Where do the dreams come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do the dreams come from?

Whenever the term Human is used it means a physical body with a soul (Rooh). The soul provides energy to the physical body to perform a certain task. Thus, a soul and a body are two separate entities. Without a soul no physical body can function. Similarly, without a physical body no soul can interact with the materialistic world. Therefore, both the entities support each other to do worldy things.

Further on, our religion Islam says that Allah(SWT) calls back all the souls (Arwaah) to a place which is called Barzakh when humans go to sleep. These Arwaah rest there till they are re-ordered to enter into our bodies when we have to wake up. Meaning, our bodies are very close to death when we are sleeping. A Japenese research scientist has proved through his experiments that there is no difference between both the states that is of death and sleep.

So, Keeping in mind.

a) A physical body cannot function without a soul.
    b) A physical body is dead when the soul is de-tached from it.
    c) Every soul is detached from the body at night when a person goes to sleep.

Where do these dreams come from?

If our bodies are dead at nights ( A dead man certainly can not think or rationalize) then how come our brains function in such a manner that they produce a sequence of events? If its not the brain who does this then is it the soul? If it is the soul then can a soul generate such thoughts without a physical medium?

Can any one provide me some more info on this...?

------------------
    Who are these kids and why are they calling me dad?

Assalaamu ‘alaykum warahmatullaah dear EmptyBrain,

The person asleep does not loose contact with his soul but retains a biological link which allows him to continue breathing. It is said that the sleeping person and his wandering soul remain connected through an imperceptible thread emerging from his nostril, as it is through the nose that the soul seems to move into and out of the body.

The soul of the dead person loses any connection with its body, but is allowed to return to its body for brief periods when Allaah wills, such as to answer the questions in the grave by the angels ‘Munkar’ and ‘Nakir’ and for the body to feel some of its punishment. During life, the link between body and soul is not always uniform but fluctuates. At times it is strong, and weak at others. During sleep the link is weak and serves a biological function only. The link will also be weak in sickness, but strong in health.

Shaikh Suhaib Hassan ibn Abdul Ghafaar – hafidh’Allaah – writes in his book, that when the human body is asleep its soul is able to wander freely and speedily through the heavens where it is able to meet others souls, and these travels are then remembered by the person as dreams. Umar (radhiallaahu anhu) once asked Ali (radhiallaahu anhu) why some dreams come true while others are false. Ali replied that whatever a soul hears in heaven during its sleep journey is truthful and will come true. However satan will try to confuse the soul by mixing its vision with fears and lies so that the person will awaken to remember either nightmares or a confused medley of dreams which make no sense. In this regard the Prophet (salallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said : ” The most truthful among you in speech will have the truest dreams.”

And just briefly, as i'm sure you are aware there are three types of dreams, and the good dreams are from Allaah.

… and Allaah knows best.

Fee amaan’Allaah
    -------------
    "No leaf falls except that he knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it,"

Comment

Walykum Assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh Mr. Hasnain

Thanx alot! I really learned some new concepts. Could you please tell me the name of the book that Shaikh Suhaib Hassan ibn Abdul Ghafaar has written.

Comment

... yes of course. I'm terribly sorry, i forgot to write the name of the book.

likyeh janaab ... the book is called, 'The Journey of the Soul' by Suhaib Hassan.

The Shaikh himself is a graduate of Madeenah University, and his father too was a scholar (as too was his grandfather) and used to teach at Madeenah University. Some of Dr Suhaib Hasan's teachers included Shaikh ibn Baaz, Shaikh al-Albaani (raheemahuma'Allaah) and Shaikh Abdul-Muhsin al-'Abaad along with his own father (hafidhahum'Allaah). Alhamdulillaah, we are very fortunate to have him here in the UK.

Jazaak'Allaah khair.

Wassalaam

-------------------
        "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Working...
        X