Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dissapproval of seeking help from disbelievers in a military campaign.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dissapproval of seeking help from disbelievers in a military campaign.

Sahih Muslim - ňBook 19, Number 4472:

It has been narrated on the authority of A'isha, wife of the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him), who said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) set out for Badr. When he reached Harrat-ul-Wabara (a place four miles from Medina) a man met him who was known for his valour and courage. The Companions of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) were pleased to see him. He said: I have come so that I may follow you and get a share from the booty. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said to him: Do you believe in Allah and His Apostle? He said: No. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Go back, I will not seek help from a Mushrik (polytheist). He went on until we reached Shajara, where the man met him again. He asked him the same question again and the man gave him the same answer. He said: Go back. I will not seek help from a Mushrik. The man returned and overtook him at Baida'? He asked him as he had asked previously: Do you believe in Allah and His Apostle? The man said: Yes. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said to him: Then come along with us.

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

This goes out to NA and Co...Thank you.

------------------
    • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Please don't quote me on this ... but I think in 'Mesaq-e-Madina' AnHazoor (saw) took the 'musriks' & 'jews' in confidence, that any attack on Madina would be an attack on all! And all parties were subject to help each other.

The above mentioned hadiths might be related to the specific individual!

I will research some more and post related things here.
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
        Please don't quote me on this ... but I think in 'Mesaq-e-Madina' AnHazoor (saw) took the 'musriks' & 'jews' in confidence, that any attack on Madina would be an attack on all! And all parties were subject to help each other.

The above mentioned hadiths might be related to the specific individual!

I will research some more and post related things here.
        Hmmmm.......Didn't noticed that....Anyway we will wait for you
        I think there was a unity build, but not sure if it was related to this event.

------------------

Comment

Ok, I searched for "pact Madina" and found the following on this website.

Ref. ...
          • The Jews of Bani 'Awf are one community with the believers.

1. The Jews will profess their religion, and the Muslims theirs.

2. The Jews shall be responsible for their expenditure, and the Muslims for theirs.

3. If attacked by a third party, each shall come to the assistance of the other.

4. Each party shall hold counsel with the other. Mutual relation shall be founded on righteousness; sin is totally excluded.

5. Neither shall commit sins to the prejudice of the other.

6. The wronged party shall be aided.

7. The Jews shall contribute to the cost of war so long as they are fighting alongside the believers.

8. Madinah shall remain sacred and inviolable for all that join this treaty.

9. Should any disagreement arise between the signatories to this treaty, then Allah, the All-High and His Messenger shall settle the dispute.

10. The signatories to this treaty shall boycott Quraish commercially, they shall also abstain from extending any support to them.

11. Each shall contribute to defending Madinah, in case of a foreign attack, in its respective area.

12. This treaty shall not hinder either party from seeking lawful revenge.

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Thank you very much Ahmadjee.

------------------

Comment

now it depends on which incident was first. Muslims were back stabbed by the jews after pact of madina, werent they?

Comment

Hum, I don't think the order matters. Otherwise we will have to revive a lot of Islamic ethics & laws.

Anyway, if I remember correctly ... the Misaq-e-Madina was considered, at least from AnHazoor (saw) side up till the war aganist the three tribes of Jews.
                - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
                X