The Damaged Copies of Quran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Damaged Copies of Quran

Those of you, who are familiar with the proper way to dispose off damaged copies of Quran, will find this very heart-warming.

In Friday’s New York Times, there was a story of a man, a Baluch from Quetta, whose sole mission in life is to bury the damaged copies of the Quran. For this purpose, he has dug out a big underground tunnel, where he stores the copies of Quran that no longer can be used. His interview was very moving, and he said that so far, he has received many truckloads of Qurans that are stored in his tunnel. The fee is very minimal, like about 200 rupees for a sack-load of Qurans.

The thing that touched me the most is when asked, if he would consider burying the copies of Torah and the Old Testament, and his reply was “God has granted me the common sense to properly dispose off his words, be they in the Torah, or in any other scripture” and “Yes, if asked, I will gladly dispose off the Old Testament and Torah”.

What a beautiful human being, in otherwise an ugly world.

a rare specie.

------------------
    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

By the way, what is the common belief on disposing the unuseable copies of Quran?
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Burying, burning...and *i think* its also possible to dispose of them in bodies of water?---i'm not sure about that last one though, just the faintest memory of a conversation i heard when i was small.

Comment

Originally posted by Girl from Quraysh:
          Burying, burning...and *i think* its also possible to dispose of them in bodies of water?---i'm not sure about that last one though, just the faintest memory of a conversation i heard when i was small.

I think the idea of disposing of unuseable copies of Quran is to throw it in flowing water (like river or oceans).

------------------
          We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
            I think the idea of disposing of unuseable copies of Quran is to throw it in flowing water (like river or oceans).

Yep!

------------------
            • “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
            Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Working...
            X