Separation Of Mosque And State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separation Of Mosque And State

Islam clearly doesn't tolerate any separation of state and religion. Pakistan was created for the Muslims of India but it seems to me that the vision of Mr. Jinnah, a completely westernized individual, was quite different from the radical Islamist state our Muslim brothers and sisters now want to create. At any rate, I would argue with you that a modern nation can't evolve without this basic concept of separating state institutions from various religions and various religious sects. The few Muslim coutries that are on the cutting edge of progress in the Muslim world have already accepted and institutionalized this idea, despite rigorous opposition from the fundamentalists. The best example is Turkey.

So where do we go from here? Do we keep shooting for the 7th century Islam and be doomed into going around and around, following the mullahs or do we separate fundamentalist Islamic ideas from the institutions of the state and get on the road to progress in an extremely competitive world?

Originally posted by Logic User:
    Islam clearly doesn't tolerate any separation of state and religion. Pakistan was created for the Muslims of India but it seems to me that the vision of Mr. Jinnah, a completely westernized individual, was quite different from the radical Islamist state our Muslim brothers and sisters now want to create
    What's makes yout think that jinnah wanted a westernised state? In many, many speeches, he stresed continuously the need for Islamic identity, to make Islamic Law the basis (of legislation), to design the state system in the light of Qur’an and Sunnah and to establish the society around the principle of Islamic justice and equity. In his speech of July, 1948 at the time of inauguration of the State Bank of Pakistan, and in his Eid message that year, he declared, "We want to enact Islamic Law in the country".
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Comment

Why do we have two threads with on the same topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
        Why do we have two threads with on the same topic?
        in fact, looks like 2 topics in same thread a) what jiinah wanted b)is it possible to separate state and church, rather mosque in islam.

Comment

This thread is a bit confusing as it suggests the separation of Mosque and State which I don't understand if it means separation of Islam and State or separation of Clerics and State.

I agree that Clerics and State shouldn't be together as it hasn't been the case in the past not even in the 7th century. All the Caliphs were chosen to be the leaders not only on the basis of their Islamic knowledge but their capability of leadership.

On the other hand if Islam and State are separated then it would be bad for the whole humanity as Islam doesn't support revenge but people without any knowledge of Islam would resort to violence under the influence of hate for their enemy.

Comment

Working...
          X