahin)

He used to pray,

"O Allah! I am but a man. If I hurt any one in any manner, then forgive me and do not punish me." (Ahmed, Musnad, Vol. 6 pg. 103)

He always received people with courtesy and showed respect to older people and stated:

"To honor an old man is to show respect to Allah."

Thanx for sharing....

Comment

Nice thank you

------------------
      • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
      Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Why so much emphasis on fear and guilt? What happened to the LOVE of Allah?

Comment

Originally posted by Logic User:
          Why so much emphasis on fear and guilt? What happened to the LOVE of Allah?
          Its beyond me as well. Fear here, fear now, fear in the hereafter. Suffer in the world (for sure) and then suffer after death. Whats all this?

------------------
          Poisoned Hearts, Poisoned Minds// Join In Hate
          We're Like Machines// Dead, Do Not Create
          Sitting Docile// While All around is Rot
          We Point Fingers// But Destruction Never Stops
          I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
          I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Who can predict that you'll suffer after death or not? Allah (swt) knows best.

------------------
            • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
            Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Jazakallah khair, thnkx for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch:
                Its beyond me as well. Fear here, fear now, fear in the hereafter. Suffer in the world (for sure) and then suffer after death. Whats all this?

Read this verse carefully and do not make dense annotations without even scrutinizing the meaning of it!

"O people of Quraish be prepared for the hereafter, I cannot save you from the punishment of Allah; O Bani Abd Manaf, I cannot save you from Allah; O Abbas, son of Abdul Mutalib, I cannot protect you either; O Fatima, daughter of Muhammad, even you I cannot save."

Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) mentioned these people, who were so close to him and he was not even sure if they would succeed in hereafter. We are talking about people who had so much love for Allah, for his prophet, for the Holy Koran, and they were so virtuous, pious, dutiful, and lastly devoted to Islam and the teachings of it. However, remember even though having so much love for Allah and his prophet they feared Allah, they always prayed for their forgiveness.

Look what prophet Mohammed (PBUH) said:

"I am a Prophet of Allah but I do not know what will be my end."

Imagine he was the messenger of Allah, who had so much love for Allah, his faith was so strong, but he still feared Allah.

"O Allah! I am but a man. If I hurt any one in any manner, then forgive me and do not punish me."

Muhammad (pbuh) preached to the people to trust in Allah (swt). His whole life was a sublime example of the precept. In the loneliness of Makkah, in the midst of persecution and danger, in adversity and tribulations, and in the thick of enemies in the battles of Uhud and Hunain, complete faith and trust in Allah (swt) appears as the dominant feature in his life. However great the danger that confronted him, he never lost hope and never allowed himself to be unduly agitated. Abu Talib knew the feelings of the Quraish when the Prophet (pbuh) started his mission. He also knew the lengths to which the Quraish could go, and requested the Prophet (pbuh) to abandon his mission, but the latter calmly replied,

Dear uncle, do not go by my loneliness. Truth will not go unsupported for long. The whole of Arabia and beyond will one day espouse its cause."

When the attitude of the Quraish became more threatening, Abu Talib again begged his nephew to renounce his mission but the Prophet's (pbuh) reply was:

"O my uncle, if they placed the sun in my right hand and the moon in my left, to force me to renounce my work, verily I would not desist thereform until Allah made manifest His cause, or I perished in the attempt."

Imagine his reliance, certainty of his belief, his sincerity, his resilience towards Islam was so strong and still having all that on his part, he feared Allah and we are talking about his messenger!

We cannot be close to him and we make such statements:

“Its beyond me as well. Fear here, fear now, fear in the hereafter. Suffer in the world (for sure) and then suffer after death. Whats all this?”

This attest our Iman by saying such stuff and this shows that we really need to educate ourselves instead saying crap without even having an intellectual thought!

Comment

Yes indeed The Holy Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) did fear Allah and this is the characteristic of a true believer. But today we have become so much involved in worldly affairs that we don't have time to think over important things like this.

May Allah guide us to the right path. Ameen.

------------------
                  Truth forever on the scaffold, wrong forever on the throne.

Comment

Ameen

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch:

This is not ALL OF ISLAM what you are seeing in the original post. Its one part. There are several ways Allah SWT has invited human being towards himself.... by love, by scaring of hell, by showing rewards of heaven. There are several levels of 'imaan'/'faith'.... to my knowledge and memory, the best one is if you follow Allah SWT's command for the love of HIM.

------------------
                      We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

well said changez_like.....i think our iman is just so weak that we dont even realize that there are so much important stuff that we must follow in order to succeed in hereafter.

i think we are so much involved in wordly things and we are just lost in the darkness of KUFR.

may Allah show us the path of his command.

Ameen

Comment

'Oh, my Lord, if I worship Thee from the fear of hell, burn me therein. And if I worship Thee for the hope of paradise, exclude me therefrom. But if I worship Thee for the Love of Thee, then withold not from me Thy Eternal Beauty'.

A Dua from Rabia Al Basri.

Comment

Dear Rehan
                            Assalamun Alaikum, seems like you read a lot of Hadith, while you should be only reading The Quran. Quran is the only truth and the rest is all history. You would not like to put a human's word over God's. Hadith was not written by The prophet Mohammud, the first Hadith came after 200 years of his death.
                            [This message has been edited by niazi (edited October 13, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited October 15, 2001).]

Comment

Please people stop quoting from the baseless Hadith and stuff and only quote from The Quran, the only true source of God's knowldge and guidence. Why people not want to read The Quran when Allah Himself has said that this is a coplete Book, and also The Detailed Book.For more info on Hadith and Sunnah please see www.submission.org

Comment

Working...
                              X