Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kissing and wiping the Qur.aan over the eyes

fatwa-online.com

All Praise is for Allaah, the One, and prayers and salutations upon His Messenger, his family and his companions. To proceed:

We do not know of any basis for this in the pure Sharee'ah.

And with Allaah lies all success and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

jazakallahi khair sadiaa

Comment

Very nice Saadia.

------------------
      “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
      Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

jazakallah khairun Sadiaa!

Comment

The core of Islam is Tauheed. The rest is supporting to the concept of Tauheed. "Kissing the Holy Book is not a part of religion. It has to do with the emotional attachement with the Quran."

I believe that if a person firmly believes in Tauheed then he surely will fear Allah. And once you fear someone you try not to do things which are against his/her will.

So if someone fears Allah he surely will prevent himself from doing things which are forbiden by Allah.

------------------
          Who are these kids and why are they calling me dad?

Comment

jazakallahu khairan. I hope that 'common people' also learn about such matters... including 'keep Quran on brides head during rukhsati'. I hope that people 'read and learn' the CONTENTS of Quran and not just read and shelve it.

------------------
            We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

And I wonder how many Pakistanis have got the Qur'aan embodied in the most decorative cover sitting on the highest shelve of the room and gathering dust.

It's a sad fact that so many people believe that adorning the Qur'aan in fancy material and then letting it gather dust in a high place of residence, has fulfilled the right of the Qur'aan.

Unfortunately this is the case with so many households these days.

073.020 Thy Lord doth know that thou standest forth (to prayer) nigh two-thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and so doth a party of those with thee. But Allah doth appoint night and day in due measure He knoweth that ye are unable to keep count thereof. So He hath turned to you (in mercy): read ye, therefore, of the Qur’an as much as may be easy for you. He knoweth that there may be (some) among you in ill-health; others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah’s bounty; yet others fighting in Allah’s Cause, read ye, therefore, as much of the Qur’an as may be easy (for you); and establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan. And whatever good ye send forth for your souls ye shall find it in Allah’s Presence,- yea, better and greater, in Reward and seek ye the Grace of Allah: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Comment

Salaam

Jazaakillaah khair sister

EmptyBrain,

The core of Islam is Tauheed. The rest is supporting to the concept of Tauheed. "Kissing the Holy Book is not a part of religion. It has to do with the emotional attachement with the Quran."
                I believe that if a person firmly believes in Tauheed then he surely will fear Allah. And once you fear someone you try not to do things which are against his/her will.

So if someone fears Allah he surely will prevent himself from doing things which are forbiden by Allah.
                Masha'Allaah bhai, well put. I loved reading that. Jzaak'Allaah khairun. *smile*

Not only will he/she fear Allaah, through the understanding and eemaan of Tawheed, but he/she shall also learn to have hope in Allaah's Mercy and love for the Creator.

Unforunately, the Jews just have 'Hope' that they will be submitted to Paradise and as they believe to be the 'chosen ones'. Whereas the Christians only 'Love' Allaah and therefore have gone astray by innovating into their religion and justifying it by the saying that Allaah is 'all loving and merciful'.

And as muslims we love Allaah (SWT) becuase He is Al-Wadood (The loving), Al-Kareem (The Generous), and Al-Wahaab (The Giver The Bestower) etc. And we have hope in Allaah becuase He is Ar-Rahmaan (The Entirely Merciful), Al-Ghafoor (The Forgiving), and Ar-Ra'oof (The Compassionate) etc. And we fear Allaah becuase He is Al-Azeez (The Almighty), Al-Jabbaar (The One Who Subdues wrong), and Al-Montaqim (The Evenger of Evil) etc.

So in islaam, striking a balance between the three - Love, Hope and fear of Allaah - is the crux of monotheism ... and in turn will protect us from newly invented matters into the Religion.

Love,Hope&Fear.

------------------
                "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Kissing the Qur'an is showing respect to it, and we do not say it's not Islamic.

Scholars of Islam said, if one does not know how to read Al-Qur'an, by only looking at the context of Al-Qur'an gets reward.

Also, it's affirmed that the Sahabah used to wear "Hirz" which is some ayat of Al-Qur'an that they was put in a small case and hung on the neck of their children. That's lawful and rewardable, which protects agaisnt evil and Devil.

Allah knows best.
                  Ahmad G
                  Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

Ahmed G,

You show respect to Koraan by reading it, understand it, and then acting upon it.

If your mother sends you letter saying my son you should do such and such things and don't do such and such things...you will show your best respect to her by looking at that letter and storing it in high class garmets? Or will you show your respect by reading that later, understanding that letter and then acting upon what your mother said in that letter so she may find you safe at end of day and so you could reply back with results and not despair.

Same case koraan and I think, allah wants us to read koran, understand koran and then act on it. There is no point in NOT having koraan and having koran and not reading it and hoping to get reward just by looking at it in silk garmets up way up on the shelf.

Also, could you please provide some references to claims you made that "islamic" scholars" said that...??? Must be brailvi scholars... anyway I am looking for references..so please list some.

------------------
                    "I am not playing with a full deck!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad G:
                      Also, it's affirmed that the Sahabah used to wear "Hirz" which is some ayat of Al-Qur'an that they was put in a small case and hung on the neck of their children. That's lawful and rewardable, which protects agaisnt evil and Devil.

Allah knows best.
                      references would be nice, especially from sihah sitta.

------------------
                      We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Working...
                      X