Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surah al-A'raaf..."And remember (wadhkur) your Lord mind, with humility and fear...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surah al-A'raaf..."And remember (wadhkur) your Lord mind, with humility and fear...."

The Heights (7) - Ayah 205

"And remember (wadhkur) your Lord in your mind, with humility and fear, and without raising your voice; remember Him in the morning and evening, and do not become of those who are negligent (ghafileen)"

Commentary:

The purpose of this reminder is to emphasize constant remembrance of God in all walks of life. It also indicates how heedless (ghafil) and heartless a person becomes without the remembrance of God.For every error and corruption in the society stems from the fact that man tends to forget that Allah is his Lord and that on his own he is merely a servant of God, and is being tested in this world.

The kind of remembrance which is sought here is not necessarily the movement of the tongue, but the movement of the heart; a movement that moves a believer to action, that moves one's eyes to tears, and that reminds one of the Majesty and Mercy of Allah.

Once the mother of Anas (may Allah be pleased with them both) said, "O Prophet of Allah! Give me some good counsel (nasiha)", to which the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) replied:

"Emigrate from sin, for surely that is the best kind of emigration (Hijrah)! Be diligent in the performance of the obligatory duties, for surely that is the best kind of struggle (Jihad)! And remember Allah often, for surely you cannot meet Allah with anything better than His Remembrance (Dhikr)!"

The kind of dhikr recommended in this Hadith is not the same as that is commonly known as 'remembrance'. It's rather one's source of contentment and stability in the face of worldly adversities and hardships.In our own contemporary civilization, there are many educated people, each with his or her own set of intelligent acquaintances. Yet, in spite of all our sophistication, nervous disorders and depression are common ailments in our society. For the reason that the hearts of people are devoid of Allah.

And, after all, how can they remember someone they do not even know? When was the last time we opened the Book of Allah with the intention of learning more about Him and getting closer to the Merciful God? Indeed, for the most part, modern civilization is completely cut off from God. Yet man, regardless of how strong he may be, is essentially weak; and regardless of how knowledgeable he may be, is essentially inadequate. Indeed, one's need for his or her Lord is no less than that of child for its parent.

The moral and social framework established by our Last Prophet (sall Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) can be supported only by those whose hearts are unblemished and pure. No wonder, why the Prophet himself pointed to his heart and said, "At Taqwa haa Hunaa!" ("Taqwa is here!" i.e. in the heart)

[compiled from "Remembrance and Prayer: The Way of Prophet Muhammad"
    by Shaykh Muhammad al-Ghazzali, pp. 156-158]

Source:YMFN

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited October 05, 2001).]

Jazaakillaah khairun.

Wassalaam

---------------
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Working...
    X